PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Stovall

Todd4State
05-01-2017, 01:14 PM
They're hoping that he will be back by LSU.

Bothrops
05-01-2017, 01:15 PM
Wow, that's a few weeks or so.

confucius say
05-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Lsu would be best case I believe. At least it looks like he will be ready by regional

basedog
05-01-2017, 01:28 PM
Maybe Bragg will keep it up, he may bring some pop to the lineup. I sure hate it for Stovall. I love Cann's approach, next man up attitude. Down to 22 or 23 team roster, just amazing job by Cann and Henderson.

Some of you guys complaining about our base running, which at times is bad, but I love the aggressive style Cann brings to the table, more good than bad. Get use to it cause he is gonna Coach this way, Lsu fans know this as he did the same thing.

Todd4State
05-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Maybe Bragg will keep it up, he may bring some pop to the lineup. I sure hate it for Stovall. I love Cann's approach, next man up attitude. Down to 22 or 23 team roster, just amazing job by Cann and Henderson.

Some of you guys complaining about our base running, which at times is bad, but I love the aggressive style Cann brings to the table, more good than bad. Get use to it cause he is gonna Coach this way, Lsu fans know this as he did the same thing.

I think getting Bragg into the lineup more will end up being a blessing in disguise. We need to upgrade at DH if possible.

My take baserunning and aggressiveness is the same. People only notice if it doesn't work.

msstate7
05-01-2017, 02:16 PM
I think getting Bragg into the lineup more will end up being a blessing in disguise. We need to upgrade at DH if possible.

My take baserunning and aggressiveness is the same. People only notice if it doesn't work.
I'd try Bragg out 6th in the order this week and drop lovelady to 7-8

smootness
05-01-2017, 02:18 PM
I hope Bragg can give us another legit bat along with McNamee. If they can, and Stovall comes back 100%, then I really like our lineup heading into postseason play.

We need another reliable starter, and I hope we give Self a chance there.

basedog
05-01-2017, 02:35 PM
I hope Bragg can give us another legit bat along with McNamee. If they can, and Stovall comes back 100%, then I really like our lineup heading into postseason play.

Agree, I think Bragg gained some confidence this past weekend, handled third base well. Not sure about Self starting, we've had success, just had a bad pitching game in the first game of DH. I'd like to see McQuary get the start. I'd maybe piggy back Cole and Billingsly in one of the games. They seem to be able to go thru the order one time ok.

I will say it again, Jake has to get going, gotta set the table and he hasn't lately.

confucius say
05-01-2017, 02:38 PM

Agree on self. I raised it yesterday and am leaning more and more that way. Go ahead and do it now to get him ready for that role in the postseason.

confucius say
05-01-2017, 02:39 PM
Agree, I think Bragg gained some confidence this past weekend, handled third base well. Not sure about Self starting, we've had success, just had a bad pitching game in the first game of DH. I'd like to see McQuary get the start. I'd maybe piggy back Cole and Billingsly in one of the games. They seem to be able to go thru the order one time ok.

I will say it again, Jake has to get going, gotta set the table and he hasn't lately.

When will Jake's hand be fully healthy?

smootness
05-01-2017, 02:49 PM

Gordon, Billingsley, and McQuary all walk more than you want to see out of a SP. A total of 66 BB in 92 IP between those 3...not exactly what you want to see.

Right now I would try Pilkington, Self, and Plumlee as your starters with Barton, Billingsley, and Gordon as your primary RPs and Price as your closer and hope you get Rigby back soon.

confucius say
05-01-2017, 02:57 PM
Right now I would try Pilkington, Self, and Plumlee as your starters with Barton, Billingsley, and Gordon as your primary RPs and Price as your closer and hope you get Rigby back soon.

Don't forget Denver.

basedog
05-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Gordon, Billingsley, and McQuary all walk more than you want to see out of a SP. A total of 66 BB in 92 IP between those 3...not exactly what you want to see.

I understand what you are saying about the walks, but McQuary has the knack to pitch is way of of innings way better than the other two. Plus he has nasty stuff, he is gonna be really good, right now, it's all a crap shoot. Self has been more valuable as a reliever, he could possibly pitch in three games instead of burning him for one.

That one game has a few on here ready to hit the panic button, this team has battled back all season long and I don't think there is any quit in them.

basedog
05-01-2017, 03:01 PM
When will Jake's hand be fully healthy?

Who knows, but you got to think he is getting healthier every week. He just doesn't seem to be getting the ball out of the infield and hitting way to many lazy fly balls.

smootness
05-01-2017, 03:34 PM
Don't forget Denver.

McQuary has a good ERA but I question how sustainable it is. A 1.68 WHIP and more BB than K is not a recipe for success long-term.

smootness
05-01-2017, 03:36 PM
I understand what you are saying about the walks, but McQuary has the knack to pitch is way of of innings way better than the other two. Plus he has nasty stuff, he is gonna be really good, right now, it's all a crap shoot. Self has been more valuable as a reliever, he could possibly pitch in three games instead of burning him for one.

That one game has a few on here ready to hit the panic button, this team has battled back all season long and I don't think there is any quit in them.

I'm not hitting the panic button, just trying to find the best approach for success in tournament play.

I would rather have Self able to start and potentially go 6+ in one game than have him spread out, to be honest. If we had another reliable starter after Pilkington, it might be different. But I'd rather get out to a good start and leave it to the bullpen in short stretches than have Self sitting there with the risk that our SP gets hit hard early and the game gets out of hand.

MarketingBully
05-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Why not put Bragg at fifth and move Macnamee/Vansau further down the order to say seventh. You can move Luke Alexander up in the order to sixth and have Lovelady and Poole hit 8th and 9th. Bragg has two home runs right now and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he had 5 or 6 by the time Stovall was back. We could really use his pop further up the lineup.

confucius say
05-01-2017, 03:49 PM
McQuary has a good ERA but I question how sustainable it is. A 1.68 WHIP and more BB than K is not a recipe for success long-term.

True, but he has not given up a run in at least his last 8.1 innings. As long as he's doing that, he's ahead of Barton, JB, and Gordon for me out of the pen.

Madisonmd
05-01-2017, 04:07 PM
True, but he has not given up a run in at least his last 8.1 innings. As long as he's doing that, he's ahead of Barton, JB, and Gordon for me out of the pen.

Does anyone else think Mcquary looks like Manziel?

msstate7
05-01-2017, 04:08 PM

Sounds like Baby harang haha

trob115
05-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Jake is available to pitch this weekend

cujo
05-01-2017, 07:26 PM
they put LA on the bench

Todd4State
05-02-2017, 12:56 AM
My only problem with Self starting is he had arm inflammation earlier in the year. I'd rather just keep him in the bullpen than risk another arm incident and not have him available at all.