PDA

View Full Version : HEARD FROM VERY HIGH PLACED SOURCE...

Reunion Dog
04-26-2017, 09:30 PM
THAT THE NCAA HIT THE CONFEDERATES AGAIN ON FRIDAY....

WSOPdawg
04-26-2017, 09:32 PM

Noooooo-o-o-o-o-o, surely they're not STILL making mistakes?

Please, please, please let this be true.

msstate7
It'd be cool if true, but what's the point? The NCAA doesn't need more to bury OM

missouridawg
This is good news.

WSOPdawg
04-26-2017, 09:33 PM
It'd be cool if true, but what's the point? The NCAA doesn't need more to bury OM

If true, D E A T H P E N A L T Y ! ! !

Please, please, please let this be true.

ShotgunDawg
04-26-2017, 09:35 PM

This

It's kind of like Aaron Hernandez's 2nd trial. He was already in prison for life. Sure the 2nd trail is due delligence, but it didn't really matter.

msstate7
04-26-2017, 09:37 PM
If it is true, does this delay the COI hearing again?

WSOPdawg
04-26-2017, 09:38 PM
If it is true, does this delay the COI hearing again?

those sneaky bastards!!!

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-26-2017, 09:46 PM
We talkin bout NOA3 here??

JoseBrown
04-26-2017, 09:48 PM
I've heard from a very high source it wouldn't be unexpected if it happens... 17 those shitbirds!

JDog13
04-26-2017, 09:57 PM
It's true. They've been ratted out by a recruit with proof post noa2.

99jc
04-26-2017, 10:03 PM

Few months. They r 17'd.....thank u Herron gear.you shitbirds.

Red Sox Dawg
04-26-2017, 10:03 PM
Brilliant strategy! Keep cheating, keep delaying!

Reason2succeed
04-26-2017, 10:15 PM
If the NCAA doesn't give them a DP I will admit that they never will give it to any program again.

msstate7
04-26-2017, 10:18 PM
With all the trouble OM is facing and knowing they won't be able to recruit the same going forward, why did they self impose a bowl ban this year? This year was their last shot to actually do anything considering they have some talent still on the roster.

ShotgunDawg
04-26-2017, 10:18 PM
Is this an official Elitedawgs rumor?

Bothrops
04-26-2017, 10:43 PM
Permanent closure of football program.

BeardoMSU
04-26-2017, 10:46 PM
Over/under how many OM admins/coaches are forced to commit seppuku?
https://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4hfh31Jzy1qlh9eeo1_500.gif

somebodyshotmypaw
04-26-2017, 10:50 PM
Oxford, MS 2053: Today the University of Mississippi received a 47th Amendment to the Notice of Allegations from the NCAA. The university now will hopefully go in front of the Committee on Infractions in the coming year where they will have to answer for the unprecedented 71,312 Level I violations. "Mistakes were made", says head coach Beauregard "Little Beaver" Freeze, son of legendary coach Hugh Freeze. "This university never received punishment during my dad's tenure because he would never quit cheating long enough for the NCAA to actually close the case. Maybe soon it will come to a conclusion."

Sources from within the NCAA say that Ole Miss may never get punished. "The NCAA could file bankruptcy soon and be dissolved. The financial resources they have spent trying to keep pace with such an elaborate cheating system in Oxford have depleted NCAA funds" according to one source. The source goes on to say that the cheating was unlike anything the NCAA had ever witnessed. "Prostitutes for players, cars, cash, were freely given away. Coach Freeze was even given 6000 feet of dental floss in direct violation of NCAA rules". The NCAA could not be reached for comment.

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-26-2017, 10:53 PM
Permanent closure of football program.

Shirley you jest

CadaverDawg
04-26-2017, 11:00 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1nyyzp.jpg

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-26-2017, 11:07 PM
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii603/langstonjay/Mobile%20Uploads/83BFED02-B408-48AE-BF76-DF932CBE7018_zpsh8roltym.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/langstonjay/media/Mobile%20Uploads/83BFED02-B408-48AE-BF76-DF932CBE7018_zpsh8roltym.jpg.html)

Chip
04-26-2017, 11:09 PM
Teef on crying Jordan made me LOL

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-26-2017, 11:10 PM
Teef on crying Jordan made me LOL

I used hey hughs actual front teeth

BeardoMSU
04-26-2017, 11:23 PM
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii603/langstonjay/Mobile%20Uploads/83BFED02-B408-48AE-BF76-DF932CBE7018_zpsh8roltym.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/langstonjay/media/Mobile%20Uploads/83BFED02-B408-48AE-BF76-DF932CBE7018_zpsh8roltym.jpg.html)

Mother. Of. God.

Can we get an admin to post this somewhere on the main page?

HSVDawg
04-26-2017, 11:52 PM

Ratted out by what recruits? Do they even have any?

BeardoMSU
04-27-2017, 12:04 AM

A 1-star FB from Gautier was offered a bucket of brackish water and two ounces of scag weed just to visit the campus***

I seen it dawg
04-27-2017, 06:13 AM

Huh? What's the point? Damn dude

I seen it dawg
04-27-2017, 06:15 AM
Oxford, MS 2053: Today the University of Mississippi received a 47th Amendment to the Notice of Allegations from the NCAA. The university now will hopefully go in front of the Committee on Infractions in the coming year where they will have to answer for the unprecedented 71,312 Level I violations. "Mistakes were made", says head coach Beauregard "Little Beaver" Freeze, son of legendary coach Hugh Freeze. "This university never received punishment during my dad's tenure because he would never quit cheating long enough for the NCAA to actually close the case. Maybe soon it will come to a conclusion."

Sources from within the NCAA say that Ole Miss may never get punished. "The NCAA could file bankruptcy soon and be dissolved. The financial resources they have spent trying to keep pace with such an elaborate cheating system in Oxford have depleted NCAA funds" according to one source. The source goes on to say that the cheating was unlike anything the NCAA had ever witnessed. "Prostitutes for players, cars, cash, were freely given away. Coach Freeze was even given 6000 feet of dental floss in direct violation of NCAA rules". The NCAA could not be reached for comment.

