PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Hev- Justin Senior is Drafted

lamont
04-29-2017, 04:05 PM
Senior drafted in the 6th round to Seattle

Goldendawg
04-29-2017, 04:07 PM
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then!

msstate7
04-29-2017, 04:18 PM
Congrats Justin

Bothrops
04-29-2017, 04:31 PM
His route to the NFL will be quite a story. The commentator talking him down on there can go to hell.

BeardoMSU
04-29-2017, 04:34 PM
Is Fred gonna get drafted?

msstate7
04-29-2017, 04:34 PM
Senior our only pick?

msstate7
04-29-2017, 04:35 PM
Is Fred gonna get drafted?

Can't help but think he really crashed his stock with drops this year. Unfortunate for him bc he's a good player

Madisonmd
04-29-2017, 04:54 PM
Can't help but think he really crashed his stock with drops this year. Unfortunate for him bc he's a good player

Who would have thought Justin Senior would be our first draft pick?

MetEdDawg
04-29-2017, 04:57 PM

Should tell you exactly why this team went 6-7. When Justin Senior is your highest draft pick in the 6th round, you don't have a good football team. Love Justin, but he shouldn't be our highest draft pick.

msstate7
04-29-2017, 04:58 PM

I knew it all along**

Certainly not I. Senior should be very proud of himself and hev should be too.

Bothrops
04-29-2017, 05:07 PM
Should tell you exactly why this team went 6-7. When Justin Senior is your highest draft pick in the 6th round, you don't have a good football team. Love Justin, but he shouldn't be our highest draft pick.

I wouldn't put that much stock in the draft. They **** up all the time.

MetEdDawg
04-29-2017, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't put that much stock in the draft. They **** up all the time.

No doubt. But when we wonder why we can't beat good teams consistently, look at how the last 3 days of the draft have played out. Alabama and LSU combined had 15 or more guys drafted before we out first guy drafted. We can't expect to beat them when they have that much more upper end talent than we do.

Dawg61
04-29-2017, 05:56 PM
No doubt. But when we wonder why we can't beat good teams consistently, look at how the last 3 days of the draft have played out. Alabama and LSU combined had 15 or more guys drafted before we out first guy drafted. We can't expect to beat them when they have that much more upper end talent than we do.

We've had more players drafted under Mullen than every other year combined for the entire history of our program.

MetEdDawg
04-29-2017, 06:11 PM
We've had more players drafted under Mullen than every other year combined for the entire history of our program.

What does that have to do with us getting one player drafted this year? Mullen is a great coach. But we will NEVER win consistently unless we can recruit talent and develop it consistently. Mullen wins at the best clip ever by an MSU HC. And in year 8 we get one guy drafted. We can praise Mullen's on the field success while blasting his off the field lack of success. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Love Mullen. But this should never happen to us anymore if we are serious about being a player in the West. Teams like Vanderbilt can't have 2 players drafted before our first even in a down year for us.

Madisonmd
04-29-2017, 06:19 PM
What does that have to do with us getting one player drafted this year? Mullen is a great coach. But we will NEVER win consistently unless we can recruit talent and develop it consistently. Mullen wins at the best clip ever by an MSU HC. And in year 8 we get one guy drafted. We can praise Mullen's on the field success while blasting his off the field lack of success. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Love Mullen. But this should never happen to us anymore if we are serious about being a player in the West. Teams like Vanderbilt can't have 2 players drafted before our first even in a down year for us.

Amen !

Dawg61
04-29-2017, 06:26 PM

You don't like our situation you should pick another school to root for. Some of y'all have zero understanding that we are a University located in Mississippi which is the smallest populated state in the toughest football conference in the nation. How do you expect Mullen to recruit players of equal talent as Alabama and LSU? How exactly without cheating?

MetEdDawg
04-29-2017, 06:40 PM
You don't like our situation you should pick another school to root for. Some of y'all have zero understanding that we are a University located in Mississippi which is the smallest populated state in the toughest football conference in the nation. How do you expect Mullen to recruit players of equal talent as Alabama and LSU? How exactly without cheating?

