PDA

View Full Version : Weather guys - Orange Beach next week

Irondawg
05-19-2017, 11:00 AM
Forecasting has changed to 90% rain Sun-Tuesday and lower % for Wed. Was going there sun-Thursday.

Any idea if we're talking spot showers Sun/mon/Tues or something that is set in and you'll get zero beach time those days?

The prospect of being holed up in a condo with stir crazy kids for 3 days isn't that enticing so may try to move the trip if it's going to be miserable.

starkvegasdawg
05-19-2017, 12:51 PM
I'd be willing to bet after Sunday you'll be able to log some beach time. It could be at some different times than accustomed to, but I don't see all day rains setting in.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-19-2017, 12:55 PM
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USAL0415

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
05-19-2017, 01:07 PM
damn i'm leaving out for perdido key tomorrow guess I should pack a poncho

Tripp McNeely
05-19-2017, 01:27 PM
Add Pensacola to that list. Mr. and Mrs. McNeely will be there the 24th - 29th.

Dawgface
05-19-2017, 02:13 PM
I had planned to go Sun-Thurs. Think I'm going to wait until after Memorial weekend now.

Mobile Bay
05-19-2017, 02:37 PM
Five Rivers Delta Resource Center and the Weeks Bay reserve have a few interesting exhibits and animals for kids, depending on their age. There is always the Battleship if they haven't been. Ft Morgan, and the ferry boat over to the Dauphin Island Sea Lab Esturarium are options as well.

Edit: GulfQuest may be back open in Mobile

As I come up with more ideas, I will edit this post.

Edit part 2; Places to eat. The Original Oyster House is always good. Shipp's Harbour Marina Grill is my favorite down there. The Foley Coffee Shop does a great greasy breakfast, as does Hazel's. The Gulf is ok, but the seafood isn't local. Doc's is an institution. If you are willing to drop the cash, Jesse's in Magnolia Springs.

starkvegasdawg
05-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Forecasting has changed to 90% rain Sun-Tuesday and lower % for Wed. Was going there sun-Thursday.

Any idea if we're talking spot showers Sun/mon/Tues or something that is set in and you'll get zero beach time those days?

The prospect of being holed up in a condo with stir crazy kids for 3 days isn't that enticing so may try to move the trip if it's going to be miserable.

Let me add...King Neptunes in Gulf Shores. Get the fried cheesecake. Wolf Bay Lodge good, too.

Dawgface
05-19-2017, 04:34 PM
All mentioned are good. I also like Fisher's at the Orange Beach Marina. For breakfast Ducks Diner on Canal road.