PDA

View Full Version : Ethics commision meets tomorrow

Bodaski
05-11-2017, 05:53 PM
And Rosebowl is on the agenda concerning his request for OM's open records. I'm sure they'll deny his request, but the guy is relentless.

Liverpooldawg
05-11-2017, 05:56 PM
And Rosebowl is on the agenda concerning his request for OM's open records. I'm sure they'll deny his request, but the guy is relentless.

How many UM grads on the commission?

RC3
05-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Name City App'ted By Term Expires
Ben Stone, Chairman Gulfport Lt. Governor 11/14/17
Donnell Berry Jackson Governor 11/14/19
Derek R. Arrington Hattiesburg Lt. Governor 11/14/18
Sean A. Milner Clinton Speaker 11/14/17
Dana S. Stringer, Secretary Brandon Governor 11/14/16
Ronald E. Crowe Brandon Speaker 11/14/18
Paul V. Breazeale, Vice Chairman Jackson Chief Justice 11/14/16
Brenda T. Redfern Richland Chief Justice 11/14/19

Maroon Wizardry
05-11-2017, 06:05 PM
i met him briefly one time and gave him some tickets... seemed kind of odd dude. he is on a mission. I'm not sure where along the way it happened but those MF shitbirds pissed in his cheerios something serious. hope that stadium sinks into the ground permanently

msbulldog
05-11-2017, 06:12 PM

There is no request, when Mississippi is taken before the Ethics Committee it is because they have broken the open records law. A institution in Mississippi has so many days to respond to a freedom of information request. If they violate this law, they are fined between $50 to $75 per day. TSUN has no problem paying this fine to continue to keep the violations they have committed from their fan base, so they can continue to sell season tickets and raise money.

blacklistedbully
05-11-2017, 06:54 PM
From the "Penalties" section:

A nonelected public servant can also be censured by the Commission and fined up to $10,000.00. The Commission may also recommend to the Circuit Court for Hinds County that the nonelected public servant be removed from office, suspended, or subjected to a demotion or reduction in pay.

http://www.ethics.state.ms.us/ethics/ethics.nsf/webpage/A_ethics_complaints?OpenDocument

Does this not potentially put Vitter squarely in the crosshairs if pursued vigorously, and if Vitter, then Bjork & Freeze?

Reason2succeed
05-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Rosebowl be like
https://img.clipartfest.com/25055337149e737b52cd605c34362fa5_500x286-superman-animated-clipart_500-286.gif

BeardoMSU
05-11-2017, 11:18 PM
Rosebowl be like
https://img.clipartfest.com/25055337149e737b52cd605c34362fa5_500x286-superman-animated-clipart_500-286.gif

I think OM peeps see Rosie more like this, lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos

LC Dawg
05-11-2017, 11:20 PM
Rosebowl be like

Ethics is Ole Miss's kryptonite.

Leroy Jenkins
05-11-2017, 11:28 PM
$10K ?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/fart.gif

blacklistedbully
05-12-2017, 01:11 AM
$10K ?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/fart.gif

The Commission may also recommend to the Circuit Court for Hinds County that the nonelected public servant be removed from office, suspended, or subjected to a demotion or reduction in pay.

BB30
05-12-2017, 07:48 AM
i met him briefly one time and gave him some tickets... seemed kind of odd dude. he is on a mission. I'm not sure where along the way it happened but those MF shitbirds pissed in his cheerios something serious. hope that stadium sinks into the ground permanently

Well, when their fans keep attacking him about his past and calling him nothing but a junkie and that is putting it nicely compared to what some of them have tweeted I can understand. The dude has completely turned his life around. There are some things you can poke at but for former addicts that are clean and have managed to stay clean that is not something to joke about or harass someone over. It is actually a pretty amazing feat as the majority of addicts can't stay sober for long. I don't blame him for going after them.

MadDawg
05-12-2017, 08:33 AM
An institution completely void of ethics does not fear an "Ethics Commission".

Reason2succeed
05-12-2017, 09:39 AM

Is there some type of MS CSPAN that will broadcast this or could he record his remarks and play them on BSR? I'm sure it will be entertaining.

Political Hack
05-12-2017, 10:50 AM
I think I remember reading that it's $50 or $75 per page per day, or something like that. Depending on what was requested, that could actually add up. If it was just the NOA, it won't be much though.

If the ethics commission has any ethics, they'll force the issue and threaten to withhold state funding from a state institution that does not follow state laws.

One more thing, if State was violating the law, it would be front page news in the CL.

PassInterference
05-12-2017, 10:53 AM
OM has stiff armed several NOAs this year alone. They've made a practice of it I believe since Boone was there.

Jack Lambert
05-12-2017, 10:57 AM
An institution completely void of ethics does not fear an "Ethics Commission".

Exactly how can you fear something you don't know of.

TrapGame
05-12-2017, 11:04 AM
When the OM alum, lead attorney was told it was for ethic violations.

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

Chip
05-12-2017, 11:22 AM
The result is that UM's attorneys state that UM will release the redacted NOA amendment and their response the week of June 5

iPat09
05-12-2017, 12:04 PM
The result is that UM's attorneys state that UM will release the redacted NOA amendment and their response the week of June 5

So in other words, on June 9

Maroonandwhite
05-12-2017, 01:35 PM

What I understood was that the names will be un-redacted when they release the NOA(s) & amendment.

Dawgology
05-12-2017, 02:15 PM

Or their response? He was challenging the redaction of booster info as that is totaly illegal. If the ethics commission rules in UM's favor on this then a dangerous precedent has now been set in the state.

Chip
05-12-2017, 02:18 PM
You're correct. I just read the letter from the UM attorney and in paragraph 4 it says Ole Miss will release the NOA amendment without redacting names the week of June 5.

"...UM plans to publicly release the 2017 Amended NOA, along with UM's response to the 2017 Amended NOA, the week of June 5, 2017. When it does so, and consistent with UM's commitment to transparency, UM will not redact the names of third parties."

The letter goes on to say that they will release an Un-redacted copy of the 2016 NOA with the names listed therein.

Dawgology
05-12-2017, 02:34 PM
You're correct. I just read the letter from the UM attorney and in paragraph 4 it says Ole Miss will release the NOA amendment without redacting names the week of June 5.

"...UM plans to publicly release the 2017 Amended NOA, along with UM's response to the 2017 Amended NOA, the week of June 5, 2017. When it does so, and consistent with UM's commitment to transparency, UM will not redact the names of third parties."

The letter goes on to say that they will release an Un-redacted copy of the 2016 NOA with the names listed therein.

Cool

Chip
05-12-2017, 02:52 PM
Cool

I'd have to say, yeah...

PassInterference
05-12-2017, 03:16 PM

Where are you reading OM's letter?

Chip
05-12-2017, 03:24 PM
Where are you reading OM's letter?

I had a friend text it to me.

I'd attach it here, but I don't know how.

Chip
05-12-2017, 03:45 PM
I figured it out. There's a page 2, but it's just a "call me with any questions" statement, and signature from the lawyer. The meat is here:

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h458/chip_reno/image1.jpeg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/chip_reno/media/image1.jpeg.html)

Reason2succeed
05-12-2017, 04:12 PM
I figured it out. There's a page 2, but it's just a "call me with any questions" statement, and signature from the lawyer. The meat is here:

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h458/chip_reno/image1.jpeg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/chip_reno/media/image1.jpeg.html)

What I gather from reading the first few lines of this is that the BS flows straight from the top of the fountain at that pathetic excuse for an institution of higher learning. It sounds just like the spin of Yancy and their delusional fans. They claim they "plan" to release the names when everyone knows they wouldn't have released crap if SR hadn't forced them.

P.S. Is Steve Robertson working his way toward a statue on campus?!?*** He's quickly becoming a living legend in the EggBowl rivalry.

starkvegasdawg
05-12-2017, 04:16 PM
Commitment to transparency...my big old ass.

PassInterference
05-12-2017, 04:22 PM
So transparent that their excuse for redacting in 2017 contradicts what they did in 2016. In 2016, their NOA response left names redacted. So it's false that it's their policy to not redact names in NOA responses that they release.

confucius say
05-12-2017, 04:22 PM
So if I'm understanding correctly, they are agreeing to release both the amended NOA and it's response as well as their initial response with the names unredacted? If so, Rosebowl for the win.

confucius say
05-12-2017, 04:23 PM
So transparent that their excuse for redacting in 2017 contradicts what they did in 2016. In 2016, their NOA response left names redacted. So it's false that it's their policy to not redact names in NOA responses that they release.

Confucius say: you are very wise grasshopper. Very wise.

Spiderman
05-12-2017, 04:27 PM

Yep, another straight up public lie by the Culture of Corruption .

Need a countdown clock until June 9th at 11:59 pm because that's when the will probably release it

Maroonandwhite
05-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Confucius, that's what I got from the letter too. I guess we will have to wait and see if they actually follow through. Looks to me like the ethics commission is a joke. They could've forced OM's hand today. If the investigation is over and they have a response prepared, why not go ahead and release the info.? It's chicken crap to wait until after the SEC spring meetings to turn it loose. At least the Esquire Jolly is on record stating that the names will be published publicly the week of June 5th. The media (if any really care) can hold on to that record and hopefully apply more pressure to OM for transparency as the COI bell tolls.

Mimi's Babies
05-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Well, when their fans keep attacking him about his past and calling him nothing but a junkie and that is putting it nicely compared to what some of them have tweeted I can understand. The dude has completely turned his life around. There are some things you can poke at but for former addicts that are clean and have managed to stay clean that is not something to joke about or harass someone over. It is actually a pretty amazing feat as the majority of addicts can't stay sober for long. I don't blame him for going after them.

