PDA

View Full Version : Shumpert

Jsndawg
04-30-2017, 09:08 AM
Just curious where Shumpert has been lately?
I never heard his name associated with the pro day at state. I know he always mentioned wanting to play in the league even though he might not have had the talent. Kid should have played on defense IMO

Dawgology
04-30-2017, 09:35 AM
Hopefully he's working on his masters in business and being a GA or something. I don't think playing football is in his future.

archdog
04-30-2017, 01:53 PM
Hopefully he's working on his masters in business and being a GA or something. I don't think playing football is in his future.

Why do we run down everyone of our players.

MafiaDawg
04-30-2017, 02:27 PM
That's not running him down. Playing football isn't in most people's future. Nothing at all wrong with that.

Jsndawg
04-30-2017, 02:54 PM
I just wondered if he participated in pro day? He earned that right.
He played one year with my son at Tupelo the largest school in the state and was a freak of an athlete.
I always thought he was just a step slow to play sec running back. Outside linebacker tho?? Safety??

Dawgology
04-30-2017, 03:24 PM

I'm not running him down. Im being honest. I hope he stays in as a GA and earns a higher degree. He is a great guy I'm sure but his future isn't in playing football. Terrible of me I know.

Indndawg
04-30-2017, 03:47 PM
Just curious where Shumpert has been lately?
I never heard his name associated with the pro day at state. I know he always mentioned wanting to play in the league even though he might not have had the talent. Kid should have played on defense IMO

and solid student. Now, he's got a baby on the way so I know he's thinking football is done at least playing it.

Irondawg
04-30-2017, 04:01 PM
I always thought he might could have made a squad as a fullback as he was a very good blocker

State82
04-30-2017, 04:10 PM

?????
Running him down? He just made a statement that would actually be beneficial to Shumpert.

Pollodawg
04-30-2017, 04:12 PM
I don't know what the deal with Shump was. He never could seem to get it all going at once. Really, he probably should have been a linebacker. He never really had the speed or vision to be an RB at this level. Love the guy. Just true. Plus, poor dude had the fumbles.

msbulldog
04-30-2017, 04:26 PM
Wishing Shump the best of luck with his future! He worked hard for MSU!

Reason2succeed
05-01-2017, 12:44 AM
Speaking of Shumpert switching to lb, is it just me or does it seem like when Mullen first got to state he was quicker to suggest a new position for a player that wasn't cutting it at their recruited position? Those first couple of years seem like they had a lot more position changes than now.

coachnorm
05-01-2017, 08:46 PM
Sometimes a decision at a high coaching level is huge for a player like Shumpert. I believe Shumpert should have been assigned to the secondary just like Tony Jefferson of Oklahoma was. Tony Jefferson did not play much defense while in high school and only looked at himself as a running back. When it became apparent that Jefferson was not a premier running back in D1 ball, Stoops asserted himself and put the self professed elite running back to safety. Stoops saved Jefferson's career which started with the Arizona Cardinals and he is now with the Baltimore Ravens. No one can say how well Shumpert might have been as a defender but one thing is clear to me. Over 90% of the running backs in college football had a better skill set than Shumpert?