Cheat smart. I don't expect us to recruit talent equal to Alabama and LSU. Nowhere in my post did I say that. But do you think we should have only one get drafted? If we suck that bad consistently we shouldn't play football in the SEC. I understand what we are very well. I'm the one that said Mullen had a ten year turnaround on his hands when he got here. But if you think one 6th round draft pick is the best we can do in year 8 it sounds like you need a new team.

I'm on the we are the second hardest job in the SEC bandwagon. But it's total bull crap to say we can't do better than this. If we don't expect better we don't get better. If the university doesn't hold expectations high, we aren't going to get better. It's year 8 and we have 1 win against Bama and LSU combined under Mullen, just went 6-7 and had one kid from a teamof 85 get drafted. We HAVE to demand better if we want it to change long term. That crap doesn't just happen organically. If not we should drop to Conference USA. We aren't lil ole MSU anymore and the more that is perpetuated the more we allow it to continue.

ETA: By the way, the whole if you don't like our situation you should change schools crap is middle school garbage. I donate my money to make a positive change. Any fan that tells someone to change allegiances because they think the university can do better isn't thinking about what's best for their university. We ALL should ALWAYS push for our university to be better. It's crazy that you would want me gone because I refuse to accept the excuses of mediocrity.

Dawg61
04-29-2017, 06:45 PM
Cheat smart. I don't expect us to recruit talent equal to Alabama and LSU. Nowhere in my post did I say that. But do you think we should have only one get drafted? If we suck that bad consistently we shouldn't play football in the SEC. I understand what we are very well. I'm the one that said Mullen had a ten year turnaround on his hands when he got here. But if you think one 6th round draft pick is the best we can do in year 8 it sounds like you need a new team.

I'm on the we are the second hardest job in the SEC bandwagon. But it's total bull crap to say we can't do better than this. If we don't expect better we don't get better. If the university doesn't hold expectations high, we aren't going to get better. It's year 8 and we have 1 win against Bama and LSU combined under Mullen, just went 6-7 and had one kid from a teamof 85 get drafted. We HAVE to demand better if we want it to change long term. That crap doesn't just happen organically. If not we should drop to Conference USA. We aren't lil ole MSU anymore and the more that is perpetuated the more we allow it to continue.

You are melting over one year. Everyone expected us to have 3-4 guys drafted as of Thursday afternoon. Mullen can't control who drafts who and we'll still have 4 or more players in NFL training camps in a couple months. We'll see if any make the teams.

MetEdDawg
04-29-2017, 06:52 PM
You are melting over one year. Everyone expected us to have 3-4 guys drafted as of Thursday afternoon. Mullen can't control who drafts who and we'll still have 4 or more players in NFL training camps in a couple months. We'll see if any make the teams.

Melting? No. But being upset we had the same number of drafted players as schools like UT Chattanooga, Georgia State, Villanova, ULL, Georgia Western, Drake, and Kutztown this late in the game is not ever allowed to be acceptable.

Dawg61
04-29-2017, 06:57 PM
Melting? No. But being upset we had the same number of drafted players as schools like UT Chattanooga, Georgia State, Villanova, ULL, Georgia Western, Drake, and Kutztown this late in the game is not ever allowed to be acceptable.

Pretty sure there's schools with national titles in the last twenty years that have gone a year without anyone drafted. We still had one.

MetEdDawg
04-29-2017, 07:00 PM
Pretty sure there's schools with national titles in the last twenty years that have gone a year without anyone drafted. We still had one.

If you can name one program like that I'll concede.

Dawg61
04-29-2017, 07:08 PM
If you can name one program like that I'll concede.

Sure, Auburn. 2003 no players drafted. Also in 2012 a year after winning the National Championship they had 1 player drafted. They followed that up with one player drafted in 2013 too. Auburn was the only school I searched btw.

Leroy Jenkins
04-29-2017, 07:23 PM

aTm had 5 picks, NMS had 4.... Would you trade our on-the-field outcome with them for their draft day?

ETA: Also its possible a team's best players are not draft eligible.

MetEdDawg
04-29-2017, 07:24 PM
Sure, Auburn. 2003 no players drafted. Also in 2012 a year after winning the National Championship they had 1 player drafted. They followed that up with one player drafted in 2013 too. Auburn was the only school I searched btw.