You are correct... This man is an UPSTANDING man who knows the FATHER...

People need to realize that they had better be CAREFUL of whom they point fingers.. Until you know the WHOLE STORY, which is coming in his book.... KEEP your mouth SHUT...

This man is someone's child, Husband, father, friend, or brother.

For people who party like there is no other in certain places... SHUT UP....

Chip
05-12-2017, 04:53 PM
My guess is that if UM doesn't produce the documents as written in today's letter requesting relief from the Commission's direct action, then Steve will have to request that the Commission compel the documents as described in this letter. I would think that the Commission would indeed act upon such a request.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Rosebowl is up 30, with the ball and taking a knee on Ole Miss 3 yard line with 2 minutes left....

Mimi's Babies
05-12-2017, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the INFO Chip... I appreciate this greatly....

Chip
05-12-2017, 05:14 PM
No problem

CadaverDawg
05-12-2017, 07:01 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1oxuo9.jpg

CadaverDawg
05-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Sorry, I was sent that and couldn't NOT share. Hilarious

starkvegasdawg
05-12-2017, 07:09 PM
The esquire at the end is the perfect touch.

shannondawg
05-12-2017, 07:11 PM
My ole missy buddy says its gonna be all about the Leo Story. Its their defense day, not ncca's day according to him. I told him if their defense is everybody else does it, why do they need 15 high prices lawyers, him and his dump truck driver could handle it.

Mimi's Babies
05-12-2017, 07:23 PM
My ole missy buddy says its gonna be all about the Leo Story. Its their defense day, not ncca's day according to him. I told him if their defense is everybody else does it, why do they need 15 high prices lawyers, him and his dump truck driver could handle it.

Oh my goodness..... You should have asked about the "RINGS".... AND so Sir, it is NOT about the LL story.... I promise that one... Hope he has a good pair of waders he is going to need them. #PRAISEtheLORD and GO DAWGS, #HAILSTATE

JDog13
05-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Like how ole miss is all about protecting their boosters in the name of confidentiality during the investigation.....

But they didn't mind throwing Leo and Kobe to the wolves.

Mimi's Babies
05-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Like how ole miss is all about protecting their boosters in the name of confidentiality during the investigation.....

But they didn't mind throwing Leo and Kobe to the wolves.

Their day is coming and quickly..... We know of 2017 recruiting class violations and NOW 2018 recruiting class violations.... and possibly 2019 recruiting violations.....
Will these IDIOTS and their so called boosters EVER learn what DO NOT PAY A PLAYER MEANS???????

Hell NO......

Dawgology
05-12-2017, 09:18 PM
Based on this letter it appears that boosters listed in the 2016 notice were also involved in the 2017 notice. If you read between the lines they are still embroiled in an investigation and now that they have been shown the additional 2017 amended NOA they can reveal their names. This would seem to indicate some boosters are getting hit a second time for infractions occurring after the first NOA.

Also note it says they will release "a version" of the NOA. They just can't stop themselves. Total idiots.

Liverpooldawg
05-12-2017, 09:26 PM
If it's the same ones....................This is gonna be GREAT!

WSOPdawg
05-12-2017, 09:52 PM
Commitment to transparency...my big old ass.

"NCAA rules require UM remain confidentiality during an investigation into any alleged rules violations." Is this a published and 'true' statement?

"Out of fairness to those individuals, and to preserve the integrity of the NCAA?s process, UM?s response explained..." preserve integrity, really???

"UM needs the ability to preserve the free flow of information needed to to promote compliance and safeguard institutional integrity." And I just threw up in my mouth!!!

Reason2succeed
05-12-2017, 10:05 PM
"NCAA rules require UM remain confidentiality during an investigation into any alleged rules violations." Is this a published and 'true' statement?

"Out of fairness to those individuals, and to preserve the integrity of the NCAA?s process, UM?s response explained..." preserve integrity, really???

"UM needs the ability to preserve the free flow of information needed to to promote compliance and safeguard institutional integrity." And I just threw up in my mouth!!!

21 level 1 violations there is absolutely no "institutional integrity" to safeguard. Those dudes need a real mental health evaluation.

Liverpooldawg
05-12-2017, 10:08 PM
21 level 1 violations there is absolutely no "institutional integrity" to safeguard. Those dudes need a real mental health evaluation.

It's NOT 21. That's just the number of CATAGORIES of violations. I saw breakdown where it was actually something like NINETY individual violations, and that was BEFORE the second/amended NOA.

yjnkdawg
05-13-2017, 09:19 AM

Does your OM buddy know that OM is challenging very few of these allegations?

confucius say
05-13-2017, 09:30 AM
Rosebowl is up 30, with the ball and taking a knee on Ole Miss 3 yard line with 2 minutes left....

