PDA

View Full Version : Bravos looking Hot

BigEasyDawg
05-17-2017, 10:53 AM
Dansby has reached safely in 18 of 19 games.
Freeman with his NL leading 14th homer last night. He looks so dialed in right now, its fun to watch.

shoeless joe
05-17-2017, 11:01 AM
Kemp is also producing. If pitching ever becomes just decent then this team could stay around .500. Rite now they gotta get hot just to get to that point.

MetEdDawg
05-17-2017, 11:02 AM
Dansby has reached safely in 18 of 19 games.
Freeman with his NL leading 14th homer last night. He looks so dialed in right now, its fun to watch.

Pitching is going to be what holds us back. Colon and Dickey being starters in our rotation is killing us. Colon doesn't have it anymore. Going into his last start, his ERA in the first 3 innings this year was above 10. This team can't play from behind so that kills us. His ERA is 6.80, his WHIP is 1.46, and his K/BB is 2.45. I'm not sure how much longer we can allow that in our rotation.

msstate7
05-17-2017, 11:36 AM
Pitching is going to be what holds us back. Colon and Dickey being starters in our rotation is killing us. Colon doesn't have it anymore. Going into his last start, his ERA in the first 3 innings this year was above 10. This team can't play from behind so that kills us. His ERA is 6.80, his WHIP is 1.46, and his K/BB is 2.45. I'm not sure how much longer we can allow that in our rotation.

Help could be on the way...

AAA staff:

Newcomb...
2.89 era 1.37 whip 46 k in 37.1 ip

Sims...
2.16 era 0.82 whip 42 k in 41.2 ip

Weigel (just got to AAA) stats from both stops...
3.05 era 1.15 whip 43 k in 44.1 ip

Blair and wisler actually coming off solid starts. I'm still not counting on them for anything.

Our AA staff is absolutely sick:

Allard (19-years old!!!!)...
1.23 era 0.95 whip

Soroka (19-years old!!!)...
2.84 era 0.89 whip

Gohara (20-years old)...
2.11 era 1.20 whip

AA guys won't be up this year, but I think you could see any of the AAA starters this year

smootness
05-17-2017, 11:43 AM
We do have to remember that SunTrust will alter offensive numbers to some degree. So the hitting hasn't been quite as good as it seems, and the pitching hasn't been quite as bad as it seems.

parabrave
05-17-2017, 11:47 AM
Well they are playing the blue jays. This weekend will tell us something about the status of the team. I saw the baby braves play the other nite. Gohara looked good and acuna and meneses looked good at the plate.

msstate7
05-17-2017, 11:48 AM
We do have to remember that SunTrust will alter offensive numbers to some degree. So the hitting hasn't been quite as good as it seems, and the pitching hasn't been quite as bad as it seems.

Teheran agrees...
home -- era = 8.14 21 ip
Away -- era = 0.71 25.1 ip

msstate7
05-17-2017, 11:49 AM
Well they are playing the blue jays. This weekend will tell us something about the status of the team. I saw the baby braves play the other nite. Gohara looked good and acuna and meneses looked good at the plate.

Acuna is our best prospect imo. Hopefully maitan can change my mind

parabrave
05-17-2017, 12:36 PM
I wish they would start teaching Meneses to play third. He really looks like a sure fire prospect buttttt I think 1st base is taken for a few years to come.

Tbonewannabe
05-17-2017, 12:44 PM
I wish they would start teaching Meneses to play third. He really looks like a sure fire prospect buttttt I think 1st base is taken for a few years to come.

Yep, we desperately need a 3rd baseman. Freddie is the top 1st baseman in baseball since around the Allstar break last year. Once he got over that slow start last year, he has been killing it. Might be the MSU fan in me but I was hoping Austin Riley would be the guy. He has the power potential but who knows if he will hit consistently enough.

BigEasyDawg
05-17-2017, 12:47 PM
I havent got a chance to make the trip to pearl, but will soon. Who is with the Mbraves that will most likely get called up in the next year or so?

msstate7
05-17-2017, 12:53 PM
I havent got a chance to make the trip to pearl, but will soon. Who is with the Mbraves that will most likely get called up in the next year or so?

Acuna, allard, soroka, gohara (injured), and demeritte are good prospects. Not sure they meet that window though

parabrave
05-17-2017, 01:05 PM
Acuna, allard, soroka, gohara (injured), and demeritte are good prospects. Not sure they meet that window though

Unfortunately knowing how this braves management operates most of these guys will be used as trade bait to get some 39 yearold pitcher or young stud who both have had numerous TJ surgeries who won't be available for 2 years if any.

smootness
05-17-2017, 01:09 PM

Max Fried as well

smootness
05-17-2017, 01:10 PM
Unfortunately knowing how this braves management operates most of these guys will be used as trade bait to get some 39 yearold pitcher or young stud who both have had numerous TJ surgeries who won't be available for 2 years if any.

Wut

BoomBoom
05-17-2017, 01:56 PM

They won't even eat Bonerface's $1.5M salary, no way they'll eat Colon's $12.5M anytime soon. They will double down on his fat ass until the trade deadline. I'm pretty sure Sims is on the 40 man, so we'll probably see him first of all the prospects.