Won't give you 2003. They hadn't won a national title yet or had their undefeated season. I'll give you 2012, but remember Chizik was fired in 2012. They went 2 years in a row with only one guy drafted and made a HC change. Do you see that happening to us?

Quaoarsking
04-29-2017, 07:26 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lists_of_National_Football_League_draftee s_by_college_football_team

Here's your resource to check out any teams you want.

lamont
04-29-2017, 07:27 PM

Temple had 3 players drafted before we did. Stop defending the bullshit we watched from 2014-2016. We are reaping what we sowed

MetEdDawg
04-29-2017, 07:30 PM
aTm had 5 picks, NMS had 4.... Would you trade our on-the-field outcome with them for their draft day?

Texas A&M went 8-5, beat UCLA, Tennessee, and Auburn. Then they finished 12th in recruiting. So yes I would trade with TAMU. With OM of course not. Never said it was all about draft picks. But we better be careful defending a 6-7 season where 1 guy got drafted. Slippery road to mediocrity

Leroy Jenkins
04-29-2017, 07:33 PM
Texas A&M went 8-5, beat UCLA, Tennessee, and Auburn. Then they finished 12th in recruiting. So yes I would trade with TAMU. With OM of course not. Never said it was all about draft picks. But we better be careful defending a 6-7 season where 1 guy got drafted. Slippery road to mediocrity

The question was would you trade our actual "on the field outcome with aTm?" (we beat them) You would trade that W for more draft day picks? No thanks.

Dawg61
04-29-2017, 07:35 PM
Temple had 3 players drafted before we did. Stop defending the bullshit we watched from 2014-2016. We are reaping what we sowed

By bullshit you must be referring to our recruiting rankings correct? What was our main in-state rival doing during those years that would make it much more difficult for Mullen to recruit against?

BayouDawg
04-29-2017, 07:37 PM
The thing that most concerns me is how unbalanced our roster is. We've got to quit having tiny recruiting classes and using the excuse that we didn't have room when anyone capable of basic math knows that's not true.

lamont
04-29-2017, 07:46 PM
The question was would you trade our actual "on the field outcome with aTm?" (we beat them) You would trade that W for more draft day picks? No thanks.

Yes

They are 16-10 the last 2 years with some quality wins

We are 15-11 with our only quality win being over A&M when we knocked out their starting QB

msstate7
04-29-2017, 07:54 PM
Yes

We are 15-11 with our only quality win being over A&M when we knocked out their starting QB

We've beaten 3 bowl teams and won 2 bowls, but none were quality wins

Leroy Jenkins
04-29-2017, 07:56 PM
Yes

Why are you so thick..... Im talking about the GAME WE PLAYED VS ATM. FVCK!

lamont
04-29-2017, 07:58 PM
We've beaten 3 bowl teams and won 2 bowls, but none were quality wins

We have beaten 1 ranked team- A&M.....A&M has beaten 5 ranked teams

Again- I'll take A&M

dawgday166
04-29-2017, 08:02 PM
Ehh ... Mullen's the greatest ... and Cann don't if ever make a good decision. If Mullen had been at Bammer the last 8 years they would've won 7 nattys.

Dawg61
04-29-2017, 08:02 PM
We have beaten 1 ranked team- A&M.....A&M has beaten 5 ranked teams

Again- I'll take A&M

Auburn and LSU both finished regular season ranked in 2014

msstate7
04-29-2017, 08:04 PM
Ehh ... Mullen's the greatest ... and Cann don't if ever make a good decision. If Mullen had been at Bammer the last 8 years they would've won 7 nattys.

I'm the same with every sport. I defend our coaches relentlessly in offseason, but will question them the same way in game. Mullen makes me mad as heck in games, but I know he's good

Reason2succeed
04-29-2017, 08:06 PM
I don't remember Mullen going out there and dropping all those passes. It's not Mullen's fault some players decided to forgo their senior year and try to get drafted like Beni Brown and Bear. Yes we could always draft better but the only metric I'm judging Mullen on is wins and losses.