This deserves that clapping thing

lamont
04-27-2017, 06:20 AM
Hearing this is from the 2017 class. They are working hard toward the death penalty now.

Technetium
04-27-2017, 06:24 AM
People who are hearing the rumors:

What is your confidence rating in the rumor being true? While I love these rumors, I don't want to get my hopes up for complete program destruction if this rumor has a low confidence value...

lamont
04-27-2017, 06:32 AM
People who are hearing the rumors:

What is your confidence rating in the rumor being true? While I love these rumors, I don't want to get my hopes up for complete program destruction if this rumor has a low confidence value...

confidence level extremely high

Mobile Bay
04-27-2017, 07:01 AM

That would get them repeat offender status, a necessary precursor to the death penalty.

Buddy
04-27-2017, 07:15 AM
That would get them repeat offender status, a necessary precursor to the death penalty.

How so? I thought the program had to be under probation at the time of the new violations to be considered a repeat offender.

starkvegasdawg
04-27-2017, 07:16 AM
Hearing this is from the 2017 class. They are working hard toward the death penalty now.

If they were dumb enough, brazen enough, and egotistical enough to keep cheating after being given two NOA's then I dont know what to tell you. That's bordering on being mentally psychotic and really truly thinking the laws and rules are beneath you. I've said it before as have others...the ONLY thing that will stop them from cheating in football is not to have a program to cheat for. It's so obvious now that Ray Charles could see if they're allowed to field a team they will cheat.

lamont
04-27-2017, 07:19 AM
How so? I thought the program had to be under probation at the time of the new violations to be considered a repeat offender.

They are on probation already in women's basketball and track. That's all you need for repeat offender

msstate7
04-27-2017, 07:24 AM
If they were dumb enough, brazen enough, and egotistical enough to keep cheating after being given two NOA's then I dont know what to tell you. That's bordering on being mentally psychotic and really truly thinking the laws and rules are beneath you. I've said it before as have others...the ONLY thing that will stop them from cheating in football is not to have a program to cheat for. It's so obvious now that Ray Charles could see if they're allowed to field a team they will cheat.

Maybe they're entering an insanity plea as part of their amazing response

Political Hack
04-27-2017, 07:25 AM
The NCAA has stuff from the 2017 class. That's been known. It also wasn't mentioned in the 2nd NOA. Because of that, I've thought for some time that either 1) the NCAA was using the 2017 class to corroborate past allegations but not bringing new allegations forward, or 2) they were going to get popped yet again with another NOA.

I guess we all know the answer now. I've heard two recruits specifically mentioned in the rumors, so it could be more than one incident too. If what's been said is true, I'd expect at least two more level one violations and further evidence of LOIC and failure to monitor.

Dawgology
04-27-2017, 07:27 AM

And the NCAA sees this. The SEC sees this also.

Ari Gold
04-27-2017, 07:27 AM
Once Mississippi gets the boot from the SEC , lands in the American Athletic Conference and no longer a P5 we should schedule them like La Tech or Umass . 2 for 1
Or better yet just say **** them. We play USM final game of the season

Negative Waves
04-27-2017, 07:29 AM
If this is true, will the NCAA go on and schedule the COI for Oxford Junior College for the first and amended NOA and then have another one for the 2nd NOA? The NCAA has to be going for the death penalty if they received another letter. I think the blatant non-stop cheating while being investigated will cause the COI to seriously consider it.

Ari Gold
04-27-2017, 07:29 AM
The NCAA has stuff from the 2017 class. That's been known. It also wasn't mentioned in the 2nd NOA. Because of that, I've thought for some time that either 1) the NCAA was using the 2017 class to corroborate past allegations but not bringing new allegations forward, or 2) they were going to get popped yet again with another NOA.

I guess we all know the answer now. I've heard two recruits specifically mentioned in the rumors, so it could be more than one incident too. If what's been said is true, I'd expect at least two more level one violations and further evidence of LOIC and failure to monitor.

True.... They were in Starkville Last fall / winter. And it wasn't just about AJ or Kobe.

msstate7
04-27-2017, 07:32 AM
If this is true, will the NCAA go on and schedule the COI for Oxford Junior College for the first and amended NOA and then have another one for the 2nd NOA? The NCAA has to be going for the death penalty if they received another letter. I think the blatant non-stop cheating while being investigated will cause the COI to seriously consider it.

This past NOA/addendum was infractions that occurred while the NCAA was living in oxford. The NCAA needs to go ahead and wrap up the first part. I wanna see rats jumping ship.

Buddy
04-27-2017, 07:37 AM
They are on probation already in women's basketball and track. That's all you need for repeat offender

If this is true, then the 2nd NOA that they received in February has already put them under repeat offender status.

Political Hack
04-27-2017, 08:09 AM
If you're a double repeat offender, they cancel each other out like a double negative.

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-27-2017, 08:10 AM
If this is true, then the 2nd NOA that they received in February has already put them under repeat offender status.

Not necessarily. It would likely depend on the date of the allegation

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-27-2017, 08:21 AM

a third letter?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-27-2017, 08:23 AM

If a criminal is charged with a crime but hasnt went to trial yet, can they be a repeat offender if they commit another crime?

MadDawg
04-27-2017, 08:32 AM
This is a good thing. This will give them yet another opportunity to "tell their story".

Holy 17.

WSOPdawg
04-27-2017, 08:36 AM

By "they", I assume you mean the NCAA is working hard toward the death penalty now, and not TCUN is working toward the death penalty if the cheating doesn't stop.

starkvegasdawg
04-27-2017, 08:39 AM
If you're a double repeat offender, they cancel each other out like a double negative.

You just cracked the bear mindset. A negative times a negative equals a positive. That's why they keep saying all this is a good thing when violations just keep multiplying out of nowhere.

Mjoelner34
04-27-2017, 08:42 AM
If a criminal is charged with a crime but hasnt went to trial yet, can they be a repeat offender if they commit another crime?

The only time I've heard of something like that was when this girl I knew got popped for DUI 1st. She got popped again before her court date so she got charged with 2 counts of DUI 1st.

Mobile Bay
04-27-2017, 08:42 AM
Once Mississippi gets the boot from the SEC , lands in the American Athletic Conference and no longer a P5 we should schedule them like La Tech or Umass . 2 for 1
Or better yet just say **** them. We play USM final game of the season

Move the LSU game to last and tell the shitbirds they were always our real rival.

DancingRabbit
04-27-2017, 08:47 AM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/NQiwvr5RrzU6YBfDXJ91TDpukJU=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6999295/FreezeNCAAArrest.jpg

TrapGame
04-27-2017, 08:49 AM
If the NCAA doesn't give them a DP I will admit that they never will give it to any program again.

Yep, they are showing the NCAA that anything short of the death penalty will not stop them from cheating.

ShotgunDawg
04-27-2017, 08:55 AM
Now it appears that David Johnson has resorted to lying to his flock. These people are absolutely ridiculous & fail to observe any evidence. It's like a pitcher that blew out his elbow going to 8 different doctors in an effort to find the one that will tell him what he wants to hear. "you don't need surgery"

http://i.imgur.com/hDvGqDS.jpg

GreenheadDawg
04-27-2017, 08:58 AM
If they truly believe that a one year bowl ban is the worst thing they could happen then they are just too stupid to insult

justwin
04-27-2017, 08:59 AM

DD

ShotgunDawg
04-27-2017, 09:03 AM
DD

Wait, wait, wait

Is he trying to get a release from his LOI?

Tbonewannabe
04-27-2017, 09:11 AM
If they truly believe that a one year bowl ban is the worst thing they could happen then they are just too stupid to insult

We could probably get a lot of bad publicity for making fun of the mentally retarded.

gtowndawg
04-27-2017, 09:15 AM
They've just gone full heel at this point

Bodawg
04-27-2017, 09:41 AM
Seems the best thing the NCAA should do is just shut the program down. They are literally out of control. This is beyond SMU madness.

BulldogBear
04-27-2017, 09:46 AM
Seems the best thing the NCAA should do is just shut the program down. They are literally out of control. This is beyond SMU madness.

Yep. I've said it before. Starkvegas has said it before. And others also I'm sure.

THE only way those sheit hawks will stop paying/bribing recruits is if there is no football program to pay/bribe recruits to play for. It's time to shut it down. Then shut watch closely and shut it down again in ten years or so when they miraculously come back way too quickly. Rinse repeat. Give that program the death penalty 1-2 times a decade till they get the message.

ETA: And vacate all wins. Make it so they go 0-12 every season they are not on DP. They want to be in the record books. So be it. They wanted to be the talk of college football. Ask and ye shall receive.

Political Hack
04-27-2017, 09:51 AM
Yep. I've said it before. Starkvegas has said it before. And others also I'm sure.

THE only way those sheit hawks will stop paying/bribing recruits is if there is no football program to pay/bribe recruits to play for. It's time to shut it down. Then shut watch closely and shut it down again in ten years or so when they miraculously come back way too quickly. Rinse repeat. Give that program the death penalty 1-2 times a decade till they get the message.

And vacate all wins. Make it so they go 0-12 every season they are not on DP. They want to be in the record books. So be it. They wanted to be too he took heal of college football. Ask nd ye shall receive.

I'll just be happy when State folks don't feel "threatened to cheat" anymore because they don't have to compete with OM's antics when recruiting MS kids. A lot of people don't realize it, but if OM, Auburn, and TN would clean it up the cheating level in the SEC would be next to nothing. No more pressure to keep up with the Jones's. Playing in the SEC has enough benefits. All the cheating occurs because SEC school X is trying to outrecruit SEC school Y. End that and 90%+ of the major cheating would go away.

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2017, 10:11 AM

Anything that happened after track and w basketball went on probation comes under the repeat offender clause. It doesn't matter what the sport is. I feel almost certain that's why the NCAA spilt them off from football, to get UM football under the repeat offender clause.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-27-2017, 10:13 AM
Anything that happened after track and w basketball went on probation comes under the repeat offender clause. It doesn't matter what the sport is. I feel almost certain that's why the NCAA spilt them off from football, to get UM football under the repeat offender clause.

Let's hope so.

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2017, 10:20 AM
Let's hope so.

There is no hope so too it. That's how it works. It's the violation date though, not the NOA. If a violation in any sport occurs when one sport is on probation the repeat offender clause applies.

AlSwearengen
04-27-2017, 10:29 AM
the 2017 class is going to be in the back of ole miss' minds for a long time, or at least until they come off of probation. We know the ncaa found things on that class. The question for the rebels is, what do they decide to do with it?

Just remember this about the 2017 class. They had several highly rated players committed that all jumped ship in rapid succession. I guarantee they didn't do this because of "rumors" of possible ncaa trouble. Hell, Hugh was telling all of the recruits that it wasn't going to be much. Either the ncaa got to the recruits or the olemiss bagmen backed out of their previous arrangements. Either one is not good for olemiss.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-27-2017, 10:42 AM
There is no hope so too it. That's how it works. It's the violation date though, not the NOA. If a violation in any sport occurs when one sport is on probation the repeat offender clause applies.

I was referring to the second part of your comment. The one where you said you were "almost certain"

32 Dive
04-27-2017, 10:46 AM
Could this be a(nother) case of, "As long as Hugh Freeze is the HC in Oxford, the NCAA will keep piling on"?

I don't mean that in a "NCAA is being unfair" kind of way, but as in "UM is giving us no choice but to keep investigating..."

gravedigger
04-27-2017, 10:57 AM

Maybe. I hear everyone referring to it as a second NOA but I've seen nothing official calling it that. It could be an amended 1st and not subject to repeat offender. That said, if something outside that has been found, I'm under the impression that it won't matter either way. The NCAA will see it as unmitigated arrogance and punish just the same.

My instinct says the NCAA would actually prefer to give them penalties that extend the timeframe in order to be able to come back again if necessary. If the death penalty is used, the NCAA might look like a villain. Probably will be able to attain the same results without the stigma of the term.

starkvegasdawg
04-27-2017, 11:00 AM
We could probably get a lot of bad publicity for making fun of the mentally retarded.

What did they ever do to you to be compared to tsun fans?

Technetium
04-27-2017, 11:01 AM
"The question for the rebels is, what do they decide to do with it?"

I don't understand this type of question about it. Unless the current allegations will, by themselves, result in the death penalty, the NCAA has every incentive to keep investigating and tacking on additional penalty-causing allegations when they find more evidence. Failing to do so tells other schools that there is a upper limit to how far the NCAA is willing to go, and so continuing to cheat during an investigation has a predictable and capped/limited risk.

Jack Lambert
04-27-2017, 11:08 AM
This is good news.

Yep drag it out another year.

Jack Lambert
04-27-2017, 11:13 AM
You just cracked the bear mindset. A negative times a negative equals a positive. That's why they keep saying all this is a good thing when violations just keep multiplying out of nowhere.

So, two wrongs don't make a right but three would?

confucius say
04-27-2017, 11:18 AM
Could this be a(nother) case of, "As long as Hugh Freeze is the HC in Oxford, the NCAA will keep piling on"?

I don't mean that in a "NCAA is being unfair" kind of way, but as in "UM is giving us no choice but to keep investigating..."

I don't believe the NCAA will be satisfied until freeze is either terminated or show caused. Ole miss people say that's a witch hunt. I say the NCAA just wants him out bc they know what has happened during his tenure and believe he is either complicit or incompetent.

ETA: om would be much better off if they would let freeze go. No foresight on their part.

Dawg61
04-27-2017, 11:26 AM
I don't believe the NCAA will be satisfied until freeze is either terminated or show caused. Ole miss people say that's a witch hunt. I say the NCAA just wants him out bc they know what has happened during his tenure and believe he is either complicit or incompetent.

ETA: om would be much better off if they would let freeze go. No foresight on their part.

Freeze knows where all the dead bodies are stored. He put half of them there himself. Old Misses can't fire him they need him to step down voluntarily or be given a show cause by the NCAA so he won't draw a map to the bodies for the NCAA to find them. Maybe this is why they keep cheating so somebody will do something about Freezus that isn't them. Can't be them or he sings like a shitbird.

Bothrops
04-27-2017, 11:46 AM
This is good news.

+10

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2017, 12:01 PM
I was referring to the second part of your comment. The one where you said you were "almost certain"

Sorry, gotcha.

LockeDawg
04-27-2017, 12:02 PM
This past NOA/addendum was infractions that occurred while the NCAA was living in oxford. The NCAA needs to go ahead and wrap up the first part. I wanna see rats jumping ship.IMO, the NCAA dragging this out even longer is directly counter to the purpose of the NCAA to protect and support student-athletes. The NCAA should move rapidly and let these kids transfer out, holding them hostage on a sinking ship is just wrong on so many fronts.

louisvilledawg
04-27-2017, 12:10 PM
IMO, the NCAA dragging this out even longer is directly counter to the purpose of the NCAA to protect and support student-athletes. The NCAA should move rapidly and let these kids transfer out, holding them hostage on a sinking ship is just wrong on so many fronts.

No sympathy for them knowingly jumping into a sinking ship.

Saltydog
04-27-2017, 12:13 PM
Plus another year added on to it, at least........

LockeDawg
04-27-2017, 12:17 PM
No sympathy for them knowingly jumping into a sinking ship.
They are kids, they made a mistake and went for the flashy instantaneous benefits. IMO, it's an injustice to the "student-athletes" for the NCAA to not rule as promptly as possible so that they have an opportunity to transfer immediately.

Pollodawg
04-27-2017, 12:20 PM
They are kids, they made a mistake and went for the flashy instantaneous benefits. IMO, it's an injustice to the "student-athletes" for the NCAA to not rule as promptly as possible so that they have an opportunity to transfer immediately.

I have no sympathy for the players that signed with them last year. They knew what they were getting. I have no sympathy for any player that took an illegal benefit. You knew this was possible.

MrKotter
04-27-2017, 12:31 PM

They knew it was against the rules. They did it anyway and now they pay the price. No injustice has been done to the guilty

WSOPdawg
04-27-2017, 12:31 PM
"The question for the rebels is, what do they decide to do with it?"

I don't understand this type of question about it. Unless the current allegations will, by themselves, result in the death penalty, the NCAA has every incentive to keep investigating and tacking on additional penalty-causing allegations when they find more evidence. Failing to do so tells other schools that there is a upper limit to how far the NCAA is willing to go, and so continuing to cheat during an investigation has a predictable and capped/limited risk.

True regarding this statement, but the NCAA's issue at hand concerns their new penalty matrix they introduced in 2013. This is really the first "mega" case where penalties are to be applied via the new matrix and DeviousDog has previously shown that systematically running the numbers results in 40+ scholarship losses (i.e., basically the death penalty in and of itself). And that's just with 21 Level I's (not counting the number of times many of these Level I's occurred more than once, which somebody said it's approaching 100 rules-breaking incidents).

And TCUN is still breaking the rules and can't come to grips that they've gotta play by the NCAA's rules (which they agreed to do upon accepting membership into the NCAA). This case truly is precedent-setting, and as I've said before, will make SMU look like an appetizer compared to the main course the NCAA is about to serve at the dinner table (think TCUN cooked well-done on a platter).

WSOPdawg
04-27-2017, 12:37 PM

I have no sympathy for the players that signed with them last year. They knew what they were getting. I have no sympathy for any player that took an illegal benefit. You knew this was possible.

