PDA

View Full Version : Nfl draft

msstate7
04-27-2017, 07:24 PM
Wow... bears trade a lot to move up and get Mitch trubisky. Dumb

lamont
04-27-2017, 07:40 PM
This is a shitty draft. Half the 1st round will be 2nd-3rd round talent.

Love Fournette at 4 tho. He is an animal

msstate7
04-27-2017, 07:44 PM

I'm happy a qb was taken before 11... pushes a better player down to the saints at 11. Very happy LF isn't gonna be at Carolina

BrunswickDawg
04-27-2017, 08:07 PM

But he's going to the Jags - so he will either have a career ending injury, get busted for something illegal repeatedly, or just be terrible. #Ihavenofaithinmylocalteam

Irondawg
04-27-2017, 08:33 PM
Good pick by the Saints. I'd consider trading up for Allen if you can find a taker and he keeps slipping

msstate7
04-27-2017, 08:33 PM
Good pick by the Saints. I'd consider trading up for Allen if you can find a taker and he keeps slipping

Hoping foster falls to 32

Irondawg
04-27-2017, 08:37 PM
It might could move up to 20s and grab him. Don't think he's falling to 32

Irondawg
04-27-2017, 08:42 PM
Amazing to see what Dak is making NFL GMs do in this draft. I just don't see Mahkmes turning into anything and very skeptical of Watson in the NFL but we will see

msstate7
04-27-2017, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't trade up. I think there will be good players there at 32 and 42

Gutter Cobreh
04-27-2017, 08:55 PM
Amazing to see what Dak is making NFL GMs do in this draft. I just don't see Mahkmes turning into anything and very skeptical of Watson in the NFL but we will see

Watson will be a very good NFL QB. He's smart and set up for immediate success in Houston.

Irondawg
04-27-2017, 09:02 PM
Watson will be a very good NFL QB. He's smart and set up for immediate success in Houston.

I like that he's a gamer but he threw 17 picks last year and that's not against NFL defenses.

WSOPdawg
04-27-2017, 09:02 PM
Lattimore to the Saints was good as he fell with all the offensive players being selected. He has quite an injury history and I wonder if there was that big of a drop-off from him to Marlon Humphrey. Good pick for the Saints as they gotta improve their D.

vv83
04-27-2017, 09:10 PM
How is Humphrey draft eligible? I feel like he was being recruited by us not to long ago

WSOPdawg
04-27-2017, 09:13 PM
And the Ravens tab Humphrey with the next pick following the Saints. I know, it seems like just a year or so ago we lost him (even though we were never really in it) to Bama. But he is a junior as he pretty much started his freshman year because Bama had a ton of injuries.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-27-2017, 09:16 PM
And the Ravens tab Humphrey with the next pick following the Saints. I know, it seems like just a year or so ago we lost him (even though we were never really in it) to Bama. But he is a junior as he pretty much started his freshman year because Bama had a ton of injuries.

Humphrey is a redshirt sophomore

WSOPdawg
04-27-2017, 09:17 PM
On a side note, Jon Gruden making Mel Kiper look somewhat dumb as they call the upcoming picks.

Dallas_Dawg
04-27-2017, 09:18 PM
Gotta love those Jonathan Allen highlights of him making Rufus look like a doofus

msstate7
04-27-2017, 09:22 PM
Can I dream that oj Howard or Reuben foster drop to 32?

RougeDawg
04-27-2017, 09:28 PM
How is Humphrey draft eligible? I feel like he was being recruited by us not to long ago

Another one that slipped away and got picked first round. We have to start landing some of these guys to take the next step.

msstate7
04-27-2017, 09:32 PM
Another one that slipped away and got picked first round. We have to start landing some of these guys to take the next step.

Slipped away? He was bobby humphrey's son... urban Meyer would've had no shot, much less us. He made us feel good, but he wasn't ever going anywhere but Tuscaloosa

RougeDawg
04-27-2017, 10:01 PM
Slipped away? He was bobby humphrey's son... urban Meyer would've had no shot, much less us. He made us feel good, but he wasn't ever going anywhere but Tuscaloosa

So how many of these "feel good" guys are you willing to watch before you get aggravated? MCKenzie last year. Humphrey this year. The list is long.

Or why do we even waste our time recruiting these caliber guys? You can't land any of you don't recruit them. So do we pull the poor ole MSU attitude and rarely go after a 4 star guy and stick to our majority 3 star guys, because we have no chance at out of state 5 star guys. Perceptions are based on reality and until we fully believe we can start landing 5 star guys outside of an 80 mile radius, the perception of those guys outside that 80 miles will remain the same.

RougeDawg
04-27-2017, 10:02 PM
Gotta say the giants just wasted a pick. Engram is Not even a 3rd-4th round pick.

Maroons
04-27-2017, 10:10 PM
So how many of these "feel good" guys are you willing to watch before you get aggravated? MCKenzie last year. Humphrey this year. The list is long.

Or why do we even waste our time recruiting these caliber guys? You can't land any of you don't recruit them. So do we pull the poor ole MSU attitude and rarely go after a 4 star guy and stick to our majority 3 star guys, because we have no chance at out of state 5 star guys. Perceptions are based on reality and until we fully believe we can start landing 5 star guys outside of an 80 mile radius, the perception of those guys outside that 80 miles will remain the same.

You're aggrevated because we didn't get a 5* UA legacy from the state of Alabama while Nick Saban is the Head Coach???

SMH...

msstate7
04-27-2017, 10:18 PM
Is foster gonna be there for the saints? If the saints get him, they'll have landed the highest rated CB and LB in the draft. Shouldn't get my hopes up...

msstate7
04-27-2017, 10:23 PM
Solid pick by cowboys. Like taco

SDDawg
04-27-2017, 10:29 PM
Worst draft in years. Bears and Giants are competing for worst move in the 1st round right now though. WOW those are some terrible picks.

msstate7
04-27-2017, 10:32 PM
I'm with TJ watt, zach Cunningham, Reuben foster, or dalvin cook at 32

WSOPdawg
04-27-2017, 10:42 PM
Worst draft in years. Bears and Giants are competing for worst move in the 1st round right now though. WOW those are some terrible picks.

I have to agree. The Bears pretty much shit the bed when they made that trade by getting rid of 3 picks to move up 1 spot. I'd hate to be a Bear fan right now.

Irondawg
04-27-2017, 10:43 PM
49ers I think just stole from the Saints.

I'm not sure about Taco for the cowboys even though I love the name. Thought watt may have been better

Irondawg
04-27-2017, 10:47 PM
Well that was a tad surprising from the Saints.

msstate7
04-27-2017, 10:51 PM
Well that was a tad surprising from the Saints.

Yeah.

Wonder if we go de (Tim Williams/walker), rb (cook/mixon), zach Cunningham, or who at 42

parabrave
04-27-2017, 11:36 PM
Micky Loomis/Sean Payton Draft MO draft the highest rated player available.

smootness
04-28-2017, 04:28 AM

You usually start getting in the game for these guys more and more before you actually start landing them. We've gone from never being in it for them to having a legit shot or falling just short on several...and you think that's a bad thing? These things don't happen overnight, this is actually a good sign for us.

msstate7
04-28-2017, 06:37 AM
Micky Loomis/Sean Payton Draft MO draft the highest rated player available.

I was perplexed with the move last night, but I'm liking it more now. We got top rated CB and OT in the draft.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-28-2017, 06:53 AM
I was perplexed with the move last night, but I'm liking it more now. We got top rated CB and OT in the draft.

Agreed. I'm more satisfied with the pick after I slept on it. Was hoping for Reuben Foster though.

msstate7
04-28-2017, 06:58 AM
Agreed. I'm more satisfied with the pick after I slept on it. Was hoping for Reuben Foster though.
Fricking bears... traded up to get trubisky (lol) and the 49ers used that extra pick to move up for foster.

CarolinaDawgs
04-28-2017, 07:00 AM

And he made a 20 on the wonderlic lets chill on the smart talk.

msstate7
04-28-2017, 07:03 AM
I've changed my mind on engram. I think he's gonna be a good pro. The giants' gm seriously may have hyperextended his elbow with how far he reached there though.

CarolinaDawgs
04-28-2017, 07:06 AM
I've changed my mind on engram. I think he's gonna be a good pro. The giants' gm seriously may have hyperextended his elbow with how far he reached there though.

Msstate I dont disagree, I just dont know what position he is gonna play.

Irondawg
04-28-2017, 07:22 AM
Fricking bears... traded up to get trubisky (lol) and the 49ers used that extra pick to move up for foster.

Ah forgot about that. Stupid bears. intersting star I saw on Foster though. He didn't force a turnover his whole career

WinningIsRelentless
04-28-2017, 07:38 AM
Msstate I dont disagree, I just dont know what position he is gonna play.

Engram will be a hell of a pro and had first round measurables. I'll give the gm props for making a pick like that.

Now Chicago gm should be fire for getting Mr. I like kissing titties.

Bubb Rubb
04-28-2017, 08:02 AM
Engram will be a hell of a pro and had first round measurables. I'll give the gm props for making a pick like that.

Now Chicago gm should be fire for getting Mr. I like kissing titties.

I don't see it, and not because he went to Ole Miss. He isn't big enough to be a tight end in the league, and he isn't fast enough to be a WR.

WinningIsRelentless
04-28-2017, 08:10 AM
I don't see it, and not because he went to Ole Miss. He isn't big enough to be a tight end in the league, and he isn't fast enough to be a WR.

6'3 235 4.42 40. Yea the kid can play and play at a high level in the NFL. You are going to see the giants put him in formations to be matched with a lb.

Tbonewannabe
04-28-2017, 08:41 AM

Didn't Bama slow play him and that is why we were in the picture? Seems like we were #2 but he was waiting on a Bama offer or just wanting Bama to "show more love".

Tbonewannabe
04-28-2017, 08:48 AM

He is fast enough at 4.4 - 4.5 speed. He is probably going to be more of a slot mismatch guy than an outside WR. He isn't a good enough blocker to be a true TE but he is going to help Beckham Jr. They still could have gotten him in the 2nd round though. A good bit of defensive talent is going to come off the board in Round 2.

CarolinaDawgs
04-28-2017, 08:54 AM
He is fast enough at 4.4 - 4.5 speed. He is probably going to be more of a slot mismatch guy than an outside WR. He isn't a good enough blocker to be a true TE but he is going to help Beckham Jr. They still could have gotten him in the 2nd round though. A good bit of defensive talent is going to come off the board in Round 2.

Not to be a dick, but his 40 is faster than ODB. and hes about 4 inches taller. Dude could play outside the numbers imo, cause he aint blocking shit.

tcdog70
04-28-2017, 11:15 AM

Jerry Rice ran a 4.6--just saying.

Tbonewannabe
04-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Jerry Rice ran a 4.6--just saying.

Jerry Rice also was the best route runner in the history of football.

MetEdDawg
04-28-2017, 12:14 PM
I understand the hate by folks for Engram because he went to OM, but he's by far the most NFL ready talent on their roster in the last 5 years. He runs good routes, he has well above average speed, he's got height, and he catches the football.

I can get the hate for him being from OM, but the kid will do well at the next level. I will say he makes more Pro Bowls than Tunsil, Nkemdiche, and Treadwell put together.

Gutter Cobreh
04-28-2017, 01:39 PM
And he made a 20 on the wonderlic lets chill on the smart talk.

I'll rephrase, even though I think the wonderlic is bogus, and state that Watson is at least articulate when he speaks.

There are intangibles when evaluating QBs that can't be measured. I think Watson has qualities that will help him be successful. The one big help he'll get right out of the gate is that he will be surrounded by talent. Prescott would have sucked last year had he been on the Browns. He was surrounded by talent, which only helped him to succeed. It wasn't the only reason, but it sure helps!

TUSK
04-28-2017, 01:47 PM
Didn't Bama slow play him and that is why we were in the picture? Seems like we were #2 but he was waiting on a Bama offer or just wanting Bama to "show more love".

TBone, I have the memory of a largemouth bass, but I seem to recall Marlon as a 5 Star type, and maybe a top 10-20 Ntnl guy...

MDL is picky, but not THAT picky... I think, perhaps, the kid was just "enjoying the process (recruitment)"....

Tbonewannabe
04-28-2017, 02:27 PM
TBone, I have the memory of a largemouth bass, but I seem to recall Marlon as a 5 Star type, and maybe a top 10-20 Ntnl guy...

MDL is picky, but not THAT picky... I think, perhaps, the kid was just "enjoying the process (recruitment)"....

It certainly could be just getting some free trips. I didn't remember if it was an issue of Bama looking at the #1 CB and only taking either/or. I am getting old so I might just be making some shit up in my head.

CarolinaDawgs
04-28-2017, 02:39 PM
I'll rephrase, even though I think the wonderlic is bogus, and state that Watson is at least articulate when he speaks.

There are intangibles when evaluating QBs that can't be measured. I think Watson has qualities that will help him be successful. The one big help he'll get right out of the gate is that he will be surrounded by talent. Prescott would have sucked last year had he been on the Browns. He was surrounded by talent, which only helped him to succeed. It wasn't the only reason, but it sure helps!

I agree with that, but the only Super Bowl winning QBs playing in the league have an average of 30.7 on wonderlic. Cant be that bogus.

Gutter Cobreh
04-28-2017, 04:54 PM
I agree with that, but the only Super Bowl winning QBs playing in the league have an average of 30.7 on wonderlic. Cant be that bogus.

I'll concede that they may have a reason, but there are outliers:

Terry Bradshaw - 16
Dan Marino - 16
Jim Kelly - 15
Wayne Madkin - 14 (HA! - had to include)

http://wonderlictestsample.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/

Dak Presott - 25
Chad Kelly - 22 (not sure how! - must have been high when he took it)

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/04/25/wonderlic-scores-revealed-nfl-draft-prospects-myles-garrett-patrick-mahomes