PDA

View Full Version : How does it finish?

CadaverDawg
05-06-2017, 11:24 PM
How do you see each team finishing in their remaining SEC games?

MSU:
@ UGA
Vs LSU

Florida:
Vs Ole Miss (1)
@ Bama
Vs Kentucky

Kentucky:
Vs UGA (1)
Vs Tennessee
@ Florida

Auburn:
Vs Bama (1)
@ LSU
Vs Ole Miss

LSU:
Vs South Carolina (1)
Vs Auburn
@ Mississippi State

Arkansas:
Vs Vanderbilt
@ A&M

A&M:
@ Ole Miss
Vs Arkansas

CadaverDawg
05-06-2017, 11:28 PM
How do you see each team finishing in their remaining SEC games?

MSU: 4-2
@ UGA
Vs LSU

Florida: 6-1
Vs Ole Miss (1)
@ Bama
Vs Kentucky

Kentucky: 4-3
Vs UGA (1)
Vs Tennessee
@ Florida

Auburn: 4-3
Vs Bama (1)
@ LSU
Vs Ole Miss

LSU: 4-3
Vs South Carolina (1)
Vs Auburn
@ Mississippi State

Arkansas: 3-3
Vs Vanderbilt
@ A&M

A&M: 3-3
@ Ole Miss
Vs Arkansas

^My picks^

Guess that would put us finishing 2nd overall and 1st in the West?

How do you guys see it shaping up?

drummerdawg
05-06-2017, 11:39 PM
^My picks^

That's pretty close to what I would pick but I don't think Florida goes 6-1. I think they'll probably go 5-2, maybe 4-3.

CadaverDawg
05-06-2017, 11:58 PM
That's pretty close to what I would pick but I don't think Florida goes 6-1. I think they'll probably go 5-2, maybe 4-3.

Hope you're right. Who you thinkin will knock em off?

drummerdawg
05-07-2017, 12:07 AM
Hope you're right. Who you thinkin will knock em off?

I have a feeling om will get one and I just don't think they sweep the rest. Maybe it's just me being hopeful, but I don't think many saw Bama taking 2 from Auburn with a chance to sweep tomorrow either. So I think it's possible they lose a couple in their last 7.

Bothrops
05-07-2017, 12:17 AM
So hard to say. We are capable of going 5-1. 4-2 would be great though. We could have a hiccup at Georgia.

mstatefan91
05-07-2017, 01:23 AM
Florida could sweep Bama. But they won't sweep Kentucky so I could see them going 5-2. Hope for 4-3

MetEdDawg
05-07-2017, 07:33 AM
^My picks^

Yours is close to mine. I actually think Arkansas goes 4-2 and TAMU going 2-4. And I've got Kentucky going 5-2.

Either way this will be a fun finish. You couldn't have set this up much better. UK UF will decide the East and us vs. LSU could decide the West. And from there, those two could decide who wins the conference. Gonna be a great ending to the conference season.

HSVDawg
05-07-2017, 09:42 AM
You could argue that we have the easiest path of all the contender teams left in the final 2 weekends. We get the 2nd worst team in the league and a good but not exceptional LSU team at home.

Florida and UK beating up on each other should help us a lot.

Arkansas and Auburn both have fairly solid opponents both weekends with no gimmes.

LSU's last two series are brutal.

CadaverDawg
05-07-2017, 10:09 AM
If we finish 5-1, we will have at worst a share of the overall SEC and we will be a National Seed imo.

So in other words, if we sweep UGA....shit gets real

CadaverDawg
05-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Unless we win the SEC or a share of it, I think they'll keep us away from a Nationsl Seed. Mainly bc everybody sees that we just seem to find ways to win while not being a dominant team like you'd expect from a National Seed. Not saying that's fair, but I think that's just the way it will be this year. People see UK UF, and even LSU as a "better team" just bc of starting pitching...or at least that's the feeling I get hearing analysts talk

msstate7
05-07-2017, 10:42 AM
You could argue that we have the easiest path of all the contender teams left in the final 2 weekends. We get the 2nd worst team in the league and a good but not exceptional LSU team at home.

Florida and UK beating up on each other should help us a lot.

Arkansas and Auburn both have fairly solid opponents both weekends with no gimmes.

LSU's last two series are brutal.

Kentucky and Florida sweeping next weekend is just as likely as us sweeping Georgia. One of those 2 will win the final series 2-1 most likely. We really need them to lose today.

IMissJack
05-07-2017, 10:53 AM
The LSU series could really be special, and should have a great crowd.

I seen it dawg
05-07-2017, 12:55 PM
I think we take 2/3 next 2 wkds.

CadaverDawg
05-07-2017, 01:00 PM
I think we take 2/3 next 2 wkds.

Same here

I seen it dawg
05-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Georgia is playing their ass off to get in the tourney. They suck but they are scrapping. And LSU just hard to sweep...but i know our head coach will be, let's just say extra, motivated to hammer their ass.

HSVDawg
05-07-2017, 09:56 PM
If we finish 5-1, we will have at worst a share of the overall SEC and we will be a National Seed imo.

So in other words, if we sweep UGA....shit gets real

The way I see it, 5-1 locks us into a national seed. 4-2, and it's 50/50 depending on what happens around the rest of the league (mainly with UF). 3-3 and we pretty much are just hosting with no NS. So you are right that "shit gets real" if we sweep UGA, but if also gets real if we only take 2 of 3. Still have everything in front of us in that scenario with 2 of 3 from LSU putting us in a great spot and the outside chance of a sweep still being out there. The only thing that really puts us behind the 8 ball is not taking the series next weekend. This past weekend was huge for our squad.

