PDA

View Full Version : RPI up to 15 followed by 3 other SEC teams...Fla and Ky 5 and 6.

99jc
05-05-2017, 10:56 PM
We need to win tomorrow for a regional. I just don't see us getting a national unless we go on one hell of a run and win the SEC tourney.

Todd4State
05-05-2017, 11:15 PM
If we were to win the SEC we would get a National Seed. That's pretty much the only way to do it for us at this point. I think 18-19 SEC wins and we host- depending on how many of those wins are over Georgia vs. LSU.

BeardoMSU
05-06-2017, 12:09 AM
I think 18-19 SEC wins and we host

It's crazy how the number fluctuates from year to year. You'd think getting that many wins in the hardest conference in America would be a Natseed lock....but that's how tough it is.

msstate7
05-06-2017, 12:13 AM
It's crazy how the number fluctuates from year to year. You'd think getting that many wins in the hardest conference in America would be a Natseed lock....but that's how tough it is.

I think ACC is better this year. 5 of top 10 in rpi

Todd4State
05-06-2017, 12:35 AM

I think some of it is skewed in that I think the SEC is typically so good that we have some teams that are National Seed caliber that don't get National Seeds because we beat each other up so much during the season. I could see the SEC getting two National Seeds this year but for us if we don't win the SEC we would probably have to leap Florida and Kentucky in RPI- which is still actually possible but not probable at this point.

And there are some SEC teams that end up 2-3 seed caliber that are probably talented enough to host- like South Carolina this year. Even "bad" SEC teams like Alabama would be at worst middle of the pack in other conferences especially the non-power five ones.

It's good and bad because what happens is the committee for whatever reason sometimes doesn't like to reward the SEC too much. It's silly to me because they say that they want to grow college baseball- but then they leave out some of the best teams or make some of the better ones have a more difficult road than they actually should. They don't seem to have the same problem in college ice hockey. Baseball is a warm weather sport and teams in warmer climates are likely to succeed more.

Todd4State
05-06-2017, 12:36 AM
I think ACC is better this year. 5 of top 10 in rpi

The ACC maybe at the top- but as a whole the SEC is better.