PDA

View Full Version : Well, lets hope we get a favorable 2 seed somewhere

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-16-2017, 08:20 PM
It was fun while it lasted and this team is the definition of overachieving.

JDog13
05-16-2017, 08:33 PM
Paging Bl...

You know what, nevermind.

lamont
05-16-2017, 08:35 PM
our team is spent. Not enough depth due to injuries and/or bad decisions by players. We are limping into the postseason

Leeshouldveflanked
05-16-2017, 08:38 PM
If not for the Romper Wearers up North.... It would be a long summer....

CadaverDawg
05-16-2017, 10:23 PM
Paging Bl...

You know what, nevermind.

Hahaha

ScoobaDawg
05-16-2017, 10:36 PM
and yet again Yee of little faith...

Commercecomet24
05-16-2017, 10:46 PM
Don't ever doubt this bunch. Big heart can overcome a lot.

beretta
05-16-2017, 10:57 PM
Jolly and especially Self looked really, really confident on the mound tonight.....i made the comment to myself when i saw Self kinda dancing to the music, he was about to throw some heat....then he throws it 94 for a strike....i think our hitters are more spent than our pitchers, contrary to whats being said.....our hitters are being 'found out' and i think that has Canni tinkering to keep it interesting.....just my 2cents though

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-17-2017, 05:19 AM
and yet again Yee of little faith...

Well roll me in breadcrumbs and dip me in you know what or however that saying goes.

yjnkdawg
05-17-2017, 11:48 AM
Jolly and especially Self looked really, really confident on the mound tonight.....i made the comment to myself when i saw Self kinda dancing to the music, he was about to throw some heat....then he throws it 94 for a strike....i think our hitters are more spent than our pitchers, contrary to whats being said.....our hitters are being 'found out' and i think that has Canni tinkering to keep it interesting.....just my 2cents though

To me it looked liked Jolly had put everything together last night and showed more of a fiery and confident mannerism, that hasn't been shown before.

bulldogcountry1
05-17-2017, 09:39 PM
I think switching Mangum and Gridley is key to getting our offense going. Gridley has has a lot of pressure on him since everyone stopped pitching to Rooker. Mangum looks healthy and confident, and he will protect Rooker.

StoneDawg
05-17-2017, 09:41 PM
https://d1baseball.com/projections/field-64-projection-may-16/

Jack Lambert
05-17-2017, 10:22 PM
https://d1baseball.com/projections/field-64-projection-may-16/

They still projecting ole miss.

Commercecomet24
05-18-2017, 12:07 AM
And Baseball America and Warren Nolan have us hosting. It all hinges on this weekend. Win the series we host.

Todd4State
05-18-2017, 01:31 AM
And Baseball America and Warren Nolan have us hosting. It all hinges on this weekend. Win the series we host.

Pretty much this. That's the bottom line. One might be enough- definitely would put us on the bubble.

I don't think our hitters are spent. I think we just needed to shake up the lineup.

To me, Mangum is more of a traditional number two type hitter than a lead off hitter. He doesn't walk a lot, and he swings at a lot of pitches but he also doesn't strike out a lot and puts the ball in play. Really a perfect set-up for us would be like last year where we had Robson leading off before he got hurt and then Mangum behind him because Mangum's aggressiveness and bat control and then Robson's speed open up a lot of possibilities. Since we don't have Robson I like Gridley in front of Rooker. He's a lot more patient so at the beginning of the game we're less likely to have Gridley make an out on the first pitch forcing out best guy to go up there in the first without seeing what the pitcher has while he's on deck. It looked to me like Gridley was pressing to do something big every time they walked Rooker during the Georgia series and he usually ended up doing something unproductive. Plus Gridley isn't a great base stealer so we're not really missing much in terms of base stealing. Mangum doesn't care what they do to Rooker- he's always going to put the ball in play more times than not and Cody is a pretty good hitter behind him that can do both small ball things and hit with some power. That means we can use Mangum's speed more than we could and then the other team won't just walk Rooker.

MacNamee and Vansau are both hitting over .300 in SEC play so even though they didn't do much against Troy I'm fine keeping them at 5-6 right now. Lovelady has to play and he has his moments with the bat. LA is kind of the same situation a little bit. At least when he does get a hit he tends to do damage. He just has to learn to not chase pitches.

Stovall is pretty awesome and is the best nine hole hitter in the league.

Todd4State
05-18-2017, 01:35 AM
The other thing that could be interesting for us is the SEC Tournament could be something that could help us but at the same time if we're eliminated early I don't think it will really hurt us that much so it's almost a house money situation. Unless we lose to Georgia again.

MarketingBully
05-18-2017, 03:15 AM
The other thing that could be interesting for us is the SEC Tournament could be something that could help us but at the same time if we're eliminated early I don't think it will really hurt us that much so it's almost a house money situation. Unless we lose to Georgia again.

If we play Georgia again, we will crush them. UGA won because of fluke stupidity and an inabaility to throw strikes Saturday. And our starter Sunday just going into meltdown mode.