MarketingBully
05-07-2017, 10:50 PM
The way both U.K. and Auburn played this weekend were teams that are not used to wearing the hunted bullseye on their backs. Both teams gave those series away more then UGA and Alabama won them. I do think Alabama's sweep is more impressive then UGA's series win. I think we take the first two next weekend and it's 50/50 on whether we win the third. Pilk is due another outstanding outing and I think McQuery gets it done in the second game leaving Johnny Wholestaff for the third game. But I think 4-2 wins us the West and a really good chance wins the league. I do think UK takes the Florida series.

Todd4State
05-07-2017, 11:03 PM
If anything this weekend shows us how tough the SEC is. It's going to be tough to go on the road and sweep but we're capable as well. LSU is LSU and you can never count them out. I'm glad we have them in Starkville at least.

CadaverDawg
05-07-2017, 11:48 PM
When I made my picks last night, I had both UK and AU winning today and still going 4-3....so now I think both go 3-3 from here on out. Or in other words, they're both done

ScoobaDawg
05-08-2017, 12:27 AM
If anything this weekend shows us how tough the SEC is. It's going to be tough to go on the road and sweep but we're capable as well. LSU is LSU and you can never count them out. I'm glad we have them in Starkville at least.

That is huge. Plus it's going to be a HUGE game for Cann vs his old players.

I still think we go 5-1 to finish out. 4-2 is more likely but I can't pick against these guys right now. We can see the finish line and know what is possible. We take care of business against UGA for all 3.
Then Pilk does his thing friday night and we fight like hell to win one of the other two.

Schultzy
05-08-2017, 08:15 AM
SEC - EastFull Standings
CONF CONF
Florida 16-8 .667
Kentucky 15-9 .625
Vanderbilt 12-11 .522
South Carolina 11-13 .458
Missouri 9-15 .375
Tennessee 7-15 .318
Georgia 7-17 .292

SEC - West
CONF CONF %
Mississippi State 16-8 .667
LSU 15-9 .625
Arkansas 14-9 .609
Texas A&M 14-10
Auburn 14-10 .583
Ole Miss 11-13 .458
Alabama 5-19

smootness
05-08-2017, 08:36 AM
We are in a very similar spot to Florida. Both sitting 16-8, both with a road series against the worst teams in the conference, then with a home series against one of the best.

The sweep of UGA is so key. I think our chances are about the same as Florida sweeping Bama. Obviously if we can get lucky and sweep while Florida loses one, we put ourselves in the driver's seat.

I think the chances are pretty good that both take 2 of 3 in the last series. So it hinges a lot on the ability to sweep next weekend. Whoever is able to pull it off probably wins the conference. If we both do, then a share ain't so bad.

It would make it really, really interesting if State and Florida both take 2 of 3 and LSU and UK both sweep (LSU sweeping Auburn isn't likely but it is at home; UK gets UT at home). That would make for some epic final weekend series.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Georgia is playing their ass off to get in the tourney. They suck but they are scrapping. And LSU just hard to sweep...but i know our head coach will be, let's just say extra, motivated to hammer their ass.

Why? Did he leave on bad terms?

smootness
05-08-2017, 08:56 AM

Yeah, I don't fully get that. And I'm not sure our coach being extra motivated would really translate to the team completely anyway. But I don't think motivation will be an issue in that series no matter what.

TNDawg35
05-08-2017, 09:06 AM

Alot of the LSU faithful hate Manieri (sp). They wanted Cann to take over in a couple yrs when they hired him. When we went after Cann hard, there were even a few that wanted him out so they could keep Cann, but there is no way you fire a coach after a CWS appearance, barring major scandal like lying to the NCAA, then I have heard some places will extend you for shit like that.... They kinda felt like they were grooming Cann and then we swept in and took him from them...

Saltydog
05-08-2017, 11:06 AM
best overall record in the league and ended up as co-champions. Who would be the no. 1 seed in the tourney since we had no head to head w/them?

TNDawg35
05-08-2017, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=Saltydog;743432]best overall record in the league and ended up as co-champions. Who would be the no. 1 seed in the tourney since we had no head to head w/them?[/QUOTE
I think it goes West1 and East1.... I may be wrong tho...

smootness
05-08-2017, 11:30 AM
They still have to have a 1 and 2 because 3-12 are all seeded. Based on my interpretation, it looks like it would be a coin flip.

HSVDawg
05-08-2017, 01:27 PM

I'm fairly certain that he left on bad terms with Maineri, just because there was no way around it due to the unique circumstances of our coaching search. We were filling a position that technically wasn't even open and the person doing the hiring technically was not even in the role at the time of hiring. There is no way he saw his best assistant suddenly being the head man at a division rival overnight and I'm sure that pissed him off. But who cares.

As far as the players, there's no reason to think any of them were pissed. He got a great opportunity and took it. I think players understand how the promotion process works.

Political Hack
05-08-2017, 01:29 PM
It's shaping up as a story book ending with coach cann facing his old team for the SEC Championship.

Todd4State
05-08-2017, 01:56 PM

I heard that Manieri was giving himself a lot of credit for their offense turning around and recruiting.

Schultzy
05-08-2017, 08:41 PM
I would take two of three in both remaining series' for a 20-10 record and sit in the clubhouse.

IMissJack
05-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Wish we could have gotten 1 vs. the Hogs.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Alot of the LSU faithful hate Manieri (sp). They wanted Cann to take over in a couple yrs when they hired him. When we went after Cann hard, there were even a few that wanted him out so they could keep Cann, but there is no way you fire a coach after a CWS appearance, barring major scandal like lying to the NCAA, then I have heard some places will extend you for shit like that.... They kinda felt like they were grooming Cann and then we swept in and took him from them...
so that would be extra motivation for them, correct?