So the 2011 Egg Bowl.

yjnkdawg
05-13-2017, 09:34 AM
"NCAA rules require UM remain confidentiality during an investigation into any alleged rules violations."

This may be true "if" there was still an "ongoing " NCAA investigation of OM. However, if the investigation has been concluded, then this is BS. They know what the allegations are. Also if it was so confidential, then why did the NCAA release info to other parties, who are involved in the allegations?

WSOPdawg
05-13-2017, 01:17 PM
This may be true "if" there was still an "ongoing " NCAA investigation of OM. However, if the investigation has been concluded, then this is BS. They know what the allegations are. Also if it was so confidential, then why did the NCAA release info to other parties, who are involved in the allegations?

That's kind of what I was thinking. The TCUN attorney's letter to the ethics committee was more "spin" on why the NOA could not be release when we all know they could have (in my best Teddy KGB voice) "released it whenever the 17 I want."

BTW, I've got a beach trip lined up from Saturday, June 3rd, thru the next week and it looks like I'm gonna have great reading material while on the gulf coast. =D

Reason2succeed
05-13-2017, 01:50 PM
State fans are waiting for the release of the unredacted NOA like

http://rs11.pbsrc.com/albums/a159/Kyronae/GIFS/Plotting.gif~c200

Chip
05-13-2017, 02:07 PM
The NCAA COI hearing will be at least 60 days from the time OM turn in their answers to the amended NOA, which is supposed to be the week of June 5.

I've read that the NCAA COI hearings are also scheduled every other month. I've also read where the COI met in April 2017 with the Louisville case hearing. So they'll meet again in June and again in August and October.

If all the assumptions above hold true, I would assume that Ole Miss' hearing in front of the COI will be scheduled for August. The NCAA COI issues its penalty structure ruling 6 to 8 weeks after the hearing. So Ole Miss won't get a penalty structure, until September to October time frame, it appears.

PassInterference
05-13-2017, 04:26 PM
OM will find a way to delay & obstruct to get in that early signing period before the shit really stinks.

gravedigger
05-13-2017, 04:46 PM
OM will find a way to delay & obstruct to get in that early signing period before the shit really stinks.

Except for now, extensions directly contradict what they are telling their fanbase.

Mimi's Babies
05-14-2017, 08:52 AM
One MUST remember that NCAA has no LEGAL say in anything..... State of MS ORDERED tsun to turn over information request to Rosebowl... That is where we stand....

As someone said... Certain Boosters are not worried about ANYTHING much less the $10,000.00 fine.. The IDIOTS have the money.....

REMEMBER: According to Om they have done NOTHING wrong.... haha

RocketDawg
05-14-2017, 09:58 AM
One MUST remember that NCAA has no LEGAL say in anything..... State of MS ORDERED tsun to turn over information request to Rosebowl... That is where we stand....

As someone said... Certain Boosters are not worried about ANYTHING much less the $10,000.00 fine.. The IDIOTS have the money.....

REMEMBER: According to Om they have done NOTHING wrong.... haha

When did the ethics commission rule? I just read through this thread and saw no other mention about them having ruled already.

Chip
05-14-2017, 10:37 AM
Actually, the Mississippi Ethics Commission chose not to take action on Steve's FOIA complaint. Because of the letter from the UM attorney, it's my understanding that on Friday the Commission moved to "table the matter subject to call".

So, because UM has issued the letter to the Commission outlining what they plan to do through their attorney, Steve (and everyone else) is hopeful that UM fulfills what they've outlined the week of June 5.

I would imagine if they fail to do so, Steve can appeal to the Commission once again for relief. But that would be further delay.

I'm told that the Commission was prepared to act to make UM produce the documents un-redacted on Friday, however.

RocketDawg
05-14-2017, 10:50 AM
Thanks, Chip.

Chip
05-14-2017, 10:56 AM
No prob, Rocket.

Mimi's Babies
05-14-2017, 11:39 AM
When did the ethics commission rule? I just read through this thread and saw no other mention about them having ruled already.

I miss read the letter.... Still the NCAA cannot force OM to produce -- AND the MS Ethics Commission tabled the crap... Lets see just how this works out.... How often does the ethics commission meet? Maybe a letter writing campaign requesting information as to WHY the commission did not rule to force OM to produce....

Could this be conflict of interest on the commissions part, (most were appointed by OM grads).... Just saying....

Also you can note from this Week of June 5, 2017..... They received the NOA on or about February 5, and not when Bjork said.... Thus another LIE..... Will the LYING ever STOP?

PassInterference
05-14-2017, 11:43 AM
There's no article. You read OM's letter to Ethics.

Chip
05-14-2017, 11:48 AM
I think the Commission meets once a month.