Plus, the NFL drafted Dak IN THE 4TH ROUND! Are we really going to trust them to evaluate our coach's ability to recruit and develop talent?!? Meanwhile Fletcher Cox is the highest paid DL in the league and other players from state have been pleasant surprises for their teams.

lamont
04-29-2017, 08:19 PM
Auburn and LSU both finished regular season ranked in 2014

Thats great- but we were discussing 2015 and 2016- not 2014

Dawg61
04-29-2017, 08:34 PM
Thats great- but we were discussing 2015 and 2016- not 2014

https://img.memesuper.com/85898993371073acb81774e4560f0271_-when-out-with-my-dogs-memes-my-bad_400-400.jpeg

Ari Gold
04-29-2017, 09:10 PM
Bottom line is this.. when ur on year 8 at a SEC school you should always have more than one player taken in the league.
Our coaching staff that has been here for the last 4 years .. ( Mullen, Hev, Gonzo, Knox, Sallach ) should take that shit personally.

MetEdDawg
04-29-2017, 09:20 PM
Bottom line is this.. when your on year 8 at a SEC school you should always have more than one player taken in the league.
Our coaching staff that has been here for the last 4 years .. ( Mullen, Hev, Gonzo, Knox, Sallach ) should take that shit personally.

This is all I'm saying. We should luck out on one guy going to the draft in a year. Virtually every D1 school will do that. We aren't paying Mullen to do what virtually every other school does. So I'm allowed to be pissed at one 6th round draft pick in year 8

msstate7
04-29-2017, 09:23 PM
Delete

ShotgunDawg
04-29-2017, 10:01 PM
Bottom line is this.. when your on year 8 at a SEC school you should always have more than one player taken in the league.

Well said. I couldn't agree more

lamont
04-29-2017, 10:27 PM
Bottom line is this.. when ur on year 8 at a SEC school you should always have more than one player taken in the league.

Cant be any clearer than that

BB30
04-29-2017, 10:33 PM
We are never going to have several guys drafted yearly. Every 3-4 years we will have a year where we do and are currently building up to that again. we have several extremely talented guys in the NFL right now. Just of the top of my head, Chris jones, kj, dak, fletcher, b mac, etc. Our current roster has several guys that will eventually be top 3 round talent. Simmons acouple lbs that have a shot. Fitz has a ways to go but has a chance. Think we have a couple rbs that will have a chance to be really good.

Just have to understand we are going to be relevant every 3-4 years. When Mullen got here a bad season was 2-3 wins. Now we win 6 and some said he was on the hot seat. Give him some more time, we will get there just going to have to be patient.

Ari Gold
04-30-2017, 09:03 AM
We are never going to have several guys drafted yearly. Every 3-4 years we will have a year where we do and are currently building up to that again. we have several extremely talented guys in the NFL right now. Just of the top of my head, Chris jones, kj, dak, fletcher, b mac, etc. Our current roster has several guys that will eventually be top 3 round talent. Simmons acouple lbs that have a shot. Fitz has a ways to go but has a chance. Think we have a couple rbs that will have a chance to be really good.

Just have to understand we are going to be relevant every 3-4 years. When Mullen got here a bad season was 2-3 wins. Now we win 6 and some said he was on the hot seat. Give him some more time, we will get there just going to have to be patient.

Some of you will just never get it..

msstate7
04-30-2017, 09:10 AM
So, what's the plan for the guys sore over the draft? Go ahead and buy out mullen's contract? We just extended him, but now we're unhappy bc of the draft. Someone tell cohen that pre-draft extensions are unacceptable**

Obviously, we missed on some guys and got hit with some guys leaving early. I do think we have some NFL talent on the roster though, so not like we're completely devoid of talent

Ari Gold
04-30-2017, 09:22 AM
So, what's the plan for the guys sore over the draft? Go ahead and buy out mullen's contract? We just extended him, but now we're unhappy bc of the draft. Someone tell cohen that pre-draft extensions are unacceptable**

Obviously, we missed on some guys and got hit with some guys leaving early. I do think we have some NFL talent on the roster though, so not like we're completely devoid of talent

