PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Vansau

confucius say
05-15-2017, 02:27 PM
.342 in SEC games and .318 overall in 66 at bats. For all the talk about Bragg, I think it's Vansau who needs to be in the lineup every day. Adds a left handed bat too. Keep mcnamee at DH and put Vansau in right, or vice Versa.

Mangum, Rooker, gridley
Brown, mcnamee, Vansau,
Alexander/Bragg, Lovelady, Stovall

CadaverDawg
05-15-2017, 02:34 PM
.342 in SEC games and .318 overall in 66 at bats. For all the talk about Bragg, I think it's Vansau who needs to be in the lineup every day. Adds a left handed bat too. Keep mcnamee at DH and put Vansau in right, or vice Versa.

Mangum, Rooker, gridley
Brown, mcnamee, Vansau,
Alexander/Bragg, Lovelady, Stovall

Couldn't agree more

lamont
05-15-2017, 03:52 PM
I could live with that- but my focus on Belmont is because he is alot worse than Poole. Its becoming ludicrous that we continue to play Belmont yet sit others.

Conference stats:

Poole .222 Avg... .290 OBP
Belmont .165 Avg.... .191 OBP

Poole's OBP is 100 points higher than Belmont's. For all the shit Poole gets- that's a big damn difference.

We probably should replace both. As we saw vs Georgia- we've come to point where playing weak hitters because of their D just doesnt get it done anymore. It's hot outside- time to play some offense.

smootness
05-15-2017, 03:54 PM
I could live with that- but my focus on Belmont is because he is alot worse than Poole. Its becoming ludicrous that we continue to play Belmont yet sit others.

Conference stats:

Poole .222 Avg... .290 OBP
Belmont .165 Avg.... .191 OBP

Poole's OBP is 100 points higher than Belmont's. For all the shit Poole gets- that's a big damn difference.

We probably should replace both. As we saw vs Georgia- we've come to point where playing weak hitters because of their D just doesnt get it done anymore. It's hot outside- time to play some offense.

The difference outside of league play has to mean something, too, then. But even I will admit that Alexander's defense may not be worth his bat right now. I still believe in his future offensively, but he's not showing any of it right now.

chainedup_Dawg
05-15-2017, 04:24 PM
Honest question on Alexander, why have we not had him on the mound this year? At least I don't remember him taking the mound this year. We all agree we have to get his bat out of the line up. I defended him for a while but it's just not worth it any more. I have it on good authority the kid could sling it back in high school, was there some injury that I don't know about? Does anyone know if we have even given him a look? I admittedly haven't followed the team like I normally do this year...

tcdog70
05-15-2017, 04:34 PM
I wish Hunter would bat lead-off. Jake has no plate discipline.Put Cody behind Rooker and get warning track Gridley down to about 7th.Vansau needs to be 5th or sixth. Put Macnamee behind Cody. if Poole plays He needs to bunt every time and use his speed.

Tbonewannabe
05-15-2017, 05:44 PM
The difference outside of league play has to mean something, too, then. But even I will admit that Alexander's defense may not be worth his bat right now. I still believe in his future offensively, but he's not showing any of it right now.

He needs to work on his hitting this summer or else he needs to be a late defensive replacement next year. We don't need anyone in the lineup that is going to strike out on fastballs around your chin on the reg.

Todd4State
05-15-2017, 06:10 PM
Vansau and MacNamee's SEC stats stood out to me as did the fact that Gridley is hitting .290 in SEC play. I think it's time to shake up some things.

CF- Mangum
SS- Gridley
1B- Rooker
LF- Brown
DH or RF- MacNamee
DH or RF- Vansau
C- Lovelady
3B- LA
2B- Stovall

I'm hoping that will allow Gridley to see more fastballs. Cody Brown is more clutch than Gridley and therefore more likely to make a team pay if they choose to walk Rooker. LA still starts over Bragg because Bragg's issues are more attitude related.

