PDA

View Full Version : 5-13-17 Scoreboard Watch

confucius say
05-13-2017, 06:54 AM
Aub (14-12) at LSU (17-9) (12:00) (SECN)
Tenn at Ky (16-9) (1:00)
USCe at Mizz (2:00)
MSU (17-8) at Georgia (3:00) (SECN)
Vandy at Ark (15-9) (6:00)
Fla (17-8) at Bama (6:00)
aTm (15-10) at Miss (6:00) (SECN)

msstate7
05-13-2017, 06:59 AM
War eagle! Really need them to give us a little breathing room

BigEasyDawg
05-13-2017, 07:01 AM
yesterday, everybody we wanted to win, lost. Heres to a hopefully different day.

It can't happen again, right? We are MSU, we have the greatest luck ***

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 07:05 AM
War eagle! Really need them to give us a little breathing room

That double header against Auburn really screwed us. If that series wouldn't have required a double header, I'm positive we take 2/3 from them and we are almost running away with the conference. But alas the doubleheader did happen and we are where we are.

gravedigger
05-13-2017, 07:13 AM
yesterday, everybody we wanted to win, lost. Heres to a hopefully different day.

Well. Except one team.

gravedigger
05-13-2017, 07:18 AM
That double header against Auburn really screwed us. If that series wouldn't have required a double header, I'm positive we take 2/3 from them and we are almost running away with the conference. But alas the doubleheader did happen and we are where we are.

You have a point, but this team's persona is overcoming adversity. So that DH may be the medication we needed. Refocused us.

Thick
05-13-2017, 07:44 AM
We need to sweep...period! Doesn't matter if AU wins, we need 3 in Athens.

msstate7
05-13-2017, 07:49 AM
We need to sweep...period! Doesn't matter if AU wins, we need 3 in Athens.

Sweep in Athens coupled with an auburn win today means all we have to do is win 1 next week to finish ahead of lsu

basedog
05-13-2017, 07:54 AM
Sweep in Athens coupled with an auburn win today means all we have to do is win 1 next week to finish ahead of lsu

Auburn has sh*t in the bed, actually I'm only concerned about us, we control our own destiny. So far so good, don't look back look ahead and take one game at a time which is exactly what Cann has done!

Not sure if I have ever seen a better Coaching job than what Cann has done this year regardless.

The crowds next weekend will be electric to say the least!

WSOPdawg
05-13-2017, 07:58 AM
Take it one game at a time, the only game that matters at present is today's. Win that one and we're one step closer to back-2-back SEC championships. Let's do this!!!

msstate7
05-13-2017, 08:02 AM
Auburn has sh*t in the bed, actually I'm only concerned about us, we control our own destiny. So far so good, don't look back look ahead and take one game at a time which is exactly what Cann has done!

Not sure if I have ever seen a better Coaching job than what Cann has done this year regardless.

The crowds next weekend will be electric to say the least!

Cann has been outstanding. I critique him like all our coaches in game threads, but I'm not sure bobby cox (I love Bobby) could've done a better job. After losing to usm, we were 12-10 (0-3)... we've since gone 21-7 (17-5). Just a fantastic job.

With all that said, I'll take any help we can get and an auburn win would be a huge step forward in winning the west

Thick
05-13-2017, 08:26 AM

I totally understand, but Auburn winning one in Red Stick is looking highly, highly unlikely.

msstate7
05-13-2017, 08:30 AM
I totally understand, but Auburn winning one in Red Stick is looking highly, highly unlikely.

Maybe not... mize is pitching today, right?

WSOPdawg
05-13-2017, 08:37 AM
Maybe not... mize is pitching today, right?

With LSU having already thrown Lange & Poche, Mize is the best SPer on the mound today. Hopefully AU can find a way to win this one.

msstate7
05-13-2017, 08:46 AM
With LSU having already thrown Lange & Poche, Mize is the best SPer on the mound today. Hopefully AU can find a way to win this one.

Mize is the best pitcher in the sec.

'17 stats...
64.2 ip 50 h 10 er 8 bb 86 k
Era = 1.39
Whip = 0.90
Bb/9 = 1.11
K/9 = 11.97
H/9 = 6.96

That's HS numbers. If he's back healthy, I really question saving this guy for Sunday.

yjnkdawg
05-13-2017, 08:59 AM

Hopefully so , but has Auburn ever done anything to help any of our sports' programs? I sure can't remember it happening. But you just never know (yjnk).

basedog
05-13-2017, 09:18 AM
Lsu > Auburn

Florida > Bama

Arkansas > Vandy

Aggies > Sh*tbirds

Kentucky > Tenn

Msu > Georgia

Today's predictions.

confucius say
05-13-2017, 09:23 AM
I'll take auburn and OM today.

