PDA

View Full Version : OK, Random Poster...

DeviousDawg
05-18-2017, 09:27 PM
I can agree. Belmont's "superior defensive skills" do not make up for his insufficient bat. Liability at best...

msstate7
05-18-2017, 09:32 PM
Overall body of work, can't really disagree. Tonight though, Belmont saved a run and got a big walk to load bases with 1 out.

lamont
05-18-2017, 09:36 PM
Belmont saved a run .

every SEC 3rd basemen makes that play. It was just a high hopper. It looked better because Belmont is 5'11

msstate7
05-18-2017, 09:38 PM
every SEC 3rd basemen makes that play. It was just a high hopper. It looked better because Belmont is 5'11

Lol... no they don't. You're hate for a kid is really unhealthy

Tbonewannabe
05-18-2017, 09:40 PM
Poole shouldn't bat anymore either.

lamont
05-18-2017, 09:42 PM
Lol... no they don't. You're hate for a kid is really unhealthy

I dont hate the kid- I wish he would hit...every 3rd baseman makes that play- he took one step and jumped. It wasnt a hard play

msstate7
05-18-2017, 09:43 PM
I dont hate the kid- I wish he would hit...every 3rd baseman makes that play- he took one step and jumped. It wasnt a hard play

Full extension and had to time the jump. Then beat the runner to 3rd. It was not an easy play

Dallas_Dawg
05-18-2017, 09:48 PM
Talking to yourself DD/RP?

msstate7
05-18-2017, 09:50 PM
MaroonFlounder
05-18-2017, 09:51 PM
Poole is a great outfielder, so same deal with him. I wish a pinch hitter would have been called on with bases loaded.

The hitting will likely be equally anemic vs Poche' tomorrow.

lamont
05-18-2017, 09:52 PM
Full extension and had to time the jump. Then beat the runner to 3rd. It was not an easy play

every SEC 3rd baseman makes that play

lamont
05-18-2017, 09:56 PM

brother from another mother

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2017, 10:01 PM
I can agree. Belmont's "superior defensive skills" do not make up for his insufficient bat. Liability at best...

Devious, you got anything new on the Investigation De Freezus?

We need something to cheer us up

Roy Munson
05-18-2017, 10:14 PM

It was a good play. Bragg makes that play, but it looks routine because he's a giant. No different that spud Webb's dunks looked much cooloer than shaqs

MarketingBully
05-18-2017, 10:17 PM

Bragg makes that play as well. He is also 6'4 but not only that has better reach then Alexander. Let's face it. Having Alexander and Poole in the lineup together is killing our production at the plate. When you add Lovelady ahead of them, they are the big reason why we have lost the last three games. Those two have been up in huge situations over the last three SEC games and have K'ed most of the time. We have to take them out and move Lovelady down to nine. This is getting ridiculous.

I seen it dawg
05-18-2017, 10:26 PM

Ok would have been a hard play for you

msstate7
05-18-2017, 10:54 PM
Ok would have been a hard play for you

Not you though, bc you played baseball... I reminded everyone for you

Dawg61
05-18-2017, 11:55 PM
Poole is a great outfielder, so same deal with him. He can't hit for shit, he shouldn't see the field again

preachermatt83
05-19-2017, 12:32 AM
Bragg should play 3rd and McNamee in right.

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-19-2017, 01:32 AM
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii603/langstonjay/Mobile%20Uploads/1D76E1AB-59D7-4E8A-9680-531CB83F3AAD_zpshgtn2vok.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/langstonjay/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1D76E1AB-59D7-4E8A-9680-531CB83F3AAD_zpshgtn2vok.jpg.html)

shannondawg
05-19-2017, 06:40 AM
I can't believe I just read an entire thread on whether a baseball play was great or not.

I seen it dawg
05-19-2017, 06:43 AM
Not you though, bc you played baseball... I reminded everyone for you

Well I'm left handed so I quit playing short when I was 14. But yeah I make that play easily.

basedog
05-19-2017, 08:44 AM
I can't believe I just read an entire thread on whether a baseball play was great or not.

Hell I didn't get to watch but he still ain't Sec material, hell AROB44 could play third and hit bout the same......well that may be a stretch.

msstate7
05-19-2017, 08:55 AM
Hell I didn't get to watch but he still ain't Sec material, hell AROB44 could play third and hit bout the same......well that may be a stretch.

Yet he's invited to the premier summer league for college players.

If he isn't sec material, he's dang good at tricking his coaches. Cohen started him over gridley at SS for 20 games. Cann kept Alexander at 3b even when Bragg was available. With all that said, Luke has to hit better

Thick
05-19-2017, 09:19 AM
All I will say is that Belmont has no discipline at the plate. Once he gets 2 strikes....breaking ball in the dirt, high heat, and he's done. Poole has an ugly swing. If you are going to play that guy for his defense and his speed, he BUNTS every time, even with 2 strikes. If he's coming to bat with RISP, and a critical time in the game, McNamee pinches. It's absolutely brutal to watch him at bat, and last night the 6,7, & 8 spots hurt us.

