PDA

View Full Version : Who to root for this weekend...

CadaverDawg
05-16-2017, 11:05 PM
Somebody help me with this. Looks like we could finish anywhere from 1st in the SEC to 4th in the West? What do we need/want to happen? What's best case & worst case?

Oh, and any chance Ole Miss misses the tournament if they lose 2 out of 3 against AU?

State82
05-16-2017, 11:16 PM
They are 34 in rpi after the loss tonight (down 2 spots from Sunday). AU is 43. If um loses 2 they will be under .500 in league play. That would probably put them dangerously on the bubble unless they make a run in Hoover. I would like to see how that would play out, just for fun.

CadaverDawg
05-16-2017, 11:21 PM
They are 34 in rpi after the loss tonight (down 2 spots from Sunday). AU is 43. If um loses 2 they will be under .500 in league play. That would probably put them dangerously on the bubble unless they make a run in Hoover. I would like to see how that would play out, just for fun.

I want AU to knock them out of postseason

State82
05-16-2017, 11:25 PM

That would be funny as hell. Also, you're right in that we could conceivably finish fourth in the west. And if we were to take two this weekend it doesn't mean we win the west. Arky could sweep and win the west in that scenario.

Bucky Dog
05-16-2017, 11:25 PM
Sweep LSU and it will all work out. I'm saying we win 2 of 3 minimum and win the West. Clarion Ledger will give credit to OM somehow for us winning the SEC!

Todd4State
05-17-2017, 12:12 AM
The way I understand it, the best case scenario for us would be to sweep LSU, Kentucky wins 2/3 and A&M wins at least one from Arkansas.

And of course Auburn sweeps Ole Miss.

Our guys need to go out there and have fun playing baseball.

Todd4State
05-17-2017, 12:15 AM

That series could be for the last SEC at large bid. It's going to be up to the committee unless either one wins the SEC Tournament.