MetEdDawg
05-17-2017, 02:20 PM
They won't even eat Bonerface's $1.5M salary, no way they'll eat Colon's $12.5M anytime soon. They will double down on his fat ass until the trade deadline. I'm pretty sure Sims is on the 40 man, so we'll probably see him first of all the prospects.

Sims needs to be up soon. He's been solid this year. I figure we won't do anything with Colon until the deadline, but I would think a team may need to dump some bad longer term contracts and get something more short term and favorable in Colon's contract. Maybe we can get a better bench bat out of something like that.

Those two acquisitions pissed me off. Him and Dickey had virtually no chance to do us any good. I thought this team could hit well enough to compete for a wild card and that a couple halfway decent starters would get us there. But Colon and Dickey suck and us relying on them is ridiculous.

Tbonewannabe
05-17-2017, 02:33 PM
Sims needs to be up soon. He's been solid this year. I figure we won't do anything with Colon until the deadline, but I would think a team may need to dump some bad longer term contracts and get something more short term and favorable in Colon's contract. Maybe we can get a better bench bat out of something like that.

Those two acquisitions pissed me off. Him and Dickey had virtually no chance to do us any good. I thought this team could hit well enough to compete for a wild card and that a couple halfway decent starters would get us there. But Colon and Dickey suck and us relying on them is ridiculous.

Colon was decent last year and I thought maybe Dickey would benefit from moving down south out of the dome. I thought maybe the knuckle would move better but he just might be done. Both of those guys were bandaids trying to get through this year but didn't work too well. Tehran and Folty are a good start on a rotation but I am ready to see some of those young prospects do something.

BoomBoom
05-17-2017, 05:01 PM

It was a smart hedge. The talent lined up better for 2018 than this year. Colon, Dickey, and Garcia were cheap options that gave us good flexibility for this year. They do better than expected and we are in the playoff hunt, or can be flipped for talent. They do worse than expected, then we bail on them, give some younger guys some time in low leverage situations, and get another top draft pick. Pretty clearly going to be the 2nd one, which ain't so bad.

msstate7
05-17-2017, 07:11 PM
6 1st inning runs. If we hold on, it'll be 2 series wins in a row.

Liverpooldawg
05-17-2017, 08:22 PM
That will cool em off. Freddie just had to leave the game. Hit by a pitch on the left hand. Dang.

parabrave
05-17-2017, 08:43 PM
That will cool em off. Freddie just had to leave the game. Hit by a pitch on the left hand. Dang.

Yep that didn't look good at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he misses a few games.

shoeless joe
05-17-2017, 09:54 PM
Well tomorrow nite could be entertaining. Love some good old fashioned bad blooded baseball...could be a nice precursor to the bitch coming to Starkville this weekend

msstate7
05-17-2017, 10:00 PM
Well tomorrow nite could be entertaining. Love some good old fashioned bad blooded baseball...could be a nice precursor to the bitch coming to Starkville this weekend

Teheran loves to hit guys too

IMissJack
05-17-2017, 10:01 PM
But not as hot as the Astros...

Liverpooldawg
05-18-2017, 08:26 AM
Freeman's X-rays were inconclusive. He is having more tests done today.

Tbonewannabe
05-18-2017, 08:39 AM
I also have Freddie on my fantasy team so double shot of bad.

BoomBoom
05-18-2017, 02:57 PM
Teheran loves to hit guys too

Lots of chatter about bad blood and a fight bound to happen tonight. If im the Braves I call up a starter for long relief, as Teheran probably gets tossed early.

ETA: probably sol on that being in Toronto.

smootness
05-18-2017, 02:59 PM
Lots of chatter about bad blood and a fight bound to happen tonight. If im the Braves I call up a starter for long relief, as Teheran probably gets tossed early.

Just start Collmenter, let him get tossed, then bring in Teheran.

shoeless joe
05-18-2017, 03:00 PM

Hardcore fan I see

msstate7
05-18-2017, 03:08 PM
Just start Collmenter, let him get tossed, then bring in Teheran.

Won't even hurt with collmenter throwing 82 though haha

msstate7
05-18-2017, 03:10 PM
I think tulo was supposed to be back tonight. If I were Toronto, I'd wait on him and sit pillar and Bautista. They actually have a team capable of going on a big run when they're healthy

Really Clark?
05-18-2017, 03:13 PM
Freeman out 8-10 weeks. Broken wrist

BoomBoom
05-18-2017, 03:20 PM
Hardcore fan I see

Lol, yeah my bad. In my defense, I missed last night's game cause I went to see the AA team play.

msstate7
05-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Lol, yeah my bad. In my defense, I missed last night's game cause I went to see the AA team play.

Fried had a decent start after looking bad early

msstate7
05-18-2017, 04:04 PM
Braves sign James loney

BoomBoom
05-18-2017, 04:11 PM
Fried had a decent start after looking bad early

He just had bad luck in 2 innings, and bad D at SS. Fell into the trap of throwing his curve every time he got 2 strikes on somebody. Was too predictable with that. I dont think there was a single lefty in that lineup either.