PDA

View Full Version : 2017 baseball to this point

MaroonFlounder
05-07-2017, 07:15 AM
Someone correct me if any of these are wrong.

Msu RPI now is #13
Strength of schedule #6
17 top 50 RPI wins...leads the country...#1
21 come-from-behind wins
Series win at A&M means MSU will remain a top 10 team nationally
#1 in SEC west. Will be at worst tied for overall lead.
Rooker leads the SEC in most all offensive categories
On track to host, but unlikely to be a national seed.

All of this with a 1st-year head coach

MarketingBully
05-07-2017, 07:22 AM
We win the SEC and we will be a national seed.

Schultzy
05-07-2017, 07:29 AM
1st year coach with position players as your #2 and #3 starting pitcher most SEC weekends.

MetEdDawg
05-07-2017, 07:38 AM
We win the SEC and we will be a national seed.

I would have to think this is correct. If we win the SEC it means we probably got to 21 conference wins, which means we win both our series and sweep one of them. Would give us a top 10 RPI for sure

MaroonFlounder
05-07-2017, 08:18 AM
I definitely know that Cann will be fired up to win that last SEC series against you know who.

HSVDawg
05-07-2017, 09:34 AM
I think "unlikely to be a national seed" may be understating our chances. The SEC champ will be a national seed and we will be, at worst, tied for first place after today with 2 weekends left.

If we take care of business against UGA next weekend, our national seed chances will likely come down to whether or not we take the LSU series.

Todd4State
05-07-2017, 10:27 AM
I think "unlikely to be a national seed" may be understating our chances. The SEC champ will be a national seed and we will be, at worst, tied for first place after today with 2 weekends left.

If we take care of business against UGA next weekend, our national seed chances will likely come down to whether or not we take the LSU series.

Pretty much.

I seen it dawg
05-07-2017, 12:52 PM
Someone correct me if any of these are wrong.

Msu RPI now is #13
Strength of schedule #6
17 top 50 RPI wins...leads the country...#1
21 come-from-behind wins
Series win at A&M means MSU will remain a top 10 team nationally
#1 in SEC west. Will be at worst tied for overall lead.
Rooker leads the SEC in most all offensive categories
On track to host, but unlikely to be a national seed.

All of this with a 1st-year head coach

Who got here in October....none of the players his recruits.

Commercecomet24
05-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Who got here in October....none of the players his recruits.

And half a roster! I feel confident in saying that there's not another Coach in the country that could have his team in this position with all the injuries that Cann's had to deal with! Season for the ages!

msbulldog
05-07-2017, 01:37 PM
And half a roster! I feel confident in saying that there's not another Coach in the country that could have his team in this position with all the injuries that Cann's had to deal with! Season for the ages!

On point Commerce I agree!

bulldogcountry1
05-07-2017, 03:31 PM

This is something that doesn't said enough. Announcers will go on and on about another team last losing a weekend starter and maybe mention in passing that we have double digit injuries.

I bet there isn't another team in the country that has a winning record with 22 active players, and here we are trying to win the best conference in the country.

ScoobaDawg
05-08-2017, 12:36 AM
Thanks Auburn.. RPI down to 16 haha

Todd4State
05-08-2017, 01:26 AM

I'm pretty sure Joe Torre would have us in this position with all of our injuries. And I'm being serious.

Todd4State
05-08-2017, 01:27 AM
This is something that doesn't said enough. Announcers will go on and on about another team last losing a weekend starter and maybe mention in passing that we have double digit injuries.

I bet there isn't another team in the country that has a winning record with 22 active players, and here we are trying to win the best conference in the country.

Everytime an announcer talks about one of our opponents losing a key player I have to laugh. Aw, South Carolina you lost your ace? Try losing an entire rotation.

BrunswickDawg
05-08-2017, 08:12 AM
I'm pretty sure Joe Torre would have us in this position with all of our injuries. And I'm being serious.

Tito Francona might be able to pull that off too. Of course you are talking about a hall of fame manager (and arguably the best of the last 50 years) and a future HOF manager.

The thing about Cann is he is doing this without ever having run a team on his own before. I don't think there is anyone out there who you can actually compare that to. He has never set rotations, batting orders, made pitching change decisions, benched players, benched stars, gotten thrown out of a game, or yanked a pitcher as wholly his own decision prior to this year. It is mind boggling. He should be unanimous National COY, even if we lose out.

Jarius
05-08-2017, 08:32 AM
The fact that anyone besides Canni is being mentioned for SEC COY is mindboggling to me. It's almost like the rest of the conference has done no research on how much this team has lost. No one else even deserves consideration for the award considering what he has done with the injuries on this team. It really is unbelievable.