PDA

View Full Version : Mcquary or Self Friday?

confucius say
05-04-2017, 10:30 PM
I think we will go Denver, and then Self Saturday if he doesn't throw Friday. But personally I'd go self Friday.

Todd4State
05-04-2017, 10:31 PM
McQuary.

Next question.

HoopsDawg
05-04-2017, 10:36 PM
McQuary.

Next question.

If McQuarry could go 6, then Self 2, and Price 1 would be ideal. Then Saturday you go billingsly 3 or 4, then Gordon 2 or 3, then Self and Price again.

msstate7
05-04-2017, 10:41 PM
McQuary.

Next question.

Is it official?

I seen it dawg
05-05-2017, 06:33 AM
Go mcquarry Friday and Johnny wholestaff Saturday

Todd4State
05-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Is it official?

It's not official per MSU but I would be surprised if it isn't McQuary.

smootness
05-05-2017, 08:56 AM
The issue with McQuary is that his ERA is artificially low right now. You can't keep walking 7+ per 9 while striking out fewer than you walk and have success long-term. I'm fine with giving him a shot, but he has to cut the walks way down or bring the K's way up...at least one of those.

msstate7
05-05-2017, 09:01 AM
The issue with McQuary is that his ERA is artificially low right now. You can't keep walking 7+ per 9 while striking out fewer than you walk and have success long-term. I'm fine with giving him a shot, but he has to cut the walks way down or bring the K's way up...at least one of those.

Williams Perez says it can work for a while**

confucius say
05-05-2017, 10:11 AM

Yep. And we've hit or walked 31 in our last three games. All losses. That's what is killing us right. Aggie scored 5 runs on 1 hit last night in the fourth inning. All guys who were on at time of grand slam were given free passes, plus we had already walked one in. Just throw strikes!!!

tcdog70
05-05-2017, 11:53 AM
Yep. And we've hit or walked 31 in our last three games. All losses. That's what is killing us right. Aggie scored 5 runs on 1 hit last night in the fourth inning. All guys who were on at time of grand slam were given free passes, plus we had already walked one in. Just throw strikes!!!

That and foul balls called grand slams

msstate7
05-05-2017, 11:55 AM
I don't know if McQ is the answer or not, but I'm quite sure Cole is not.

tcdog70
05-05-2017, 01:49 PM
I don't know if McQ is the answer or not, but I'm quite sure Cole is not.

how are you quite sure? you are positive Cole can't step up an pitch well? I think if throws strike and hits no one He can be effective. You can post some dumb stuff.

smootness
05-05-2017, 02:10 PM
how are you quite sure? you are positive Cole can't step up an pitch well? I think if throws strike and hits no one He can be effective. You can post some dumb stuff.

I think he's saying he's sure Cole can't throw strikes consistently, but that's just my guess.

confucius say
05-05-2017, 02:18 PM
It's official, mcquary.

basedog
05-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Man, watching Poole and Belmont at the plate is brutal to my eyes. We need Jake to start hitting, w/o him we only have 3 batters with any hope of getting a clutch hit, Rooker, Gridley and Brown.

Just amazes me we have won 14 SEC games with a depleted roster. Btw, I know it was only one game last night and a blowout, but I think Auburn is better than the Aggies, I think Auburn is the best team in the West matter of fact.

I hope we get a win tonight, whoever starts we need 5 but 6 good innings, that might be a stretch. I'm betting we see McQuary and Cole tonight, we ain't got a lot to pick from.

The Federalist Engineer
05-05-2017, 02:40 PM
All these pitchers are boxes of chocolate, might go 6 innings or might go 60 pitches in 0.1 innings

Todd4State
05-05-2017, 03:00 PM

We simply don't have a better choice at the moment thanks to injuries. He's going to have to learn on the fly unfortunately for us.

Self isn't an option because of his arm inflammation issues earlier. I do not want us messing around with that in light of our current situation.

msstate7
05-05-2017, 03:21 PM

Anyone can step up and pitch well. Sure if Cole can not give out free passes, he could be a decent option. He hasn't done that though, has he? FWIW, I'm not sure if we have a good option and I'm leaning towards not.

Cole in his 4 sec starts...
15 ip 17 h 13 er 10 bb 18 k
Era = 7.80
Whip = 1.80

Sorry for doubting him...

The Federalist Engineer
05-05-2017, 04:01 PM
Anyone can step up and pitch well. Sure if Cole can not give out free passes, he could be a decent option. He hasn't done that though, has he? FWIW, I'm not sure if we have a good option and I'm leaning towards not.

Cole in his 4 sec starts...
15 ip 17 h 13 er 10 bb 18 k
Era = 7.80
Whip = 1.80

Sorry for doubting him...

You're still dumb...he said if Cole can throw strikes and hit no one. In his last 4 starts he couldn't throw strikes so they shouldn't count against poor Cole.

Dawgfan6
05-05-2017, 04:47 PM
We simply don't have a better choice at the moment thanks to injuries. He's going to have to learn on the fly unfortunately for us.

Self isn't an option because of his arm inflammation issues earlier. I do not want us messing around with that in light of our current situation.

I don't understand why Self's arm issue earlier in the season is a factor. He made 6 appearances in 7 days last week and seemed healthy.

Why not pitch backwards? Start McQ let him go as long as he can. Then the rest of the team until the 9th and let Price get his 2 out save. Same for Saturday. Self for as long as he can and piece it together to get to Price in the 9th. Why not? No good having your best options sitting on their hands all weekend for 2 innings of work.

basedog
05-05-2017, 04:51 PM
If we don't hit and score runs it doesn't matter who pitches.

msstate7
05-05-2017, 04:57 PM
If we don't hit and score runs it doesn't matter who pitches.

Think we're gonna bust out offensively tonight

I seen it dawg
05-05-2017, 10:08 PM

He's been competing better each appearance. Trending positive. Showed up tonite. It's why just looking at stats are majorly,misleading at times and obtuse.

tcdog70
05-06-2017, 10:11 AM
I think he's saying he's sure Cole can't throw strikes consistently, but that's just my guess.

Hmm , looks like Cole can throw strikes.