Agree with Pollo. MSU wasn't good enough for them when they signed on to play for these cheats then, so no way in hell do I want any of them to look to transfer our way when the NCAA drops the hammer. They should be made to lie in the bed they helped make (but they'll be given the opportunity to transfer even though they were aware of the backpacks of cash, loaner vehicles and other "opportunity fund" rewards).

LockeDawg
04-27-2017, 12:43 PM
Agree with Pollo. MSU wasn't good enough for them when they signed on to play for these cheats then, so no way in hell do I want any of them to look to transfer our way when the NCAA drops the hammer. They should be made to lie in the bed they helped make (but they'll be given the opportunity to transfer even though they were aware of the backpacks of cash, loaner vehicles and other "opportunity fund" rewards).

I didn't say they should transfer to MSU, I simply feel like they should be informed as soon as possible about the bowl-ban so that they can transfer to any program that will take them.....Hell, most D-1 schools are probably full and have no room at this point. Doesn't mean the NCAA should drag out the penalty phase to the point where the student-athletes are held hostage and can't go elsewhere.

Dawgowar
04-27-2017, 12:59 PM
Plus another year added on to it, at least........

No it hasn't. There is nobody to accept the self-imposed sanctions. The members of the COI which will hear this case have not been identified. UNM is way past the point where they could have pre-empted undeclared penalties. They chose the full investigative route. While the COI can include that self-imposed sanction they have no members assigned to do so at this time.

The investigators do not make recommendations in this process they make a report of facts. Not suggested penalties.

Really Clark?
04-27-2017, 01:00 PM
Maybe. I hear everyone referring to it as a second NOA but I've seen nothing official calling it that. It could be an amended 1st and not subject to repeat offender. That said, if something outside that has been found, I'm under the impression that it won't matter either way. The NCAA will see it as unmitigated arrogance and punish just the same.

My instinct says the NCAA would actually prefer to give them penalties that extend the timeframe in order to be able to come back again if necessary. If the death penalty is used, the NCAA might look like a villain. Probably will be able to attain the same results without the stigma of the term.

This response is to you and the poster you responded to. The "repeat offender" stipulation has to do with infractions occurring after the COI has handed out penalties to any sport in the atheletic department. For UNM, that happened in Oct. 2016. Any infractions found AFTER that date triggers the repeat offender clause. It doesn't matter if is an addendum to the first NOA, if is a part of a 2nd or 3rd NOA. They are already on probation so in infraction that occurs after that date for the next several years is subject to repeat offender, regardless of where the NCAA decides to attach those those infractions to whichever NOA. So far as we know right now, anything discovered to have occurred after last Oct is not with the additional allegations that have been received and are awaiting a response, supposedly. But we know how forthcoming they are with facts so until its made public we can't say for certain. Best guess is the COI completes the penalty phase from the addendum 1st NOA and if these rumors are true a 2nd NOA includes the new infractions occurring after Oct.

AROB44
04-27-2017, 01:15 PM
I'll just be happy when State folks don't feel "threatened to cheat" anymore because they don't have to compete with OM's antics when recruiting MS kids. A lot of people don't realize it, but if OM, Auburn, and TN would clean it up the cheating level in the SEC would be next to nothing. No more pressure to keep up with the Jones's. Playing in the SEC has enough benefits. All the cheating occurs because SEC school X is trying to outrecruit SEC school Y. End that and 90%+ of the major cheating would go away.

Very true.....Rep Given

Buddy
04-27-2017, 04:00 PM
Rosebowl doesn't think there is anything to this new rumor of another NOA.

Mimi's Babies
04-27-2017, 04:08 PM
This response is to you and the poster you responded to. The "repeat offender" stipulation has to do with infractions occurring after the COI has handed out penalties to any sport in the atheletic department. For UNM, that happened in Oct. 2016. Any infractions found AFTER that date triggers the repeat offender clause. It doesn't matter if is an addendum to the first NOA, if is a part of a 2nd or 3rd NOA. They are already on probation so in infraction that occurs after that date for the next several years is subject to repeat offender, regardless of where the NCAA decides to attach those those infractions to whichever NOA. So far as we know right now, anything discovered to have occurred after last Oct is not with the additional allegations that have been received and are awaiting a response, supposedly. But we know how forthcoming they are with facts so until its made public we can't say for certain. Best guess is the COI completes the penalty phase from the addendum 1st NOA and if these rumors are true a 2nd NOA includes the new infractions occurring after Oct.

Please explain the October date... the NOA addendum came out in May 2016... That being said.... The NCAA settled the basketball and track issues last fall. That was a FINAL, my understanding, for those two programs, ONLY???? And that FOOTBALL investigation was on going.....

gravedigger
04-27-2017, 04:11 PM

I concur, but my larger point is that this thing is bigger than anyone on either side could have imagined.

Players talking to agents and fighting with family members at home they couldn't afford.
Public drug use
Former players Openly admitting to taking money
Academic fraud going back to 2007
Coaches fired
Pay for visits
Recruits lying to investigators
Burner phones

Their new penalty structure just didn't account for all of this. Additionally the death penalty sounds bad but if they were given that for next year and were told to "start over" it might not have the lasting impact the SMU case had.

Somehow the NCAA needs to bring this thing home with a don't let this happen to you message attached.

Of course the new defense of everyone will be "well we cheated some, but not like Ole Miss did."

I just don't see the NCAA allowing this to be anything but a "we're back" moment.

LockeDawg
04-27-2017, 04:32 PM
Please explain the October date... the NOA addendum came out in May 2016... That being said.... The NCAA settled the basketball and track issues last fall. That was a FINAL, my understanding, for those two programs, ONLY???? And that FOOTBALL investigation was on going.....

Wouldn't the official probation clock have started the moment the other two programs were place on probation? Resulting in repeat offender status "if" anything happened after that date in any other sport, i.e. OM goes on probation Oct '16 for WBB & Track, "if" a recruiting violation in any other sport occurs after Oct '16 then they could be a repeat offender because it occurred inside their probation window.

Mimi's Babies
04-27-2017, 04:35 PM
I didn't say they should transfer to MSU, I simply feel like they should be informed as soon as possible about the bowl-ban so that they can transfer to any program that will take them.....Hell, most D-1 schools are probably full and have no room at this point. Doesn't mean the NCAA should drag out the penalty phase to the point where the student-athletes are held hostage and can't go elsewhere.

IF the players received BENEFITS they will NOT be allowed to transfer..... We know of at least 8 in the class of 2016.... that received benefits..... :o

SOME Players/RECRUITS and PARENTS have been CAUGHT LYING to the NCAA... :mad:

Some High school coaches..... were giving benefits to certain recruits ILLEGAL...... :mad:

Really Clark?
04-27-2017, 04:43 PM

To be eligible for repeat offender status, you have to have an athletic program (doesn't matter which one, men's or women's) already on probation with the final penalties handed out by the NCAA COI. For them, track and women's basketball, was settled in Oct 2016 and they began the penalty/probation phase. Any sport found to have committed infractions after last Oct (the infraction actually occurring after that date) could trigger the repeat offender clause.

Really Clark?
04-27-2017, 04:46 PM
I concur, but my larger point is that this thing is bigger than anyone on either side could have imagined.

Players talking to agents and fighting with family members at home they couldn't afford.
Public drug use
Former players Openly admitting to taking money
Academic fraud going back to 2007
Coaches fired
Pay for visits
Recruits lying to investigators
Burner phones

Their new penalty structure just didn't account for all of this. Additionally the death penalty sounds bad but if they were given that for next year and were told to "start over" it might not have the lasting impact the SMU case had.

Somehow the NCAA needs to bring this thing home with a don't let this happen to you message attached.

Of course the new defense of everyone will be "well we cheated some, but not like Ole Miss did."

I just don't see the NCAA allowing this to be anything but a "we're back" moment.

I agree and along with others have said that the NCAA are in some uncharted waters with this case. Throw in the new penalty matrix and a much larger HC responsibility (ignorance of what was going on no longer absolves a HC) and that is why every school is watching the final outcome very very closely.

Really Clark?
04-27-2017, 04:46 PM
Wouldn't the official probation clock have started the moment the other two programs were place on probation? Resulting in repeat offender status "if" anything happened after that date in any other sport, i.e. OM goes on probation Oct '16 for WBB & Track, "if" a recruiting violation in any other sport occurs after Oct '16 then they could be a repeat offender because it occurred inside their probation window.

That is correct

Mimi's Babies
04-27-2017, 04:48 PM
To be eligible for repeat offender status, you have to have an athletic program (doesn't matter which one, men's or women's) already on probation with the final penalties handed out by the NCAA COI. For them, track and women's basketball, was settled in Oct 2016 and they began the penalty/probation phase. Any sport found to have committed infractions after last Oct (the infraction actually occurring after that date) could trigger the repeat offender clause.

Boy, oh boy is the crap getting deeper... One KNOWN high school coach (an OM booster also) transporting a said recruit to OM football games.... pictures and all shown to others..... What about the former NOA that OM received... was that NOA penalty (maybe 2013) over BEFORE this investigation started????? Eventually it will come out as to WHAT/HOW MUCH these coaches at the local high schools were paid..... ugh

Had someone in the know said that they were told on Monday -- that OM received more NCAA Paperwork.... carry on NCAA.

Really Clark?
04-27-2017, 05:02 PM
Boy, oh boy is the crap getting deeper... One KNOWN high school coach transporting a said recruit to OM football games.... pictures and all..... What about the former NOA that OM received... was that NOA penalty over BEFORE this investigation started????? Eventually it will come out as to what these coaches at the local high schools were paid..... ugh

You have to understand, because of draft night and other allegations coming to light, the original NOA was actually split. They decided to go ahead and finalize track and women's basketball to start the clock in Oct 2016. Now any football infractions BEFORE that date, known and the time or even if it's discovered later, does not trigger the repeat offender clause. Any thing found in any sport after last Oct can trigger the repeat offender. But specifically for football, the death penalty would likely only come into play with infractions after that date and while the school is on probation. For arguments sake, let's say they get 4 years probation. Any infractions from Oct 2016 until the end of probation plus an additional up to 5 year window can trigger the repeat offender clause with a major infraction.

Mimi's Babies
04-27-2017, 05:46 PM
You have to understand, because of draft night and other allegations coming to light, the original NOA was actually split. They decided to go ahead and finalize track and women's basketball to start the clock in Oct 2016. Now any football infractions BEFORE that date, known and the time or even if it's discovered later, does not trigger the repeat offender clause. Any thing found in any sport after last Oct can trigger the repeat offender. But specifically for football, the death penalty would likely only come into play with infractions after that date and while the school is on probation. For arguments sake, let's say they get 4 years probation. Any infractions from Oct 2016 until the end of probation plus an additional up to 5 year window can trigger the repeat offender clause with a major infraction.

Bring it own.... November 2016, Farrar was STILL in high schools and nothing changed from November 2015.... Who knows just what happened with the class of 2017 -- know one high school coach was committing illegal actions.... BRING IT OWN..... Probation should be about 5 years and 10 Show cause for freezeus.... But what about academic fraud... and not the ACT.... hearing that there is evidence of academic fraud????

Re draft night: NCAA was investigating high school crap when that BOMB of a Bong dropped.....:confused:

Bodaski
04-27-2017, 06:56 PM
Whether you are OM or state fan, their lack of integrity for the educational requirements at one of our state supported universities pisses me off big time. I've heard buying GED's at another state supported JUCO in the furthest northern part of the delta. Then moving on to Wayne County for the ACT test. I have not heard anything from the states appointed committee of Higher Education. Glenn Boyce is president of this committee. I know Glenn Personally and I just can't fathom why their are not heads rolling. I'm going to call Glenn and I've decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until after the NCAA is done with their punishments. I think its a matter that helps to destroy our educational system further then it already is. We as taxpayers have a right in this, your thoughts?

msbulldog
04-27-2017, 06:58 PM

Great to see you back Clark!
Rep tried, I've given you too many +'s

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2017, 07:03 PM

If Ole Miss had women's rowing team that went on probation in October or 2016 Any infractions in ANY sport they offer would come under the repeat offender clause for five years from that date. The sport doesn't t matter.

Mimi's Babies
04-27-2017, 07:45 PM
Whether you are OM or state fan, their lack of integrity for the educational requirements at one of our state supported universities pisses me off big time. I've heard buying GED's at another state supported JUCO in the furthest northern part of the delta. Then moving on to Wayne County for the ACT test. I have not heard anything from the states appointed committee of Higher Education. Glenn Boyce is president of this committee. I know Glenn Personally and I just can't fathom why their are not heads rolling. I'm going to call Glenn and I've decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until after the NCAA is done with their punishments. I think its a matter that helps to destroy our educational system further then it already is. We as taxpayers have a right in this, your thoughts?

IHL -- will only turn their noses up... Just like the MSHSAA.... NOTHING about the coaches selling players to OM..... Allowing recruiters through the back door into the school, passing money in the school to recruits, on the field during games, in the field house before, during and after the games, and being introduced as an OLE MISS ALUM.... when he was the bag man/recruiter(cough) for OM... one high school coach (an Om booster) hauling a recruit in the personal vehicle to an OM home game... Might want to investigate the Ath department accounting records in the high schools for large donations or did the bag man pay them in CASH?

There is so much corruption in the state of Mississippi it is a shame.

I am hearing of a newly created degree at Om for football players.... and many of the players Freeze has enrolled in a "General Studies" Degree. (I have not had time to investigate this degree YET... not sure what you could do with this -- nothing?????) I am hearing that some players are NOT making the grades that made in high school and are having TROUBLE in class... 1st you must go to class. I was told from another source that has proof of academic fraud at Om. Interesting that two different people, from two different states, that don't know each other, tell the same thing a day apart... Interesting.... How LOW will OM go?

Mimi's Babies
04-27-2017, 07:46 PM
If Ole Miss had women's rowing team that went on probation in October or 2016 Any infractions in ANY sport they offer would come under the repeat offender clause for five years from that date. The sport doesn't t matter.

Thanks..... I am learning the Legalities of the NCAA... quickly....
I SAW what went down... haha...

Bully13
04-27-2017, 08:03 PM
Rosebowl doesn't think there is anything to this new rumor of another NOA.

Buzz kill

Mimi's Babies
04-27-2017, 08:17 PM
Buzz kill

I was told that "SOMEONE is the know heard this on Monday". I told on this site months ago there should be at LEAST one more NOA..... I hope the NOA's don't stop coming.....

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2017, 09:51 PM
Buzz kill

Yes and no. Given his track record then I would say the new rumor is BS. THAT being said what has already come to light is enough to drive old Dixie down, and in a BIG way.

RougeDawg
04-27-2017, 10:04 PM

Two recruits. At least two have given the goods recently.

WSOPdawg
04-27-2017, 10:09 PM
Two recruits. At least two have given the goods recently.

Outstanding

Reunion Dog
04-28-2017, 04:45 AM
Boy, oh boy is the crap getting deeper... One KNOWN high school coach (an OM booster also) transporting a said recruit to OM football games.... pictures and all shown to others..... What about the former NOA that OM received... was that NOA penalty (maybe 2013) over BEFORE this investigation started????? Eventually it will come out as to WHAT/HOW MUCH these coaches at the local high schools were paid..... ugh

Had someone in the know said that they were told on Monday -- that OM received more NCAA Paperwork.... carry on NCAA.

This is correct... It happened last Friday... Per my 1st post. Rosebowl is incorrect in saying may not be true... IT HAPPENED...

Mimi's Babies
04-28-2017, 06:41 AM
This is correct... It happened last Friday... Per my 1st post. Rosebowl is incorrect in saying may not be true... IT HAPPENED...

Reunion Dog....
I AM doing the HAPPY Dance.....
For a coach to use a CHILD for personnel gain is inexcusable...
This could not happen soon enough.
Now for the next NOA...

gravedigger
04-28-2017, 07:22 AM

What Rosebowl meant is that he doesn't think this is a part of a current investigation. That may mean someone knows it happened and hasn't reported it or that they have reported it and it hasn't been corroborated within the investigation.

MadDawg
04-28-2017, 08:53 AM
The NCAA's files for this case must look like this:

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/120814-files-hmed-940a.660;660;7;70;0.jpg

LockeDawg
04-28-2017, 10:39 AM
This is correct... It happened last Friday... Per my 1st post. Rosebowl is incorrect in saying may not be true... IT HAPPENED...This shit is so systematic that it's damn near impossible to shut it down completely. Money flowing through back channels for years on end is difficult to shut the flow off even under the most critical of circumstances. You can't cut off the $$ flow when churches, FCA organizations, HS coaches, street agents are involved. People want their cut, period.

Jarius
04-28-2017, 10:49 AM
What Rosebowl meant is that he doesn't think this is a part of a current investigation. That may mean someone knows it happened and hasn't reported it or that they have reported it and it hasn't been corroborated within the investigation.

"You never say never, but I'm not expecting anything else at this point."----This is his exact quote. He also said that we could all work together for 5 more years and not find half of the shit that they have going on up there. It's hard to bet against him at this point, but I hope he's wrong.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-28-2017, 10:53 AM
Rosebowl's actual quote: "You never say never, but I'm not expecting anything else at this point. I've heard rumors of potential wrong doing in the 2017 class, but I'm not sure how much substance there is to any of that at this point. Let me say again, we could all work together for the next five years and not find half of it."