Once again you are missing the ****ing point.... in YEAR 8 at an SEC school where you have had success over the past 7 years you should not be putting one kid (round 6) in the league with 5 classes eligible for the draft. ( rds sr , sr, rds jr, jr, reds soph)
This isn't a knock on any players that didn't get drafted , it's a knock on recruiting that your not getting enough NFL calibure kids here.
Our staff should take that personally.
Yes we have put a good numbers of kids in the league since 2010 , I think over 20 , but there is no reason not to be having multiple guys Drfated every year.

msstate7
04-30-2017, 09:25 AM
Once again you are missing the ****ing point.... in YEAR 8 at an SEC school where you have had success over the past 7 years you should not be putting one kid (round 6) in the league with 5 classes eligible for the draft. ( rds sr , sr, rds jr, jr, reds soph)
This isn't a knock on any players that didn't get drafted , it's a knock on recruiting that your not getting enough NFL calibure kids here.
Yes we have put a good numbers of kids in the league since 2010 , I think over 20 , but there is no reason not to be having multiple guys Drfated every year.

I understand that, but we've taken steps to correct it. I think our recruiting has stepped up. Is it where it needs to be? No, but I'll take improvement.

lamont
04-30-2017, 09:27 AM
Just another reminder as to why we went 5-7 in the regular season this year

dawgday166
04-30-2017, 09:28 AM

As you said ... some will never get it. Some expect to win every baseball game yet are fine losing 4 Sec W games every damn year ... regardless.

msstate7
04-30-2017, 09:30 AM
As you said ... some will never get it. Some expect to win every baseball game yet are fine losing 4 Sec W games every damn year ... regardless.

Well if you think miss state baseball and miss state football should be held to the same standard, then you don't get it

dawgday166
04-30-2017, 09:36 AM
Well if you think miss state baseball and miss state football should be held to the same standard, then you don't get it

I don't expect to finish 2nd in the country in football, but 2nd or 3rd as opposed to 5th or 6th in the Sec W most years is doable.

ETA: I can just imagine what our football team would be like and the Mullen press conferences if he had been zapped the same magnitude of injuries Cann has had.

msstate7
04-30-2017, 09:45 AM
I don't expect to finish 2nd in the country in football, but 2nd or 3rd as opposed to 5th or 6th in the Sec W most years is doable.

ETA: I can just imagine what our football team would be like and the Mullen press conferences if he had been zapped the same magnitude of injuries Cann has had.

Care to know where we rank in recruiting budget, coaching pay, and overall football budget in the sec west?

msstate7
04-30-2017, 09:48 AM
but 2nd or 3rd as opposed to 5th or 6th in the Sec W most years is doable..

Show me the year we finished 6th in the west

dawgday166
04-30-2017, 09:51 AM
Show me the year we finished 6th in the west

The last 2 years. When you lose 4 to sec w foes tie-breakers will drop you to 5th or 6th depending on records.

msstate7
04-30-2017, 09:57 AM
The last 2 years. When you lose 4 to sec w foes tie-breakers will drop you to 5th or 6th depending on records.

http://www.secsports.com/article/11145479/sec-divisional-tie-breaker

Tie breakers are for determining who wins a division. You don't use tie breakers to determine 5th place

dawgday166
04-30-2017, 09:59 AM
http://www.secsports.com/article/11145479/sec-divisional-tie-breaker

Tie breakers are for determining who wins a division. You don't use tie breakers to determine 5th place

Ok ... whatever dude if it makes you feel better. We lost the head-to-head against the teams we were tied with. In each listing I looked at it had us 6th in each because of that.

msstate7
04-30-2017, 10:03 AM
Ok ... whatever dude if it makes you feel better. We lost the head-to-head against the teams we were tied with. In each listing I looked at it had us 6th in each because of that.

So what's your plan? Fire Mullen and hire who?

dawgday166
04-30-2017, 10:14 AM
So what's your plan? Fire Mullen and hire who?

I'm waiting to see what happens over next 2 years. Mullen took the last 2 years off and rested on his 2014 season. It seems just a little to me that maybe he's woke back up.

I want to see some brilliant, crisp offense from Dan this year and next (+a kicking game and a hurry up offense). I chime in here cause of the mantra by some that we never have to worry about offense. That just ain't so.

