PDA

View Full Version : OT: Need a new iPad.

shannondawg
05-03-2017, 08:13 AM
So many to choose from, and I just want the best for an equal amount of money. There doesn't seem to be too much of a spread in prices, so price is not really a concern, just want the best for my money.

Any suggestions?

AROB44
05-03-2017, 08:22 AM
I think you need to wait if you can. I read something recently that said a new IPad would be coming out this fall. Not positive it is true. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

99jc
05-03-2017, 08:24 AM
If price is no factor get as much memory storage that's available.

HSVDawg
05-03-2017, 08:40 AM
I think you need to wait if you can. I read something recently that said a new IPad would be coming out this fall. Not positive it is true. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

Yeah, probably should wait even if you don't want the new one. Prices will drop on existing units when it is released.

shannondawg
05-03-2017, 08:50 AM
Thanks, probably will , as my old one just cranked back up after about 30 minutes fooling with it.

sleepy dawg
05-03-2017, 09:20 AM
I've had several iPads and several iPhones. To me there isn't much difference from one model to the next. Sure there will be slightly better and different hardware, but most of the software updates can be obtained on older models too, so that normally doesn't matter. In addition, there's rumors of the date being pushed back on their next launch, so who knows when it will be. In other words, it probably doesn't matter which one you get if you're not the kind of guy that just wants the latest and greatest of everything.

basedog
05-03-2017, 09:45 AM
Boy times have changed, "Sara this is AROB44, can you get shannondawg it's an emergency"!

AROB44
05-03-2017, 11:06 AM
Boy times have changed, "Sara this is AROB44, can you get shannondawg it's an emergency"!

Climb back into your hole, basedog. Your tickets could be in jeopardy. ******

shannondawg
05-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Went to Sam's checking them out, figured that waiting for the new one could go on forever, because they always have a new one cooking in the oven.

Cheapest iPad was $688 for Ipro minimum memory. Don't need one that bad, as only use it in the library as I have my iMac right next to where I watch tv.

AROB44 , base could come sit with me, if he sits and is quiet and not calling the plays on every down. I like to be surprised.

RocketDawg
05-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Went to Sam's checking them out, figured that waiting for the new one could go on forever, because they always have a new one cooking in the oven.

Cheapest iPad was $688 for Ipro minimum memory. Don't need one that bad, as only use it in the library as I have my iMac right next to where I watch tv.

AROB44 , base could come sit with me, if he sits and is quiet and not calling the plays on every down. I like to be surprised.

I thought "price was no concern". **

Those things have really gone up. Seems like I paid $300 (maybe $400) for my iPad 2 that I very seldom use.

shannondawg
05-03-2017, 03:53 PM
I thought "price was no concern". **

Those things have really gone up. Seems like I paid $300 (maybe $400) for my iPad 2 that I very seldom use.

I meant between models. And what you paid for yours is about what I paid for my old one.

I remember buying coke and a pack of peanuts for a dime. So price is always a concern.

basedog
05-03-2017, 05:11 PM

No play calling from me, now if you ask me what happened I would "Coach" you up like I do for AROB44.

shannondawg
05-03-2017, 05:15 PM
No play calling from me, now if you ask me what happened I would "Coach" you up like I do for AROB44.

Not to quote anybody, but they told me you got all your fb knowledge from my bro in law.

basedog
05-03-2017, 05:38 PM
Not to quote anybody, but they told me you got all your fb knowledge from my bro in law.

Lordy NO! How can I take your rep point back?