PDA

View Full Version : KY Elk Drawing Today

SapperDawg
05-13-2017, 11:06 AM
Fellow Outdoor Dawgs - I have been out of the net for a bit, running around some areas without great comms. Today is the annual KY elk hunt drawing. Anyone in it?

basedog
05-13-2017, 11:18 AM
I wish!

SapperDawg
05-14-2017, 01:22 AM
Well, I will not be hunting KY elk in KY this year. I am still batting .250, though. That 2014 hunt was awesome, and the more I think about it the more grateful I am to have drawn.

basedog
05-14-2017, 08:14 AM
Ive been looking at some Elk Hunts in New Mexico, I would love to hook up with an outfitter that doesn't cost a arm and leg. You have any suggestions?

SapperDawg
05-14-2017, 10:01 AM
I have a friend that hunted there recently....I will ask him.

BrunswickDawg
05-15-2017, 07:33 AM
I'm amazed that the elk population in KY has gotten large enough for any type of hunt. They were only reintroduced 30 years ago. I wish we would reintroduce them in GA. There are a few high-dollar plantation/hunting clubs that have trophy herds you can shoot for $$$$$, but the odds of me hunting one of those is about as high as my odds of finally landing Elizabeth Shue.

99jc
05-15-2017, 10:06 PM
I'm amazed that the elk population in KY has gotten large enough for any type of hunt. They were only reintroduced 30 years ago. I wish we would reintroduce them in GA. There are a few high-dollar plantation/hunting clubs that have trophy herds you can shoot for $$$$$, but the odds of me hunting one of those is about as high as my odds of finally landing Elizabeth Shue.

Arkansas next week as a ranger the elk hunting days are over for me for a while.