CadaverDawg
05-13-2017, 11:04 AM
I'll take auburn and OM today.

I agree

smootness
05-13-2017, 11:19 AM

Hey, we got lucky last year. Why not again?

And we control our own outcome. Just keep winning and nobody can pass us.

I seen it dawg
05-13-2017, 12:21 PM
Auburn sucks so ****ing bad. Just straight pussies

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Mize isn't the same pitcher.

preachermatt83
05-13-2017, 12:36 PM
I hate auburn!!! LSU up 2-0 early.

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 12:39 PM
I think there is more to Mize's rest then we are led to believe. Elbow soreness? His location is basically gone?

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 12:41 PM
Alabama roughed him up last weekend. Maybe if we had faced him on that Sunday we would have roughed his ass up too.

preachermatt83
3-0 now. Stupid auburn idiots

I seen it dawg
Aub another team along with Arkansas I would love to play again. Prob sweep them both.

Saltydog
05-13-2017, 12:42 PM
to a 2 seed and dropping.....

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 12:43 PM
Oh well, we will have to sweep UGA which I think we can do.

msstate7
05-13-2017, 12:43 PM
I think there is more to Mize's rest then we are led to believe. Elbow soreness? His location is basically gone?

I hate to think butch is pitching mize with elbow soreness. That'd be a really selfish move

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 12:44 PM
to a 2 seed and dropping.....

If we had thrown strikes on that one day, we easily win that series.

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 12:45 PM
I hate to think butch is pitching mize with elbow soreness. That'd be a really selfish move

He's definitely not the same pitcher at all since coming back.

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 12:47 PM

That's why they rested him he had elbow soreness.

preachermatt83
05-13-2017, 12:48 PM
Oh well, we will have to sweep UGA which I think we can do.

Regardless if we sweep uga or win 2 of three it's the same outcome... we will still have to win two of three next weekend if LSU wins today.

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 01:10 PM
Auburn is just nose diving at the end. Remember, South Carolina was a very bad call away from taking two from LSU last weekend.

MetEdDawg
05-13-2017, 01:17 PM
In non SEC action, Virginia is down 4-1 in the 5th to Miami. Virginia is sitting at 9 in RPI. Miami is 74th. Won't knock Virginia below us but would put us in striking distance potentially.

WSOPdawg
05-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Yep, looks like LSU gonna sweep Auby. Maybe Bama can hang an L on Florida.

msstate7
05-13-2017, 01:28 PM
Auburn certainly isn't playing well, but lsu looks good to me. Their starters look good... esp if walker has turned a corner (5.2 ip 0 hits).

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 01:32 PM
Auburn certainly isn't playing well, but lsu looks good to me. Their starters look good... esp if walker has turned a corner (5.2 ip 0 hits).

Here we go again...

CadaverDawg
05-13-2017, 01:34 PM
Starting to think LSU may get a Natl Seed just by sweeping AU and beating us once

It may be someone else's Natl Seed we're playing for

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 01:36 PM
Starting to think LSU may get a Natl Seed just by sweeping AU and beating us once

It may be someone else's Natl Seed we're playing for

Lul, really?

msstate7
05-13-2017, 01:36 PM
Here we go again...

3rd starter has a no hitter thru 6. That's not impressive to you? We haven't had a Sunday starter go 6 period in an sec series. I'm not saying they're gonna beat us... I'm just saying they look good. If you think next weekend is gonna be a cake walk, I think you're in for a rude awakening. We will have our hands full... they will too

basedog
05-13-2017, 01:39 PM

Like I said earlier, Auburn has sh*t in the bed, losing 7 in row makes anybody they art playing look good.

This game and series is no surprise, we control our own destiny.

Btw, Florida will chop down Bama also.

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 01:40 PM
3rd starter has a no hitter thru 6. That's not impressive to you? We haven't had a Sunday starter go 6 period in an sec series. I'm not saying they're gonna beat us... I'm just saying they look good. If you think next weekend is gonna be a cake walk, I think you're in for a rude awakening. We will have our hands full... they will too

Auburn is tail spinning into oblivion. Ole Miss will sweep them.

CadaverDawg
05-13-2017, 01:40 PM
Lul, really?

