PDA

View Full Version : Per Cannizaro's press conference today

Todd4State
05-02-2017, 06:16 PM
Not that this is a surprise but it's going to be Pilkington on Thursday and then TBA and TBA on Friday and Saturday. So, possibly no Cole Gordon and it probably means that McQuary will get a start.

They hope Stovall will be back by LSU as we've discussed and he said SEC Tournament at the latest.

Cann also said that Mangum will not pitch anymore this year.

Bragg will "be in the lineup on Thursday".

trob115
05-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Actually he said foreseeable future, regarding Mangum. I think they will bring him along slowly and hopefully use him come postseason. He's actually supposed to start throwing again this week.

The Federalist Engineer
05-02-2017, 07:58 PM
I look forward to being 2 years removed from the Wes Johnson velocity program and having a full D1 baeseball pitching staff again

Jack Lambert
05-02-2017, 09:27 PM
Actually he said foreseeable future, regarding Mangum. I think they will bring him along slowly and hopefully use him come postseason. He's actually supposed to start throwing again this week.

Considering who his dad and uncle are and the money their athletic ability made them and the potential for him to make money with his talent you would think he would have more sense then to do what he did.

preachermatt83
05-02-2017, 09:43 PM
I look forward to being 2 years removed from the Wes Johnson velocity program and having a full D1 baeseball pitching staff again

AMEN!!

Tbonewannabe
05-03-2017, 09:07 AM
Considering who his dad and uncle are and the money their athletic ability made them and the potential for him to make money with his talent you would think he would have more sense then to do what he did.

Also, I imagine there was an interesting conversation when he was suspended a game. Locker room issues aren't tolerated in baseball as much as football and basketball. Baseball is such a grind that it takes a lot of focus and dedication to play 160 games. Lou Gehrig and Cal Ripken Jr. were almost superhuman to do what they did.