Mangum hurt us also. That kid has got to be more discipline as well, and if he's going to swing at everything, then he needs to work out with Canns. So he can rattle the fences.

basedog
05-19-2017, 09:24 AM

If he isn't sec material, he's dang good at tricking his coaches. Cohen started him over gridley at SS for 20 games. Cann kept Alexander at 3b even when Bragg was available. With all that said, Luke has to hit better

You amaze me Belmont Sr!

Wait till Cann gets another 3rd baseman for next year. As for as last year, who's looking back? Gridley has proven himself, no explanation needed.

Ray Charles approves this message cause he can see Belmont Jr ain't Sec material. Worse hitting 3rd baseman in Msu history!

msstate7
05-19-2017, 09:37 AM
You amaze me Belmont Sr!

Wait till Cann gets another 3rd baseman for next year. As for as last year, who's looking back? Gridley has proven himself, no explanation needed.

Ray Charles approves this message cause he can see Belmont Jr ain't Sec material. Worse hitting 3rd baseman in Msu history!

I'll ban bet you that unless Alexander is injured he starts at 3b/SS day 1 next season. What up?

basedog
05-19-2017, 09:47 AM
I'll ban bet you that unless Alexander is injured he starts at 3b/SS day 1 next season. What up?

Banning you would make my day! You post way too much about nothing mostly.

Btw Belmont Sr, maybe you should send your son to RP Hitting Camp this summer.

basedog
05-19-2017, 09:49 AM

P.S. ED posting is your life, what the he'll would you do.....oh wait 24/7 SPS.

msstate7
05-19-2017, 09:49 AM

So, we on?

smootness
05-19-2017, 09:55 AM

Out of all the people who post here, it's msstate7 that you would like to see banned?

msstate7
05-19-2017, 10:01 AM
Out of all the people who post here, it's msstate7 that you would like to see banned?

I don't why I let him, random, and I seen it get me so rustled. (Breathe deeply... the braves will be back... acuna, allard, maitan... I'm chill again haha)

basedog
05-19-2017, 10:02 AM

He is the one with all the ban talk.

msstate7
05-19-2017, 10:04 AM
He is the one with all the ban talk.

You right... you got me wound up. Freddie freeman injury and tough loss last night has be on edge with baseball. Carry on...

Bigedawg
05-19-2017, 10:05 AM
Poole is a great outfielder, so same deal with him. I wish a pinch hitter would have been called on with bases loaded.

The hitting will likely be equally anemic vs Poche' tomorrow.

I get the argument that Poole is a plus defender because of his speed, but I have to disagree with great. He throws like he is in a pie chunking contest. On LSU's 3rd run last night, there was a routine fly ball to fairly shallow right field, and Poole caught it with his feet set to make a strong throw to the plate but he barely got enough on the throw to hit the cut off man. The announcers even said that we were going to have a play at the plate. Umm, not so much. The same thing happened at UGA last weekend. He is a rangy outfielder with a bad throwing arm, which does not make him an elite defensive outfielder considering your right fielder typically needs the best arm in the outfield. At least with McNamee in the line up, there is a chance that he can put the ball in play every now and then. I think some of these guys are gonna be lucky to stick on the roster next fall, but it seems this is the hand we are going to play the rest of the season.

basedog
05-19-2017, 10:13 AM
You right... you got me wound up. Freddie freeman injury and tough loss last night has be on edge with baseball. Carry on...

Awesome Post Sr. +1

lamont
05-19-2017, 10:19 AM
Belmont Sr, maybe you should send your son to RP Hitting Camp this summer.

Cann is a helluva hitting coach- but it sure wouldn't hurt to get some more eyes on him.

msstate7
05-19-2017, 10:39 AM
Cann is a helluva hitting coach- but it sure wouldn't hurt to get some more eyes on him.

As belmont's dad, I backed Luke out of the cape and signed him up with rouge this summer

BorneDawg
05-19-2017, 12:53 PM

What I cant understand is since a few on here are smarter and better coaches (trophies to prove it) than Cohen and Can ***** Why aren't they coaching a SEC team?

shannondawg
05-19-2017, 03:03 PM
Awesome Post Sr. +1

Hope you not doing this on your phone while driving up the highway from Durango to Silverton.

JDog13
05-19-2017, 05:15 PM
As belmont's dad, I backed Luke out of the cape and signed him up with rouge this summer

Avon?

CadaverDawg
05-19-2017, 05:51 PM

Lol +1

basedog
05-19-2017, 07:25 PM
Hope you not doing this on your phone while driving up the highway from Durango to Silverton.

Shannondawg, it was a helluva and awesome drive! The Million Dollar Highway, WOW!