PDA

View Full Version : Draftside.Com is a Web Site of Horrors for 2018 baseball

The Federalist Engineer
05-02-2017, 09:19 PM
if they are accurate, they have 8 recruits in the top -10 rounds, five Recruits in the top -8 rounds.

I don't expect Quentin Holmes or Jordan Anderson next year, but they have everybody we prize expect Owen Lovell drafted in top-10 rounds.

They have Mangum as a 1st rounder and Rooker as a 10th rounder.

msstate7
05-02-2017, 09:26 PM
They have Mangum as a 1st rounder and Rooker as a 10th rounder.

I say 0% this happens

Homedawg
05-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Mangum isn't going in the first.

Todd4State
05-02-2017, 09:59 PM
And Rooker isn't a 10th rounder.

The Federalist Engineer
05-03-2017, 06:44 AM
I say 0% this happens

They have JJ Schwarz and his 255 batting average and 6 homeruns in the 1st Round. But, we have established that MLB has criteria very distinct from being a star player in the SEC.

My primary concern is in potentially losing HS players like Hutchinson, Hatcher, Bryant, Allen, and Westburg en masse. Hopefully their MSU commitments will push them into later rounds as unsignable players like Ashcraft was

msstate7
05-03-2017, 06:56 AM
http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=draft

Saw this on MLB.com. It has rooker 49th overall, which is much more believable imo

Cary Hudson's little bro
05-03-2017, 08:02 AM
We will find out just how great a recruiter Cannizaro is...He's got to hold on to some of these guys.

Todd4State
05-03-2017, 08:30 AM
http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=draft

Saw this on MLB.com. It has rooker 49th overall, which is much more believable imo

MLB.com is the most reliable as far as the MLB draft is concerned.

Todd4State
05-03-2017, 08:31 AM
We will find out just how great a recruiter Cannizaro is...He's got to hold on to some of these guys.

He's going to be tested but even if he doesn't reel a bunch of them in I'm giving him a pass because he didn't recruit most of the guys in this class. That said I think we get most of them anyway.

Tbonewannabe
05-03-2017, 08:57 AM
MLB.com is the most reliable as far as the MLB draft is concerned.

And I saw a clip where one of the reporters on the MLB Network was talking about Rooker being a lock for the 2nd round and on this pace would push himself into the 1st.

smootness
05-03-2017, 09:07 AM
This is a good thing, not a bad thing. It means our recruits are very, very good. And once you get into projections around rounds 6-10, you have a pretty good chance of getting those guys to campus.

Todd4State
05-03-2017, 10:27 AM
This is a good thing, not a bad thing. It means our recruits are very, very good. And once you get into projections around rounds 6-10, you have a pretty good chance of getting those guys to campus.

Exactly. It's just the fine line you have to walk if you went to be elite in college baseball. Hopefully we beat the draft for most of our recruits.

The Federalist Engineer
05-03-2017, 01:16 PM

I agree, this is both thrilling and scary as a probabilistic scenario. Half the current returning pitching staff (18 players) is barely D1 and we have 3 TJs returning by next February. That's 21 pitchers and only 6 are currently reliably competitive on an SEC weekend or decent mid-major (Pilk, Self, Ashcraft, McQuary, Rigby, and Price)

Given what we have seen from our current TJ, the returning TJs are no comfort. Let's assume we charitably keep all 3 plus and the current TJ, thats 4 pitching spots that can't be counted on to contribute in 2018. That leaves 14 spots minus the reliable 6, basically 8 spots that must be upgraded.

If we can get Hutchinson, Bryant, and 3 top-end Drafted JUCOs, we are in good shape for 2018 and the pitching crisis is over.

That would leave 3 spots for currently Non-Reliable returnees to fight for. We keep the best 3.

louisvilledawg
05-04-2017, 08:37 AM
I really wish we could get Quentin to stay, but that first/second round money is tough to turn down.

BB30
05-04-2017, 08:51 AM
The good thing about Can is he will bring a different perspective to this when recruiting. Being a former scout he will know what professional organizations are looking at with a specific prospect and I think he will be a better judge when it comes to who will be signable and who will not. He also has a ton of connections with other organizations which has to help on the recruiting trail.

smootness
05-04-2017, 09:08 AM
I really wish we could get Quentin to stay, but that first/second round money is tough to turn down.

Yeah, no chance on that one.

CadaverDawg
05-04-2017, 09:09 AM
I spoke to a guy whose son is being recruited by Andy the other day. His exact words were "MSU is going to spend a lot of time in Omaha during Andy's tenure....you should see the group of kids that have all but signed on the dotted line to play for him out of the 2019 and 2020 class. He is putting together a roster that will be completely unmatched by 2020." It was all I could do not to hug the guy.

He said AC came to one of his sons games where multiple recruits were playing. Said after watching one kid on the team bat one time, AC walked up to him after the game and said "try not to drop that back shoulder in your next game and let me know how you hit." Dude said next game the kid hit 2 line drive bombs and went 4-5. This guy is convinced that Andy is the man, and he was very convincing. I'm all in on Andy

smootness
05-04-2017, 09:18 AM
He said AC came to one of his sons games where multiple recruits were playing. Said after watching one kid on the team bat one time, AC walked up to him after the game and said "try not to drop that back shoulder in your next game and let me know how you hit." Dude said next game the kid hit 2 line drive bombs and went 4-5. This guy is convinced that Andy is the man, and he was very convincing. I'm all in on Andy

So Cannizaro is RougeDawg, is what you're saying.

MarketingBully
05-04-2017, 10:21 AM
I spoke to a guy whose son is being recruited by Andy the other day. His exact words were "MSU is going to spend a lot of time in Omaha during Andy's tenure....you should see the group of kids that have all but signed on the dotted line to play for him out of the 2019 and 2020 class. He is putting together a roster that will be completely unmatched by 2020." It was all I could do not to hug the guy.

He is a positive and charismatic guy. The perfect tools for a great recruiter. I also think because of those traits and his teaching/scouting ability we will get players to campus that we otherwise didn't think we would. He will win a national championship here and it really isn't a matter of if but when. When Cohen called him the upgrade, he wasn't joking.

The Federalist Engineer
05-04-2017, 11:07 AM

If Wes Johnson had only not wrecked the 2015 recruiting class of pitchers, we would be top-5 today, no?

CadaverDawg
05-04-2017, 11:32 AM
So Cannizaro is RougeDawg, is what you're saying.

I laughed

CadaverDawg
05-04-2017, 11:32 AM
If Wes Johnson had only not wrecked the 2015 recruiting class of pitchers, we would be top-5 today, no?

Hard to say no to that

Todd4State
05-04-2017, 11:54 AM

It's about to get fun.