PDA

View Full Version : OM@Ark Series and SEC Picture

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-28-2017, 10:01 AM
Looks like they're playing a DH today in anticipation of bad weather Saturday, so that series is done after tonight.

Glancing at the weekend schedule and SEC standings, looks like we need:

- SCar to take the series at home vs KY
- BAMA to do the impossible and win a game at home vs LSU (LSU up 1-0 in series)
- OM to take the series at AR (OM up 1-0 in series)
- MIZZ to take the series at home vs TAMU (not the end of the world if TAMU wins tho)

Am i missing anything?

smootness
04-28-2017, 10:04 AM
Yeah, us to beat Auburn.

Get all those, and we're looking mighty good.

confucius say
04-28-2017, 10:08 AM
We need to create some separation this weekend by taking two. Would put auburn 2 games back if us (really 2.5 bc of tiebreaker). And with ark already losing last night, we could pull away from them another game.

Worst case, we have to get 1 this weekend and will still be at least tied for first in the west.

WSOPdawg
04-28-2017, 10:10 AM
Let's add Georgia taking at least 1 game from Florida as we currently have a 3-game lead on the projected national seed Gators, who sport a dandy 10-8 SEC record. Also let me add that I really despise their head coach after the way he disrespected us after our winning the series last year. He came off as a dick!

confucius say
04-28-2017, 10:15 AM
Why is fla a projected national seed? I heard this last night too and was a little surprised. Announcers were also big on ky being a national seed.

shoeless joe
04-28-2017, 10:16 AM
Let's add Georgia taking at least 1 game from Florida as we currently have a 3-game lead on the projected national seed Gators, who sport a dandy 10-8 SEC record. Also let me add that I really despise their head coach after the way he disrespected us after our winning the series last year. He came off as a dick!

It took that for you to hate him? Hell, how bout the way he acted after barely pulling out the super regional at home in '12 when he had one of the top teams and the country and we had a rag tag group of dirt bag scrappers that were as gritty as the head coach.

He an ass clown and we've actually had some success against them over the years. He's worse than the bitch coaching the cajuns.

msstate7
04-28-2017, 10:24 AM
Why is fla a projected national seed? I heard this last night too and was a little surprised. Announcers were also big on ky being a national seed.

Consensus top 10 team, 7th in rpi, and 7th in SOS.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-28-2017, 10:24 AM
Looks like they're playing a DH today in anticipation of bad weather Saturday, so that series is done after tonight.

Glancing at the weekend schedule and SEC standings, looks like we need:

- SCar to take the series at home vs KY
- BAMA to do the impossible and win a game at home vs LSU (LSU up 1-0 in series)
- OM to take the series at AR (OM up 1-0 in series)
- MIZZ to take the series at home vs TAMU (not the end of the world if TAMU wins tho)

Am i missing anything?

Why is it impossible for Bama to beat LSU? They lost to us by 1 run in all three games. We are better than LSU.

confucius say
04-28-2017, 10:25 AM
It took that for you to hate him? Hell, how bout the way he acted after barely pulling out the super regional at home in '12 when he had one of the top teams and the country and we had a rag tag group of dirt bag scrappers that were as gritty as the head coach.

He an ass clown and we've actually had some success against them over the years. He's worse than the bitch coaching the cajuns.

Don't forget the stunt he pulled earlier this year when losing to Stetson 10-1 in the fifth and didn't tarp the field when a shower came. Grade A prick.

confucius say
04-28-2017, 10:29 AM
Consensus top 10 team, 7th in rpi, and 7th in SOS.

Got ya. Their RPI is higher than I realized. They better clean up that 10-8 sec record though. Their a game away from being 8th in the league.

msstate7
04-28-2017, 10:34 AM
Got ya. Their RPI is higher than I realized. They better clean up that 10-8 sec record though. Their a game away from being 8th in the league.

At Georgia x3
Om x3
At bama x3
Kentucky x3

I think they close out very strong and win sec or come very close. I can't stand them, but I think they have great pitching and the best schedule

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-28-2017, 10:36 AM
Why is it impossible for Bama to beat LSU? They lost to us by 1 run in all three games. We are better than LSU.

They have a 10% chance of winning based on their SEC win%.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii603/langstonjay/sytmtac_zps6qmc3utd.gif (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/langstonjay/media/sytmtac_zps6qmc3utd.gif.html)

confucius say
04-28-2017, 10:41 AM
At Georgia x3
Om x3
At bama x3
Kentucky x3

I think they close out very strong and win sec. I can't stand them, but I think they have great pitching and the best schedule

18-12. Can't hit. Right with ole miss for last in league in hitting. Dead last in slugging. 12th in hr.

