PDA

View Full Version : What will it take?

Bodaski
04-30-2017, 04:50 PM
I felt we had to at least take 2 from Auburn to really give us a chance to win it all, but Kentucky is in better position then any of the ones with a shot at winning the SEC. First of all, we have to turn it up and score some runs because we are not built to hold anyone off if we get a lead with our arms. More important, we need to get at least to the 6th inning with our starters. If we can manage to do that our chances go up because then we are holding them in check. defense is plaing pretty well and Bragg has been a pleasant surprise at the plate and in the field.

The Federalist Engineer
04-30-2017, 04:59 PM
There is not a true starter after Pilk, the rest don't have experience and/or stuff to get 6 innings on any regular basis. Plumlee was a starter until he racked up 50 pitches loading the bases and getting just one out in Oxford. Ashcraft was an occasional starter then he got hurt. Mangum punched a wall.

What it will take is vastly impoved control to limit the free passes. We also need better luck on weather. These SEC double headers suck for us. We are lucky not to have lost one or two versus Alabama

TNDawg35
04-30-2017, 05:36 PM
Bragg needs more at bats. I said it at the beg of the season. We really need that other BIG bat that is a homerun threat if you mess up behind Rooker. I would have him in the 5 hole and possibly the 4 hole if he hits well enough. I may get thrashed for this, but I would move Mangum to the 2 hole and put someone who is gonna work the count at lead off. I really wish Stovall could be in that spot. Stovall, Mangum, then Rooker, Bragg, Gridley, Brown, Lovelady, Macnamee, and then Poole. I would have liked to see this...

Give KY props, they have taken advantage of a very down yr in the SEC East look set to win it all. I know they played NMout of the West, but not sure who else besides us. On a reg SEC East yr, I still think that team finishes 3rd or 4th behind USC, FL, Vandy....

We get a couple breaks and play ball like we can, we can still pull it off. Remember last yr. We got swept by A&M toward the end and still won it all. Just cause we lost the Aubie series doesnt mean jack shit...