PDA

View Full Version : My 2017 "Way To Early" SEC football power rankings

pdawg10msu
05-14-2017, 04:32 PM
http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2017/05/14/way-too-early-2017-sec-football-power-rankings/

Would love feedback guys!

Dawgology
05-14-2017, 06:04 PM
http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2017/05/14/way-too-early-2017-sec-football-power-rankings/

So many pop ups trying to get me to sign up for free it ran me off. If I enjoy enough articles from a site I will join without being prompted to.

pdawg10msu
05-14-2017, 06:06 PM
So many pop ups trying to get me to sign up for free it ran me off. If I enjoy enough articles from a site I will join without being prompted to.
Yeah, if I had control of that, it wouldn't be there. But I don't.

archdog
05-15-2017, 12:11 PM
Yeah, if I had control of that, it wouldn't be there. But I don't.

Couldn't argue with that list.

pdawg10msu
05-16-2017, 09:47 AM
Final thread bump.

lamont
05-16-2017, 10:14 AM
Bama and Auburn are the class of the conference this year

Then you have LSU, Georgia, and Fla grouped together a step behind

From there- teams 6-14 are a crapshoot. Bunch of 7-5 or 6-6 teams

Tbonewannabe
05-16-2017, 10:15 AM
I agree for the most part. Pretty good write up.

Political Hack
05-16-2017, 11:04 AM
Bama and Auburn are the class of the conference this year

Then you have LSU, Georgia, and Fla grouped together a step behind

From there- teams 6-14 are a crapshoot. Bunch of 7-5 or 6-6 teams

UGA will find a way to lose the east. LSU and Florida will find a way to have zero offense. I really don't see them any better than the remaining group. UGA may be and the other two are certainly talented enough to do it, but they don't execute at high levels like Bama and Auburn (on O).

lamont
05-16-2017, 11:12 AM
UGA will find a way to lose the east. LSU and Florida will find a way to have zero offense. I really don't see them any better than the remaining group. UGA may be and the other two are certainly talented enough to do it, but they don't execute at high levels like Bama and Auburn (on O).

Disagree

Fla returns 4 starters on the OL and their WR's. A healthy QB is all they need

LSU has a game manager at QB that doesn't turn the ball over. He will make a few throws and they will hammer on people. Nothing flashy- but they will be better coached than they have been in years offensively.

Pollodawg
05-16-2017, 11:14 AM
LSU is mid-pack at best.

Pollodawg
05-16-2017, 11:15 AM
Disagree

LSU has a game manager at QB that doesn't turn the ball over. He will make a few throws and they will hammer on people. Nothing flashy- but they will be better coached than they have been in years offensively.

LSU massively downgrades at head coach.

lamont
05-16-2017, 11:18 AM
Orgeron is a recruiter. He isn't doing shit with the O or the D

Pollodawg
05-16-2017, 11:24 AM
Orgeron is a recruiter. He isn't doing shit with the O or the D

lol. This ain't a game or two or even a half season. He's the big boy now. He has to manage a major program an entire season. We'll see.

Pollodawg
05-16-2017, 11:29 AM
And don't even give me the "O'll just be a figurehead" argument. That never works.

Political Hack
05-16-2017, 11:42 AM
Disagree

I can sympathize with the LSU assessment more because if their QB will accept his role and not turn the ball over, they could be really tough to beat. I just have no confidence in Florida.

lamont
05-16-2017, 12:10 PM
And don't even give me the "O'll just be a figurehead" argument. That never works.

Worked well for Paterno, Richt, Tubby, and others for a good while. Paterno didn't wear a headset the for at least the last 15 years he coached. Richt turned his offense over years back. Tubbs hasn't run a D since his days at OM.

Orgeron is there to recruit and handle the press conferences. The strength coach and others handle field discipline. He got the job because he accepted the demand to let his coordinators run the show. They weren't going to hire another meddler after Miles for a decade. That's also why Aranda got such a big raise. He is the defensive HC

Pollodawg
05-16-2017, 12:13 PM
Worked well for Paterno, Richt, Tubby, and others for a good while. Paterno didn't wear a headset the for at least the last 15 years he coached. Richt turned his offense over years back. Tubbs hasn't run a D since his days at OM.

Orgeron is there to recruit and handle the press conferences. The strength coach and others handle field discipline. He got the job because he accepted the demand to let his coordinators run the show. They weren't going to hire another meddler after Miles for a decade. That's also why Aranda got such a big raise. He is the defensive HC

And all three of those coaches ended their tenures how? Oh yeah, fired......lol

Pollodawg
05-16-2017, 12:14 PM
And Paterno wasn't worth a shit for years before he was canned. Neither was PSU

Pollodawg
05-16-2017, 12:16 PM
As far as Tubbs goes, you bring up a head coach whose been fired everywhere he's been since AU? Well, except for when he split at TT.

TUSK
05-16-2017, 02:56 PM

I like. Good job.

pdawg10msu
05-16-2017, 04:51 PM
I like. Good job.
Thank you Tusk.