I'm encouraged by the D. Not sure about the O tho ... spring game saw some good and some not so good. At least it wasn't quite the country club atmosphere last year's spring game was.

If it don't turn around ... then I expect Cohen to fix it.

lamont
04-30-2017, 10:28 AM

We actually have a losing SEC record since 1992 in baseball. Many of our fans dont realize we arent the baseball power we think we are

msstate7
04-30-2017, 10:30 AM
We actually have a losing SEC record since 1992 in baseball. Many of our fans dont realize we arent the baseball power we think we are

We have much more potential in baseball, no? What's our sec football record since '92?

Ari Gold
04-30-2017, 10:47 AM
No one on this thread said Fire Mullen. Hell we didn't even say fire Hevesy ( that's just understood) .
The deal is basically 100% of our fan base would say give me 8-4.. 9-3.. hell some years 7-5 be competitve and beat the Shitbirds and we would take it every year.
Thing is we don't pay coaches 6 figures and over 4 million to think that way and settle for that. And if your a coach that has any fire about him you shouldn't want that either. If the staff and players are busting their ass and the results are 7-5 so be it. But if they are half- ass knowing 7-5 gets them another paycheck the next year then its a problem.

Dan should call the coaches in his office and ask them why weren't anymore players drafted from this team? What can we do better to get kids to the league? Why aren't we getting some of these kids that get drafted? Why has only 2 OL been drafted the past 7 years?
Why have 0 WR been drafted?
It's pretty strange that the majority of players over 3/4 of them while CDM has been here have been drafted on the defensive side of the ball... that's actually pretty amazing considering the success we have had on offense the last several years. Just think if we went out and recruited and CLOSED NFL Talented guys on offense what those numbers might be..

Dawg61
04-30-2017, 04:37 PM
No one on this thread said Fire Mullen. Hell we didn't even say fire Hevesy ( that's just understood) .
The deal is basically 100% of our fan base would say give me 8-4.. 9-3.. hell some years 7-5 be competitve and beat the Shitbirds and we would take it every year.
Thing is we don't pay coaches 6 figures and over 4 million to think that way and settle for that. And if your a coach that has any fire about him you shouldn't want that either. If the staff and players are busting their ass and the results are 7-5 so be it. But if they are half- ass knowing 7-5 gets them another paycheck the next year then its a problem.

Dan should call the coaches in his office and ask them why weren't anymore players drafted from this team? What can we do better to get kids to the league? Why aren't we getting some of these kids that get drafted? Why has only 2 OL been drafted the past 7 years?
Why have 0 WR been drafted?
It's pretty strange that the majority of players over 3/4 of them while CDM has been here have been drafted on the defensive side of the ball... that's actually pretty amazing considering the success we have had on offense the last several years. Just think if we went out and recruited and CLOSED NFL Talented guys on offense what those numbers might be..

So despite all of the built-in handicaps that we have as a University in the smallest and poorest state in the SEC and during the same period of time our main in state rival has been cheating at a historical rate Dan Mullen has failed to live up to some of y'alls expectations for him because he determines the market value for his salary which is the lowest in the SEC West. His offense is shitty too even though it's broken every single offensive record of value that was set before he arrived EIGHT TIMES IN EIGHT SEASONS. Oh and he got us to #1 in the mother****ing country for 6 straight weeks too but because this year the NFL only drafted one of his players we should all get in his ass cause he's country **** your mom club lazy.

MetEdDawg
04-30-2017, 05:00 PM
So despite all of the built-in handicaps that we have as a University in the smallest and poorest state in the SEC and during the same period of time our main in state rival has been cheating at a historical rate Dan Mullen has failed to live up to some of y'alls expectations for him because he determines the market value for his salary which is the lowest in the SEC West. His offense is shitty too even though it's broken every single offensive record of value that was set before he arrived EIGHT TIMES IN EIGHT SEASONS. Oh and he got us to #1 in the mother****ing country for 6 straight weeks too but because this year the NFL only drafted one of his players we should all get in his ass cause he's country **** your mom club lazy.