Also- Billingsley is starting against Troy. I say we still keep our rotation intact and then go to Gordon out of the bullpen after an inning or two with JB because he seems much better out of the bullpen vs. starting.

msbulldog
05-15-2017, 06:21 PM
This is the last regular season series for the grand old lady known as Polk-Dement. She was the classy broad when she was built! Over the years she has witnessed our cheers and our tears, she has always been there for us as we always come back. We owe Her our loyalty, in this final weekend of her life, against our true rival, that we made hire Skip Bertman just to keep up with us. Turn out Bulldogs, show them the power of the Bulldog Baseball Nation!

I seen it dawg
05-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Move hunter to third, Cody to 2nd, mac in left and leave Poole alone, DH vansau.

Grid - arguably our most disciplined hitter
Rooker
Mangum
Cody -
Mac
Vansau
Lovelady
Poole
Stovall

War Machine Dawg
05-15-2017, 08:05 PM
For all the hate of LA here, I don't get the love for MacNamee. He sucks worse than LA ever will at the plate. He's a damned black hole in the 5 spot. He only has 17 RB this season in one of the prime RBI spots in the lineup. That's not getting in done. LA is currently 4th on the team in RBI with 21. MacNamee can be counted on to hit so long as 1) no one is on base and/or 2) there's less than 2 outs. Otherwise, he's useless.

I seen it dawg
05-15-2017, 08:16 PM
For all the hate of LA here, I don't get the love for MacNamee. He sucks worse than LA ever will at the plate. He's a damned black hole in the 5 spot. He only has 17 RB this season in one of the prime RBI spots in the lineup. That's not getting in done. LA is currently 4th on the team in RBI with 21. MacNamee can be counted on to hit so long as 1) no one is on base and/or 2) there's less than 2 outs. Otherwise, he's useless.

Holy shit. I'm at a loss with this one. Mstate7 need your stats

confucius say
05-15-2017, 08:19 PM

I bet LA has lot more at bats than mcnamee

I seen it dawg
05-15-2017, 08:28 PM
I bet LA has lot more at bats than mcnamee

Noooooooooooo

msstate7
05-15-2017, 08:32 PM

Alexander = .230/.289/.358
ops = .647
ISO = .128

Macnamee = .268/.309/.379
Ops = .679
ISO = .102

CadaverDawg
05-15-2017, 09:25 PM

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2016-11/21/10/asset/buzzfeed-prod-fastlane03/anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

This post is no bueno

HoopsDawg
05-15-2017, 10:20 PM
Move hunter to third, Cody to 2nd, mac in left and leave Poole alone, DH vansau.

Grid - arguably our most disciplined hitter
Rooker
Mangum
Cody -
Mac
Vansau
Lovelady
Poole
Stovall

I can dig it.

lamont
05-15-2017, 11:01 PM

Damn dude. That was not a very good post. Belmont has way more AB's than Mac. LA is literally the worst hitting starter in SEC baseball. It's documented

Todd4State
05-15-2017, 11:03 PM
Last numbers I looked at MacNamee is over .300 against SEC competition too.

CadaverDawg
05-15-2017, 11:06 PM
Damn dude. That was not a very good post.

Haha, that was the politest attempt at not calling his post "shitty", that I've ever seen.

(You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.)

The Federalist Engineer
05-17-2017, 09:31 AM

(1) LA has 60 more at bats (like 15 more games)
(2) LA got a lot of ABs against Marist, Western Illinois, and Indiana State
(3) Mac got ABs because he could at least make contact with good pitching, Oregon series was his first splash
(4) it was at Oregon that LAs current development level got exposed, he came into that series as a top of the order hitter with a +300 batting average
(5) in sec ball, Mac hits for 2x the average of LA

louisvilledawg
05-17-2017, 09:40 AM

LOLOLOL.

And you write for a site? I need that job.

I seen it dawg
05-17-2017, 11:39 AM
LOLOLOL.

And you write for a site? I need that job.

Lol damn