PDA

View Full Version : Thought this was interesting

biscuit
05-11-2017, 12:21 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-gene-chizik-mike-bianchi-0506-story.html

msbulldog
05-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Great article, thanks for posting.

TStationDawg
05-11-2017, 12:33 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-gene-chizik-mike-bianchi-0506-story.html

Don't buy it one bit. He got exposed after Cam left, got told to leave and paid to keep his mouth shut, now he CAN AFFORD to go home and be a "family man". "I made my millions so now I can go home and walk the walk." come on man! I expect similar from Hugh Freeze after he gets sent away. "I made the decision to walk away and focus on what's truly important, love, blah, blah, blah, family, blah, blah, blah, monitoring my retirement portfolio, blah, blah blah...."

ScreenCaptureThis
05-11-2017, 02:37 PM
Don't buy it one bit. He got exposed after Cam left, got told to leave and paid to keep his mouth shut, now he CAN AFFORD to go home and be a "family man". "I made my millions so now I can go home and walk the walk." come on man! I expect similar from Hugh Freeze after he gets sent away. "I made the decision to walk away and focus on what's truly important, love, blah, blah, blah, family, blah, blah, blah, monitoring my retirement portfolio, blah, blah blah...."

I get that sentiment, but I don't see it. He was pretty successful with North Carolina's defense, and really didn't have any job security issues. There was really no football-related reason to leave UNC, and he was raking in $750K/yr as an assistant.

LC Dawg
05-11-2017, 02:57 PM
Good for Chizik. All he had to do was **** over the entire Mississippi State fanbase, win a championship, make plenty of millions, and now he can spend time with his family. Good for him.
On a similar note I heard that Saban considered this years ago and his family told him they'd rather he keep coaching than spend time at home because he's a dick.

Johnson85
05-11-2017, 04:11 PM
I get that sentiment, but I don't see it. He was pretty successful with North Carolina's defense, and really didn't have any job security issues. There was really no football-related reason to leave UNC, and he was raking in $750K/yr as an assistant.

There was no football related reason to leave, but he's quitting after his daughters are in college. It just looks like retirement to me. He got paid a ton to look the other way at Auburn and then got to come back and prove he is a good coordinator to take some of the sting off of how things ended at Auburn. I mean good for him, but it's not like he gave much of his career up. He wasn't likely getting another power 5 job after his performance at Iowa and Auburn, so it was just keep being a well paid coordinator or try for a head coaching job at a non-power 5 school, or actually enjoy the good life.

Good for him for having perspective and enjoying his money, but it isn't really evidence of him being a family man.

Jack Lambert
05-11-2017, 04:13 PM
Good for Chizik. All he had to do was **** over the entire Mississippi State fanbase, win a championship, make plenty of millions, and now he can spend time with his family. Good for him.
On a similar note I heard that Saban considered this years ago and his family told him they'd rather he keep coaching than spend time at home because he's a dick.

That's as hell of a note.

starkvegasdawg
05-11-2017, 05:31 PM
That's as hell of a note.

Won't let that girl buy that $750 dress she'll wear two maybe three times.

AFDawg
05-11-2017, 05:47 PM
You lost me at "Mike Bianchi."

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-11-2017, 05:48 PM

I found it interesting as well. And when I say interesting, I mean bullshiit.

msbulldog
05-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Won't let that girl buy that $750 dress she'll wear two maybe three times.

And it will be out of style in what? 2 or 3 weeks?

Reason2succeed
05-11-2017, 11:11 PM

Hilarious! Rep given!

Skydawg1
05-11-2017, 11:31 PM
And it will be out of style in what? 2 or 3 weeks?Saban's haircut has been of style for what, 20-30 years?

Todd4State
05-12-2017, 12:16 AM
Saban's haircut has been of style for what, 20-30 years?

The white guys on Alabama's football team have had the same haircuts for 20-30 years too.

Reason2succeed
05-12-2017, 06:51 AM
While I appreciate the what Gene is saying the only reason why he is able to say and do that is because he has a NC in his back pocket and has already made millions. The truth is that he needs to lay low and let the sCam Newton scandal die down and then he might (might) have a chance at a power 5 school.

If he was still up and coming there is no way that he would be "walking the walk". Also, I seriously doubt he will be preaching this to his staff at his next coaching job because if he does it will go even worse than it did at Iowa State. Dude was the beneficiary of a ton of talent left at auburn and a ton of talent that was bought at auburn.

BB30
05-12-2017, 07:57 AM
And it will be out of style in what? 2 or 3 weeks?

Yea, your probably right....