Yea. They have a great rpi, and people drool over LSU. I'm not saying they deserve it, just that them being LSU and being hot, they could easily get a Natl Seed by beating us once then winning the SEC tourney or making the final. Never know.

Thick
05-13-2017, 01:42 PM
The Dude needs to be en fuego next weekend!

msstate7
05-13-2017, 01:43 PM
I think Florida gets national seed no matter what. If Kentucky, us, or lsu wins sec, the sec gets 2.

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 01:44 PM

You say this about everybody that is in competition with us. You say everyone is better then us. Last week Florida is going to win the SEC. This week's flavor is LSU.

msstate7
05-13-2017, 01:45 PM
You say this about everybody that is in competition with us. You say everyone is better then us. Last week Florida is going to win the SEC. This week's flavor is LSU.

No, I still think Florida wins sec. I favor pitching over hitting in picking my favorites to win.

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 01:45 PM
Yea. They have a great rpi, and people drool over LSU. I'm not saying they deserve it, just that them being LSU and being hot, they could easily get a Natl Seed by beating us once then winning the SEC tourney or making the final. Never know.

As Auburn continues to lose, their RPI will go down. They will get a national seed if they win the SEC. I think whoever wins the SEC gets a national seed and that's all the SEC gets.

CadaverDawg
05-13-2017, 01:46 PM
Auburn is tail spinning into oblivion. Ole Miss will sweep them.

You try to bash msstate7 and his negativity, yet you are the total opposite with your sunshine pumping, and acting like any time someone beats a good team that good team is suddenly terrible...every time we lose it's the umpiring...every team catches all the breaks yet we catch none, etc. It's funny how you make fun of people and call them dumb for saying a good team is playing good...yet we don't sit around calling you an idiot for acting like if anything bad happens it's just bc the other teams are catching all the breaks or we're getting screwed. It doesn't ALL have to be positive for MSU and negative towards our opponents...you can admit if someone else does something well and not be a shitty fan.

CadaverDawg
05-13-2017, 01:47 PM
As Auburn continues to lose, their RPI will go down. They will get a national seed if they win the SEC. I think whoever wins the SEC gets a national seed and that's all the SEC gets.

And you may be right. Or you may not be. We'll see.

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 01:48 PM
No, I still think Florida wins sec. I favor pitching over hitting in picking my favorites to win.

Alabama almost got a W over Florida's ace. I think Alabama steals one. I think we sweep UGA and U.K. takes the series next week over Florida. I think we take 2/3 from LSU to win the SEC.

CadaverDawg
05-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Alabama almost got a W over Florida's ace. I think Alabama steals one. I think we sweep UGA and U.K. takes the series next week over Florida. I think we take 2/3 from LSU to win the SEC.

Color me shocked.*

basedog
05-13-2017, 01:50 PM

Quit thinking, we are playing as good as anybody in the Sec, you forget we are tied for first.

Auburn sucks, losing or getting swept two weekends in a row. OM will win the series against Auburn.

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 01:52 PM
You try to bash msstate7 and his negativity, yet you are the total opposite with your sunshine pumping, and acting like any time someone beats a good team that good team is suddenly terrible...every time we lose it's the umpiring...every team catches all the breaks yet we catch none, etc. It's funny how you make fun of people and call them dumb for saying a good team is playing good...yet we don't sit around calling you an idiot for acting like if anything bad happens it's just bc the other teams are catching all the breaks or we're getting screwed. It doesn't ALL have to be positive for MSU and negative towards our opponents...you can admit if someone else does something well and not be a shitty fan.

UAB beat Auburn and Auburn has lost 7 straight. When Ole Miss sweeps Auburn, they will have lost 10 straight. LSU lost to South Alabama at home this week and were gifted the third game against South Carolina on a call that the guy was out by a step and a half. LSU is big time benefiting from Auburn's implosion.

msstate7
05-13-2017, 01:56 PM
Quit thinking, we are playing as good as anybody in the Sec, you forget we are tied for first.

Auburn sucks, losing or getting swept two weekends in a row. OM will win the series against Auburn.

I haven't forgot. We are playing well. Florida playing well too... 16-3 in last 19 games. Every weekend starter they have is a projected 1st rounder. They just got India back and JJ Schwarz is hitting now

basedog
05-13-2017, 02:13 PM
I haven't forgot. We are playing well. Florida playing well too... 16-3 in last 19 games. Every weekend starter they have is a projected 1st rounder. They just got India back and JJ Schwarz is hitting now

Kentucky's hitting versus Florida pitching. Interesting.

