PDA

View Full Version : My Pregame thoughts

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm not going to go too deep because I don't think this game is hard to figure out.

Defensively we have GOT to find a way to stop their zone read, particularly Marshall running it. You know Malzahn studied our game vs OSU, so they will try to exploit Autry early to see if we have made those adjustments. We also have to get LB help around the edges, because we have been getting sealed up on the edges and Auburn has a speedy RB And QB that we can't give that corner to.

In my opinion, we should line Skinner and Wells up on the edge every running down and force them to try to run it up the middle. That is our biggest chance at stopping them, and our biggest chance at preventing the home run.

Offensively, we have got to run the football. Unfortunately if Tyler starts, we can't run it because we have no imagination with TR in the game. If we would use the bubble screen and screen game, we could open up our run game inside....but we won't. If Dak gets a lot of PT, we should be able to run on them a little bit.

We cannot turn the ball over. Give that offense free possessions in their home stadium and we will lose, period.

Devon Bell can't break out the shanks again today. We have GOT to have him in big games this year. This is the type of game that a FG could win or lose, so he needs to step up starting today.

I feel like if we let Dak play or use the screen game to open up the run, and we run the ball a good bit successfully...we can win something like 24-17. If Russell plays most of the game and we can't run the ball...17-10 Auburn.

HailState

civildawg
09-14-2013, 09:02 AM
I guarantee this game will be a replication of the osu game. We come out with two decent drives because they are pre determined plays and then Dan looks like a monkey with a football. 24 to 7 auburn

DownwardDawg
09-14-2013, 09:08 AM
I guarantee this game will be a replication of the osu game. We come out with two decent drives because they are pre determined plays and then Dan looks like a monkey with a football. 24 to 7 auburn

If this happens, I will jump on the Fire Dan bandwagon. I can handle losing, I'm used to it. I can't handle piss poor coaching.

Bully13
09-14-2013, 10:56 AM
People continue to harp on play calling but our offense has gone downhill since year 3 due to Mullen running out of croom's olinemen....its not gameday coaching...its ol crootin

Dawgface
09-14-2013, 11:08 AM

I hope not, but I have the same feeling.

archdog
09-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Croom had OL for his team but he left the cupboard empty for two years.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-14-2013, 11:16 AM
I guarantee this game will be a replication of the osu game. We come out with two decent drives because they are pre determined plays and then Dan looks like a monkey ****ing a football. 24 to 7 auburn

Fixed it for you, and is the touchdown scored in garbage time. I have this game being a blowout loss to the tune of 41-17. Auburn has a pick six and we lose a fumble or interception deep on our end of the field. I pick that score because I've been a state fan far too long and there is one constant about our football program, they will always find a way to crush you.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Fixed it for you, and is the touchdown scored in garbage time. I have this game being a blowout loss to the tune of 41-17. Auburn has a pick six and we lose a fumble or interception deep on our end of the field. I pick that score because I've been a state fan far too long and there is one constant about our football program, they will always find a way to crush you.

If we lose 41-17 to this Auburn team, we might as well go ahead and call Hudspeth and put the wheels in motion. This Auburn team is not 24 points better than us.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-14-2013, 11:25 AM
If we lose 41-17 to this Auburn team, we might as well go ahead and call Hudspeth and put the wheels in motion. This Auburn team is not 24 points better than us.

I doubt my prediction is anywhere close, but I always expect the worst so I'm not crushed afterwards, it also makes wins so much more enjoyable. The only thing I'm sure of, if our first play is Perkins up the middle, I will start cussing and throwing shit.

msstate7
09-14-2013, 11:26 AM
You guys must come home everyday expecting the wife has left you, the kids are sick, and the dog got ran over. We're gonna win tonight. Chill out...

Dannyripms
09-14-2013, 11:35 AM
I know right, I mean damn, if you think like that then that's whats probably gonna happen. It's mind over matter. Think it and you'll recieve it. I think we are gonna win every damn game and ill fight for my team the while damn way. Bulldog for life

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 11:36 AM
I know right, I mean damn, if you think like that then that's whats probably gonna happen. It's mind over matter. Think it and you'll recieve it. I think we are gonna win every damn game and ill fight for my team the while damn way. Bulldog for life

Word*