PDA

View Full Version : So what would we like to happen this weekend..

preachermatt83
05-11-2017, 12:05 PM
In baseball ideally ?

Auburn to take 2 of 3 from LSU? What else?

SaintDawg
05-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Sweep GA

preachermatt83
05-11-2017, 12:09 PM
And I'm sure we want Bama to win as many as possible against uf... and vandy against Arkansas... what else?

preachermatt83
05-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Tenn win as many as poss against Kentucky

Todd4State
05-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Ole Miss to lose.

Activated Alpha
05-11-2017, 12:21 PM
Rooker to hit 30 bombs

biscuit
05-11-2017, 12:23 PM
Beat UGA's butt

preachermatt83
05-11-2017, 12:26 PM
Ole Miss to lose.
Lol, that's a given.

TStationDawg
05-11-2017, 01:08 PM
hmmm. good guys win- bad guys lose. bad guys we don't play, that can cost good guys championships or are named ole miss, lose. end of story.

TStationDawg
05-11-2017, 01:10 PM
oh. and look for Coach O to be State pitching coach next season. #justsayin' #allinfun

smootness
05-11-2017, 01:35 PM
Ideally?

We sweep UGA
Bama sweeps UF
UT sweeps UK
Vandy sweeps Arkansas
Ole Miss sweeps A&M
Neither Auburn nor LSU sweeps

If all those happen, we will just need to win 1 against LSU and we win the conference.

But yes, we are rooting for Bama and Tennessee most, then Ole Miss and Vandy after that. We would rather have Auburn win 2 of 3 than LSU win 2 of 3, but they end up about the same, mostly just don't want a sweep either way. SC/Mizzou doesn't matter at all.

blacklistedbully
05-11-2017, 01:43 PM
In baseball ideally ?

Auburn to take 2 of 3 from LSU? What else?

A lot of this stuff depends on what happens with other teams as well as our own. While AU taking 2 of 3 makes it less likely LSU could catch us, even if they win 2 of 3 vs us...there is the danger of ending in a tie with AU, in which case they win the tie-breaker due to head-to-head.

If Auburn wins 2 of 3 vs LSU, then sweeps UNM, we would have to go 4-2 to win the West. So, if we won 2 of 3 from UGA, then lost 2 of 3 from LSU, AU would own the tiebreaker.

smootness
05-11-2017, 01:49 PM
A lot of this stuff depends on what happens with other teams as well as our own. While AU taking 2 of 3 makes it less likely LSU could catch us, even if they win 2 of 3 vs us...there is the danger of ending in a tie with AU, in which case they win the tie-breaker due to head-to-head.

This is why either way, we want one of the two to win 2, with neither winning 3. If LSU wins 2, then LSU is at 17 wins and Auburn at 15. That removes Auburn from the equation and means we just have to win 1 against LSU...assuming we sweep UGA. If Auburn wins 2, then LSU and Auburn are both at 16 wins, which would still mean we just have to win 1 against LSU...assuming we sweep UGA.

If LSU sweeps, though, the best we can be is 1 game ahead of them and would have to win 2 to stay ahead of them. If Auburn sweeps, they are at most 2 games behind us, and again, we would have to win 2 against LSU to ensure we stayed out of a tie.

If we only take 2 of 3 against UGA, though, then it is better to have Auburn take 2 of 3 to stay 2 games ahead of both. And if we only take 1 of 3 against UGA, then who really cares, we're not winning the SEC.

bulldogcountry1
05-11-2017, 01:51 PM
Oregon to sweep Oregon State
Indiana State to Sweep Mizz State

BeardoMSU
05-11-2017, 02:13 PM
I just hope to be like this on Sunday....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eGrVNNMceE

blacklistedbully
05-11-2017, 02:51 PM
I'm gonna hope for a sweep of UGA, but not expect it. Hard to sweep an SEC team, especially at their ballpark. UGA seems to be playing better lately, and our pitching depth is still a major question. I also wonder if UGA will try to schedule their pitching to match their best vs our weakest in an effort to keep from being swept.

So, I'm gonna consider the most likely scenario us winning 2 of 3 at UGA, leaving us at 18-9 going into the LSU series. If I had to bet, I'd guess LSU takes at least 2 of 3 from AU, putting them at 17-10 or 18-9 going into our series. As Smoot has pointed out, either would require us to win the LSU series, as losing the series would at least lose us the tiebreaker with LSU.

I feel the best we can hope for with AU v UNM is for UNM to take 1 of 3, so if AU takes 2 from LSU, that would put them at 18-12, meaning we'd have to finish at least 19-11. That would bring LSU into our series at 16-11, them needing to sweep us to beat out AU, and us needing to win at least 1 vs LSU.

Of course, none of this contends with UF or UK. If we tie with UK, we absolutely win the tie-breaker. If we tie with UF, it will depend on how UF got there, and the order of finish between LSU, Auburn & UK (and how we do vs LSU). For instance, if UK is the tiebreaker, and UF sweeps them, UF wins. If UK wins the UF series, we win. If UF wins 2 vs UK, and AU finishes ahead of LSU, we win. But if LSU finishes ahead of AU, and we lose 2 or more to LSU, UF wins.

If we sweep UGa and come into the LSU series 19-8, and LSU at 17-10, LSU would have to sweep us. But if LSU sweeps AU to come in at 18-9, we'd again have to win the LSU series...again as Smoot has already pointed out.

But UNM can throw a monkey wrench into this that could help us if they beat AU

blacklistedbully
05-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Today I am pulling for:
AU over LSU
Oregon over Oregon State

Tomorrow I am pulling for:
Bama over UF
UT over UK
Vandy over UPig
Oregon over Oregon State
VT over NC
OU over TCU
Miami over Va

Would be smart to pull for UNM over TAMU, but I just can't at this point. Besides, if we take care of our own business we shouldn't need TAMU to lose to UNM.

Will pull for Oregon in every remaining game, Bama in every game vs UF, anybody that plays Wake Forest, Stanford, TCU, NC, Oregon State & VA the rest of the year.

Other stuff I'll figure out as each day's results come in.

BigEasyDawg
05-11-2017, 03:57 PM
i just pray that it does not come down to UNM beating AU in the last game to give us the championship. Please no.

I seen it dawg
05-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Florida lose one.
We sweep.
Shitbirds get beaten like a prison queen for 3 games.