WSOPdawg
04-28-2017, 10:43 AM

Winner winner ^^^^

I shoulda said last year was just the latest time he's disrespected us. I agree, he's an ass clown that I probably hate more than any other person in college baseball and have for years.

WSOPdawg
04-28-2017, 10:46 AM
Don't forget the stunt he pulled earlier this year when losing to Stetson 10-1 in the fifth and didn't tarp the field when a shower came. Grade A prick.

whoa, I didn't know that. Did not tarping the field cause the game to be scrubbed, thus eliminating a loss to Stetson? If so, Stetson should lead a campaign encouraging ALL non-conference teams to not schedule these dickheads EVER. Talking about poor sportsmanship.

confucius say
04-28-2017, 10:55 AM
whoa, I didn't know that. Did not tarping the field cause the game to be scrubbed, thus eliminating a loss to Stetson? If so, Stetson should lead a campaign encouraging ALL non-conference teams to not schedule these dickheads EVER. Talking about poor sportsmanship.

Yep. It was ridiculous.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/florida/stetson-mocks-florida-baseball-gators-decline-resume-game-rain/amp

WSOPdawg
04-28-2017, 12:25 PM
Yep. It was ridiculous.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/florida/stetson-mocks-florida-baseball-gators-decline-resume-game-rain/amp

Yep, it I'm Stetson, my days of playing the Gators are over and hopefully their conference members do the same. This should cost O'Sullivan a lot more than a blow-out loss in the long run.

Jack Lambert
04-28-2017, 12:32 PM
If State take care of business they don't need no freaking help. But it would be nice to get some cushion just in case.

msstate7
04-28-2017, 12:40 PM
4-0 OM t2

Todd4State
04-28-2017, 12:42 PM
I think O'Sullivan is overrated as a coach. He has all this talent and it never seems to pan out for them.

shoeless joe
04-28-2017, 01:35 PM
I think O'Sullivan is overrated as a coach. He has all this talent and it never seems to pan out for them.

No doubt

He reminds me of a certain high school coach in MS that has a similar track record...in more ways than one

confucius say
04-28-2017, 02:07 PM

Their weekend rotation are all first rounders. All you need to know

Tbonewannabe
04-28-2017, 02:47 PM

The field wasn't tarped until Stetsons' coaches actually did it. That is the most p$%^y thing I think I have ever heard of in baseball. Worse than Ohio St or whoever it was on that Sunday at the Dude that kept bringing in relievers until they had to leave so the game wasn't official.

CadaverDawg
04-28-2017, 02:50 PM
OM bout to win the series with Ark. Up 4-1 going to the 9th

WSOPdawg
04-28-2017, 03:03 PM
The field wasn't tarped until Stetsons' coaches actually did it. That is the most p$%^y thing I think I have ever heard of in baseball. Worse than Ohio St or whoever it was on that Sunday at the Dude that kept bringing in relievers until they had to leave so the game wasn't official.

yeah, that was a while back and we haven't let Ohio St sniff our schedule since.

msstate7
04-28-2017, 03:11 PM
OM bout to win the series with Ark. Up 4-1 going to the 9th

Good

msstate7
04-28-2017, 04:18 PM
Om up 2-0 t2 in game 3

I'm enjoying wes johnson's staff get slapped around by a bad offensive team

Tbonewannabe
04-28-2017, 04:24 PM
yeah, that was a while back and we haven't let Ohio St sniff our schedule since.

Yes, I remember booing the shit out of them. It seems like it was literally down to a few minutes to prevent the game from being official. Complete bush league bullshit.

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-28-2017, 04:34 PM
Om up 2-0 t2 in game 3

I'm enjoying wes johnson's staff get slapped around by a bad offensive team

This exact thought went through my mind. OM 3-0 now Bot2

MarketingBully
04-28-2017, 04:52 PM
At Georgia x3
Om x3
At bama x3
Kentucky x3

I think they close out very strong and win sec or come very close. I can't stand them, but I think they have great pitching and the best schedule

We could very well go 8-4 and the Gators to tie us would have to go 11-1 down the stretch. I don't see that happening. We do have to take care of business this weekend but I think we can take 2 out of 3 from Auburn at our place. If that happens, I'd say we would be in the driver's seat to win the conference.

Mobile Bay
04-28-2017, 05:09 PM

What was the story there? I don't know that one.

ScoobaDawg
04-28-2017, 05:13 PM
Bears still up 3 to 2 in top 5th.

Either way. sweep or wining series was a nice surprise and could help us if we do the same this weekend.

ScoobaDawg
04-28-2017, 06:04 PM
Bears tied it back up 4-4 mid 7th