PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Greatest super bowl half time performance of all time. PRINCE

Bully13
05-05-2017, 08:55 AM
based on what he did in that downpour, nobody else comes close. His people asked him if he wanted to cancel due to the rain and he replied " can you make it rain more?"

Go you tube it then you tube his performance at the rockn roll hall of fame tribute to George Harrison and tell me we didn't lose another Jimi hendrix recently.

SaintDawg
05-05-2017, 09:09 AM
based on what he did in that downpour, nobody else comes close. His people asked him if he wanted to cancel due to the rain and he replied " can you make it rain more?"

Go you tube it then you tube his performance at the rockn roll hall of fame tribute to George Harrison and tell me we didn't lose another Jimi hendrix recently.
This ^^^ Real talk.

I thought Bruno Mars was a killer halftime show.

LC Dawg
05-05-2017, 09:19 AM

They should have turned the rain purple.
That performance at the George Harrison tribute was completely badass.

BeardoMSU
05-05-2017, 09:42 AM
They should have turned the rain purple.
That performance at the George Harrison tribute was completely badass.

I assume you were referring to this. YES. It is totally bad ass. I think this was actually at his Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame induction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

LC Dawg
05-05-2017, 10:40 AM
I assume you were referring to this. YES. It is totally bad ass. I think this was actually at his Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame induction.

Thanks. That's it. I'll bet a lot of people watching didn't know Prince could do that.

BeardoMSU
05-05-2017, 10:44 AM
Thanks. That's it. I'll bet a lot of people watching didn't know Prince could do that.

Definitely. I remember reading a quote about Eric Clapton being asked "what it felt like being considered the best guitar player in the world?", to which he responded, "what are you asking me for? Talk to Prince." That's pretty awesome.

GreenheadDawg
05-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Prince was weird as **** but he was one of best artists of all time

Jack Lambert
05-05-2017, 11:10 AM
This ^^^ Real talk.

I thought Bruno Mars was a killer halftime show.

That wasn't him playing the drums.

Dawgpile
05-05-2017, 12:30 PM
I'm STILL waiting for Prince's guitar to come back down....

MaroonFlounder
05-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Someone asked Hendrix who impressed him as a guitarist. He said Billy Gibbons.

As far as Prince. Yes. Self-taught on several different instruments. And there is rumor of several unreleased songs coming out in the next year or two.

BeardoMSU
05-05-2017, 01:31 PM

As far as Prince. Yes. Self-taught on several different instruments. And there is rumor of several unreleased songs coming out in the next year or two.

This is a pretty funny take on Prince from Kevin Smith. He did a documentary with Prince that never saw the light of day, and supposedly there is a ton of other music videos, songs, etc. that Prince locked away and never released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK6Gb8RY2NY

BeardoMSU
05-05-2017, 01:34 PM

Good quote. It's really difficult to label the "greatest of all time" when it comes to music; there are so many options out there, for each and every instrument.

As far as Prince goes, though, as evident in his solo I posted above, his musicality was so crisp and seamless, nothing being forced or crammed into a space, was what really set him apart.

Mutt the Hoople
05-05-2017, 08:12 PM

That's George's son Dani behind Tom Petty. Isn't that Sir Paul on the Keyboards?

mstatefan91
05-06-2017, 02:07 AM
That wasn't him playing the drums.

Yes it was. 100% him

Watch the video.

TUSK
05-06-2017, 02:23 AM

fact.

parabrave
05-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Tom Petty had the 2nd best show. Now ELO would be a great show.

MaroonFlounder
05-06-2017, 12:59 PM
I would like to see Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam.