PDA

View Full Version : I think we gonna see Dakota start tonight

Coach34
09-14-2013, 12:26 PM
besides the growing rumors that he is indeed starting- it just makes more sense.

Start Dakota- run the true Spread Option- and see where that gets us. Going good- stay with it. If not- bring in Tyler.

It's much easier to bring Tyler in to start slingin it than to bring Dak in when we are behind to play catch-up

MarketingBully01
09-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Agreed.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 12:31 PM
besides the growing rumors that he is indeed starting- it just makes more sense.

Start Dakota- run the true Spread Option- and see where that gets us. Going good- stay with it. If not- bring in Tyler.

It's much easier to bring Tyler in to start slingin it than to bring Dak in when we are behind to play catch-up

Very true.

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2013, 12:32 PM

Bingo.

msstate7
09-14-2013, 12:33 PM
If dak wins as starter tonight, will TR get another shot to start?

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 12:35 PM

Shouldn't unless things go bad. We could always use TR in games where we have to come from behind.

Dawgface
09-14-2013, 12:37 PM

It wouldn't seem likely, but you never know. But I can see Tyler playing some even if Dak does have a good game and wins the starting job.

messageboardsuperhero
09-14-2013, 12:38 PM

I totally agree. If it's not working with Dak and we fall behind, it will be easier catching up with Tyler throwing.

Ghost of Hank Flick
09-14-2013, 12:48 PM
I have heard from several people saying Dak will start tonight.

This is good news because A. he may give us a better chance to win and B. Auburn fans think not having Tyler puts us at a disadvantage so if we can win it will make us look like we are wayyyyy ahead of them as a program right now to win on the road, with a "backup QB".

BeastMan
09-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Im with it

codeDawg
09-14-2013, 01:18 PM
The way Dan has been playing it, we'll probably start Dak trying to sling it, and let TR take over to run the option.

drunkernhelldawg
09-14-2013, 01:25 PM
If I were a star high school quarterback watching this drama I would not be signing with MSU.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 01:27 PM
If I were a star high school quarterback watching this drama I would not be signing with MSU.

Not really "drama". TR had a concussion and was just cleared yesterday.

msstate7
09-14-2013, 01:27 PM

If you were a hs qb, you'd rather go to a school that makes you wait till all the qbs ahead of you graduated?

drunkernhelldawg
09-14-2013, 01:32 PM
I'm talking about a record-setting senior qb being yanked after one poor performance to start his last season. It's Madkin and the disaster (Fant) all over again.

Coach34
09-14-2013, 01:34 PM

What drama? Russell had a conclusion (old Coffeeville player reference) and is not being rushed back into the line-up. Being handled extremely well

Coach34
09-14-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm talking about a record-setting senior qb being yanked after one poor performance to start his last season. It's Madkin and the disaster (Fant) all over again.

A) Russell was injured
B) Madkin-Fant doesn't help your argument. Fant was clearly better

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 01:36 PM

Come on, Man. Seriously? Those record setting numbers led us to a collapse last season after we got through the cupcakes.

Coach34
09-14-2013, 01:37 PM
And "record-setting" is a little overblown. His "record-setting" performance led us to the 80th best offense in the nation last year. You realize that is shitty right?

archdog
09-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Make that 5 performances out of the last 6.

drunkernhelldawg
09-14-2013, 01:39 PM
A) Russell was injured
B) Madkin-Fant doesn't help your argument. Fant was clearly better

You are the best football poster on any board I read, but I can't understand why you continue to praise Fant. What exactly did he do to help MSU? All I remember is a bunch of perfect spirals going straight to lb's and db's and a total lack of control of the football team with him under center. And there was one good game I vaguely remember.

drunkernhelldawg
09-14-2013, 01:46 PM
I don't know whether Dak or TR is a better choice for us. But I stand by my statement: This isn't the kind of drama that will make MSU look a good place to play qb in college.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't know whether Dak or TR is a better choice for us. But I stand by my statement: This isn't the kind of drama that will make MSU look a good place to play qb in college.

Again, what drama? He just had a concussion. Why are you trying to make this a bigger deal than it is?

drunkernhelldawg
09-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Again, what drama? He just had a concussion. Why are you trying to make this a bigger deal than it is?

The discussion was on who would run our offense better. If TR is injured, of course Dak must start. I misunderstood.

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2013, 02:07 PM
And "record-setting" is a little overblown. His "record-setting" performance led us to the 80th best offense in the nation last year. You realize that is shitty right?

+1 Literally 60+ DI QBs had better numbers than Russell last year. Russell's "record setting" campaign says more about how shitty our offensive records are than how good Russell is.

Quaoarsking
09-14-2013, 02:29 PM

Starting an QB just because he's a senior instead of a sophomore who gives us a better chance to win is what would make us look worse to potential recruits

drunkernhelldawg
09-14-2013, 02:42 PM
See what happens. We saw what happened after 1999.

Coach34
09-14-2013, 02:49 PM
See what happens. We saw what happened after 1999.

Fant didnt take over for Madkin until we were about 1-4 in 2001- trying to distort what actually took place is not the way to go

Fant's numbers are equal or better than Madkin's for their careers- and Madkin started for a whole season more than Fant did. And Fant didnt have the luxury of a good OL and a dominant D when he played. He got the shit kicked out of him and still put up decent numbers

Shit, some of the wins Madkin is credited with are due to Matt Wyatt saving his ass- not to mention the damn defenses he had from 1998-2000. When the coach keeps taking you out of every 4th quarter- what does that say for you as a QB????

drunkernhelldawg
09-14-2013, 04:37 PM
You're really right on several counts, including the number of poor games. If Dak is the man, I hope he does great. Hell, I even see that it could work out well. I'm sensitive on this topic because I personally put the climax of JWS losing control of the team to his naming Fant starter, and there was a lot of fan pressure on him to do that at the time.

That era pretty much buried us. We've finally got our heads out of the ground. Ready to see us step on up. Starting tonight.