If this is how you feel about us and our current situation, would you support us moving to Conference USA? It seems clear by your statement that we have no prayer of ever competing consistently because our situation will never change. Why don't we just bump down a tier, normalize expectations, and compete for conference championships every year?

Dawg61
04-30-2017, 05:49 PM
If this is how you feel about us and our current situation, would you support us moving to Conference USA? It seems clear by your statement that we have no prayer of ever competing consistently because our situation will never change. Why don't we just bump down a tier, normalize expectations, and compete for conference championships every year?

No thanks I love being in the SEC West. I relish the underdog in us. I don't however just expect SEC Championships and National titles cause I want them. Some of y'all just haven't recovered from us becoming #1 for awhile. You have forgotten who we are and how hard the climb is always going to be for us. Btw Mullen is literally doing the impossible by averaging more wins than C34 said was ever possible for any coach ever at MSU. He put our average wins ceiling at 7 games. Mullen has surpassed that. Now that he has surpassed that though our ceiling has suddenly risen to averaging 9 wins a season despite that being called impossible plus 2 more wins.

Bothrops
04-30-2017, 05:56 PM
We were mediocre over a period of many years since 1992, and were ok with it.

Dawg61
04-30-2017, 06:13 PM
We were mediocre over a period of many years since 1992, and were ok with it.

Were did I say I am ok with being mediocre? I want to win National Championships and SEC Championships just as much as every one of y'all but the difference is I know replacing Mullen with someone else is the dumbest worst possible thing we could do to achieve those championships. If it was easy to win titles everyone would have em.

MetEdDawg
04-30-2017, 06:47 PM
Were did I say I am ok with being mediocre? I want to win National Championships and SEC Championships just as much as every one of y'all but the difference is I know replacing Mullen with someone else is the dumbest worst possible thing we could do to achieve those championships. If it was easy to win titles everyone would have em.

No one wanted Mullen fired. We all wanted more accountability for Mullen based on where we are at in his tenure. Down years are expected. But one 6th round draft pick should NEVER happen. How can a school like ours do that? For al the disadvantages we have, we still should never have fewer draft picks than La Tech or SDSU. We should be minimum putting 3 in the league per year.

Dawg61
04-30-2017, 07:05 PM
No one wanted Mullen fired. We all wanted more accountability for Mullen based on where we are at in his tenure. Down years are expected. But one 6th round draft pick should NEVER happen. How can a school like ours do that? For al the disadvantages we have, we still should never have fewer draft picks than La Tech or SDSU. We should be minimum putting 3 in the league per year.

How could Auburn have back to back years of only 1 player getting drafted the first two years following winning a National Championship? Our program suddenly better than Auburn's now? **** it lets just compare ourselves to Alabama and Ohio State only now. We are a better football program than Auburn obviously.

MetEdDawg
04-30-2017, 07:27 PM
How could Auburn have back to back years of only 1 player getting drafted the first two years following winning a National Championship? Our program suddenly better than Auburn's now? **** it lets just compare ourselves to Alabama and Ohio State only now. We are a better football program than Auburn obviously.

I'll ask you again like I did earlier. Auburn fired their coach that second year. You willing to do the same? Two years in a row of one kid getting drafted means you suck. You willing to say we suck we need a change if only one guy gets drafted? If that happens means we had another bad year.

Dawg61
04-30-2017, 07:30 PM
I'll ask you again like I did earlier. Auburn fired their coach that second year. You willing to do the same? Two years in a row of one kid getting drafted means you suck. You willing to say we suck we need a change if only one guy gets drafted? If that happens means we had another bad year.

Give me a National Championship and we can have this same discussion two years after it

MetEdDawg
04-30-2017, 07:36 PM
Give me a National Championship and we can have this same discussion two years after it

So until then Mullen gets a pass? If his feet aren't held to the fire for the last 8 months we don't make progress. Real time question. How many years of 6-7 with one player drafted would it take for you to fire Mullen. I would like an honest answer.

And I will reiterate. I do not want Mullen fired. Like him a lot. But to let this year pass with no accountability is a failure on our part in my opinion. We weren't prepared to play competitive football consistently. Mullen didn't have the pulse of this team and he said as much with his comment about not realizing how much leadership this team lost from the year before.