PDA

View Full Version : Softball- State vs OM SEC TOURNEY EDITION!!

preachermatt83
05-10-2017, 12:14 PM
Here's to hoping we put a hurtin on the lady confederates

bgover4
05-10-2017, 12:32 PM
Game time is 1:30 btw

bgover4
05-10-2017, 01:49 PM
0-1 OM after the first

Maroon Blood
05-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Golden for Lady Dogs homers to tie it at 1 in t2. Moving to b2.

bgover4
05-10-2017, 02:20 PM
1-2 OM heading into the third.

bgover4
05-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Still 1-2 going into the 5th

blacklistedbully
05-10-2017, 03:26 PM
#4 for UNM took a deliberate route to the inside to hit our 1B. You could see her move to the inside of the line her last couple of steps as she saw our 1B was expecting a throw from Silkwood.

ScoobaDawg
05-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Such bad softball... Hopefully this is the last game we will watch with her as coach.
2-1 final. Season over

Homedawg
05-10-2017, 03:42 PM
Such bad softball... Hopefully this is the last game we will watch with her as coach.
2-1 final. Season over

We have no shot at a regional w the record we have? Sec softball is stacked

curmudgeon
05-10-2017, 04:13 PM
They are going to be a 2 seed in a regional. All 13 SEC teams will make a regional.

gravedigger
05-10-2017, 04:36 PM
2-1 final. Season over

Not as bad as how uninformed our message board fanbase proves to be.

mparkerfd20
05-10-2017, 04:57 PM

Yeah what an idiot. I thought we had a pretty decent year this year after all. We beat some good teams.

Cooterpoot
05-10-2017, 07:28 PM
Vann sucks. But we're going to be in a regional and she has a good class coming in. She's not going anywhere, even though Mike Smith owns her.

ScoobaDawg
05-10-2017, 07:48 PM

eat shit. Brain fart. I forgot you can make the tournament with a sub 500 conference record.
If you are happy that we continue to finish in the bottom half of the conference then fine. But we should do better.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-11-2017, 06:26 AM
We just don't hit very well... next to last in SEC in HR's and 11th in avg...Mike Smith at Mississippi is a very good coach and is building a good program... SEC softball is the toughest conference in the NCAA.

mparkerfd20
05-11-2017, 09:13 AM
6 teams out of 14 finished below .500 in SEC and 2 more of those finished at .500. And even mighty Alabama, the 5th place team mind you, finished only 1 game above .500. 80%-90% of all of the teams in the country would finish at .500 or below in the SEC in softball.

ScottH
05-11-2017, 09:20 AM
Admittedly I know zero about softball.

However, I was told a few weeks ago that the incoming recruiting class was rated in the Top 5.

Has anyone else heard such?

BulldogBear
05-11-2017, 09:48 AM

I have to apologize in a way for not keeping up with it on here thus season. I normally have done most of the games and a few updates.

But I've done a lot of that from work in the past, even staying over sometimes. The problem is that the whole phishing BS still has it where I can't access ED from a work or library computer. And I'm just not a person that will qo through the hassle ( and with tiny screens and autowrong and typos and inability to post pics it is a hassle) of trying to long entries on my phone. This one is about it. That led to some mild apathy after the way we started.

So, what is the timeline on getting that straightened out. Or since there is now a "history" of "questionable" behavior that means ED is just "done" on certain computers?

So, owners is this an example of why those kind of accusations are not to be made lightly (talking to you too Bear lurkers)? It's harder to access therefore less ads aeen, therefore financial and reputation lost.

Cooterpoot
05-11-2017, 09:50 AM
6 teams out of 14 finished below .500 in SEC and 2 more of those finished at .500. And even mighty Alabama, the 5th place team mind you, finished only 1 game above .500. 80%-90% of all of the teams in the country would finish at .500 or below in the SEC in softball.

Alabama is a bad softball team this year. They've just about pitched Osorio to death (150 pitches per game). They can't hit at all. Hell, they don't even employ a hitting coach. Their fans are raising hell too. Murphy will be on the hot seat next year if he doesn't hire a good hitting coach and pull better talent. Plus, there are a lot of internal issues at AL. One coach is creating drama within the team and Murphy is defending her. Big mess over there.

Cooterpoot
05-11-2017, 09:52 AM
Admittedly I know zero about softball.

However, I was told a few weeks ago that the incoming recruiting class was rated in the Top 5.

Has anyone else heard such?

It's highly rated. Probably a little too high though. They signed just about half the 99 Thunderbolts and they're a good bunch. Plus the big kid from- I believe- NC that's a pretty good ball player too. One of the better players in that class has been battling cancer. Hopefully she recovers because she's a player.

smootness
05-11-2017, 10:47 AM
eat shit. Brain fart. I forgot you can make the tournament with a sub 500 conference record.
If you are happy that we continue to finish in the bottom half of the conference then fine. But we should do better.

We are the first team out of the top 25 right now. South Carolina and Georgia are currently ranked 24th and 25th and they're both below us in conference. Heck, UGA is dead last at 6-18. That's how loaded the SEC is. Every single team in the conference is in the top 31. So am I 'happy' that we're in the bottom half of the conference? No. Am I ok with it? Sure.

smootness
05-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Alabama is a bad softball team this year.

Then there are only about 10 non-bad softball teams in the country.

Cooterpoot
05-11-2017, 11:03 AM
Then there are only about 10 non-bad softball teams in the country.

Bama bump. They're no where close to as good as last year or previous years. And currently they're ranked 16th.
They'll go out early in the regionals unless they get another Bama bump.
Florida, TN, AU, and A&M are good teams. The rest are pretty mediocre for the SEC. Which makes us look even worse.

smootness
05-11-2017, 11:05 AM
Bama bump. They're no where close to as good as last year or previous years. And currently they're ranked 16th.
They'll go out early in the regionals unless they get another Bama bump.
Florida, TN, AU, and A&M are good teams. The rest are pretty mediocre for the SEC. Which makes us look even worse.

Then again, there just aren't many good teams, period. Which may be the case, I don't know. But it seems weird to be upset that we're not one of the top 10 teams in the country.

Cooterpoot
05-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Then again, there just aren't many good teams, period. Which may be the case, I don't know. But it seems weird to be upset that we're not one of the top 10 teams in the country.

Lots of politics in the softball rankings. There are better teams than the mediocre SEC teams this year. Our RPI is the 2nd lowest in the SEC. We didn't have to play FL or TN. Our OOC schedule was bad. UM beat us both games. We're pretty much riding the SEC coat tail to a regional. If everyone is happy with simply making a regional, then fine. But we just dropped a lot of money into the program and we should have higher expectations.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-11-2017, 02:36 PM
D J Sanders - SS on 14th Ranked Louisiana Lafayette via New Hope Mississippi, Batting Avg .401 28 HR's (She has more Homeruns than MSU) wasn't even recruited by Vann.. Vann relies almost exclusively on a few Travel Ball Teams to supply her players, if you are not on one of those teams, you are not going to get a look...

preachermatt83
05-11-2017, 02:48 PM
D J Sanders - SS on 14th Ranked Louisiana Lafayette via New Hope Mississippi, Batting Avg .401 28 HR's (She has more Homeruns than MSU) wasn't even recruited by Vann.. Vann relies almost exclusively on a few Travel Ball Teams to supply her players, if you are not on one of those teams, you are not going to get a look...

BHam Thunderbolts. Vans recruitment of Haley Lundermann was the biggest joke I've ever seen.