Lsu two starters versus Msu Rooker and Cann. Interesting.

msstate7
05-13-2017, 02:23 PM
Kentucky's hitting versus Florida pitching. Interesting.

Lsu two starters versus Msu Rooker and Cann. Interesting.

Biggest question to me is will Lsu pitch to rooker. Gridley is having an outstanding year, but I make him beat me before I pitch to rooker.

basedog
05-13-2017, 02:29 PM
Jake is the key for pitching to Rooker.

MarketingBully
05-13-2017, 02:36 PM
Jake is the key for pitching to Rooker.

If he hits like he did yesterday and he gets healthy along with Stovall, our lineup will be immensely better. We need McQ and Gordon to show up big today.

I seen it dawg
05-13-2017, 02:43 PM
LSU will read their press clipping and absorb all the pats on the back from this sweep. Over a team that is dogshit now. We will beat on Poche and Walker and Lange is a frontrunner and homer. They won't have the home crowd on their side and away from BR they are average. We win 2/3 and I won't be shocked if we sweep.

Saltydog
05-13-2017, 02:51 PM
peaking. They were 10-8 at one time. Yes, we will have the home field advantage but we've got to take care of bidness this weekend and NO WAY we sweep them. We've struggled with that program for a long time so just winning that series will be extremely tough with the way their guys are pitching it.

MetEdDawg
05-13-2017, 02:54 PM
Virginia loses to Miami in game 1 today. They play again tonight. Only knocked them down 1 spot to 10th.

Wake Forest currently up 4-3 on FSU in the 7th. They play two today as well. FSU is 27th in RPI so Wake Forest losses to them today may not be enough to knock them below us.

basedog
05-13-2017, 03:03 PM
LSU will read their press clipping and absorb all the pats on the back from this sweep. Over a team that is dogshit now. We will beat on Poche and Walker and Lange is a frontrunner and homer. They won't have the home crowd on their side and away from BR they are average. We win 2/3 and I won't be shocked if we sweep.

We shall see how Butch does as a HC, he has improved from last year, he went Juco heavy this year, after next year we shall know. I think he was a ok pitching Coach, I'll be honest and it's only my opinion, I'm really not sold on him being a successful Sec Head Coach. I like Henderson better as a pitching Coach also, but that is just me.

Auburn is not a baseball school, only success they really had was when Hal Baird was the Coach.

WSOPdawg
05-13-2017, 03:15 PM
Denver looking somewhat nasty that 1st inning. On to the 2nd scoreless.

msstate7
05-13-2017, 06:30 PM
Bama 3-1 t3

Could we be heading into next weekend with a 4-way tie for sec lead with those 4 teams playing each other? Wow

ScoobaDawg
05-13-2017, 06:32 PM
Bama 3-1 t3

Could we be heading into next weekend with a 4-way tie for sec lead with those 4 teams playing each other? Wow

About time SOMEONE helps us.
Far from a sure thing though.. UF is damn good

msstate7
05-13-2017, 07:06 PM
5-3 Florida t3

smootness
05-13-2017, 07:15 PM
Florida's not going to lose to Bama. Just like we shouldn't have lost to UGA.

Saltydog
05-13-2017, 07:34 PM
hustle, a little luck and 2-3 good players. That's the truth. Eventually talent seems to have a way of winning out and we're just not an overly talented club.

ScoobaDawg
05-13-2017, 08:26 PM
Bama fighting 6-5 UF after 6

msstate7
05-13-2017, 08:29 PM
Bama fighting 6-5 UF after 6
Trouble brewing though... Florida has 2nd and 3rd, 1 out

msstate7
05-13-2017, 08:42 PM
10-5 Florida

State82
05-13-2017, 09:03 PM
hustle, a little luck and 2-3 good players. That's the truth. Eventually talent seems to have a way of winning out and we're just not an overly talented club.

This pretty much sums it up. As much as people want to dispute that, it is what it is. Plain and simple.

Todd4State
05-13-2017, 09:17 PM
This pretty much sums it up. As much as people want to dispute that, it is what it is. Plain and simple.

I don't think anyone disputes that actually. That's why almost everyone has said that what we are doing has been amazing.

I'll say this though- if we have half of the Tommy John injuries we've had we win the SEC pretty easily. We're pitching position players and guys that should be mop up in midweek games for the most part.