Technetium
04-28-2017, 11:10 AM
So the short of it is this: the person with the most to lose if he's wrong about the validity of the rumor is not putting much stock into it. Some with less to use (message board posters) believe it to be true and claim sources. I'd say that puts this rumor squarely in the doubtful category, along with most rumors. Still, it's fun to hope it's true and dream of watching the NCAA add even more fuel to that dumpster fire...

Political Hack
04-28-2017, 11:22 AM
So the short of it is this: the person with the most to lose if he's wrong about the validity of the rumor is not putting much stock into it. Some with less to use (message board posters) believe it to be true and claim sources. I'd say that puts this rumor squarely in the doubtful category, along with most rumors. Still, it's fun to hope it's true and dream of watching the NCAA add even more fuel to that dumpster fire...

I'm skeptical of the rumors surrounding one recruit, but not the other. The issue isn't whether it's been reported to the NCAA (it has), it's whether the NCAA is going to use it to 1) corroborate the other other allegations without intent to punish OM for the 2017 class allegation - or - 2) open up yet another investigation looking into the 2017 class.

If I were conducting the investigation, I'd let OM walk into the COI hearing and challenge the LOI and failure to monitor charges, pretend they have everything under control, and then drop the bombshell that they've been caught doing the same damn thing again in 2017. Use that testimony and evidence to corroborate stories from the 2016 class (and earlier) to show a pattern of neglect and prove that they are incapable of controlling the process. The NCAA has enough allegations from previous classes to hammer them into the Stone Age. They don't need any more. But they have evidence of additional cheating in the 2017 class, so I have a feeling they're going to use it one way or the other. Regardless of how it's used though, OM is royally screwed.

Jarius
04-28-2017, 11:42 AM
I'm skeptical of the rumors surrounding one recruit, but not the other. The issue isn't whether it's been reported to the NCAA (it has), it's whether the NCAA is going to use it to 1) corroborate the other other allegations without intent to punish OM for the 2017 class allegation - or - 2) open up yet another investigation looking into the 2017 class.

If I were conducting the investigation, I'd let OM walk into the COI hearing and challenge the LOI and failure to monitor charges, pretend they have everything under control, and then drop the bombshell that they've been caught doing the same damn thing again in 2017. Use that testimony and evidence to corroborate stories from the 2016 class (and earlier) to show a pattern of neglect and prove that they are incapable of controlling the process. The NCAA has enough allegations from previous classes to hammer them into the Stone Age. They don't need any more. But they have evidence of additional cheating in the 2017 class, so I have a feeling they're going to use it one way or the other. Regardless of how it's used though, OM is royally screwed.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the NCAA can't do that. They have to give you what you're charged with before the COI hearing. They can't just have a "gotcha" moment on the day of the hearing I don't believe.

chainedup_Dawg
04-28-2017, 11:52 AM
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the NCAA can't do that. They have to give you what you're charged with before the COI hearing. They can't just have a "gotcha" moment on the day of the hearing I don't believe.

If I'm not mistaken, Hack isn't saying charge them with something new. I believe he means let them argue that they've "changed" and then the COIcould basically say "really? Because the same things were going on in '17" . It wouldn't necessarily be a new charge or allegation, just more evidence that the cheatfest hasn't stopped or even slowed

shannondawg
04-28-2017, 11:54 AM
It is just hard for me to believe that anyone with the wherewithal to be giving anything to recruits would be just jack shit stupid enough to keep doing it in light of what is gone on before and on the verge of getting major penalties.

Hope I'm wrong.

Technetium
04-28-2017, 12:02 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Hack isn't saying charge them with something new. I believe he means let them argue that they've "changed" and then the COIcould basically say "really? Because the same things were going on in '17" . It wouldn't necessarily be a new charge or allegation, just more evidence that the cheatfest hasn't stopped or even slowed

But isn't that the definition of a new allegation, saying that TSUN was doing it on a separate occasion not listed in the NOA? The COI/NCAA would be alleging that TSUN was continuing to cheat. I agree with Jarius, I don't think they can use this as a "gotcha" moment. I think they would have to formally included it in a NOA, or otherwise not utilize the information (at least not officially... ::wink::)

Tbonewannabe
04-28-2017, 12:04 PM

I believe you have to give them the right to investigate any issues like that. It should be another separate noa involving the 2017 class. I have no clue what the matrix says about double probation issues.

WSOPdawg
04-28-2017, 12:19 PM
It is just hard for me to believe that anyone with the wherewithal to be giving anything to recruits would be just jack shit stupid enough to keep doing it in light of what is gone on before and on the verge of getting major penalties.

Hope I'm wrong.

Agree, Shannon. If TCUN did this, its beyond crazy, stupid and absurd!

JoseBrown
04-28-2017, 12:21 PM
Are we sure the investigation has officially ended? We still haven't seen NOA2/amendedNOA1, right? From what I understand there is a strong likelihood the investigation continued after the second letter of allegations was delivered. Basically, my understanding is that TCUN was expecting more allegations to be delivered to them in some form: another amendedNOA1 or NOA3.

Political Hack
04-28-2017, 12:50 PM

That's exactly right. There are dozens and dozens of interviews that took place that OM was not allowed to attend. They know the allegations. They do not have transcripts from those meetings and may not be fully aware of everyone that's spoken to the NCAA. This isn't a court of law. The NCAA decides what's permissible and whats not. The school only gets the allegations in the NOA and gets to attend the NCAA interviews of Ole Miss players, coaches, and boosters. Ole Miss should not have representation in the room when they're interviewing kids that attend other schools, therefore there's no way they could know everything.

Jarius
04-28-2017, 01:14 PM
That's exactly right. There are dozens and dozens of interviews that took place that OM was not allowed to attend. They know the allegations. They do not have transcripts from those meetings and may not be fully aware of everyone that's spoken to the NCAA. This isn't a court of law. The NCAA decides what's permissible and whats not. The school only gets the allegations in the NOA and gets to attend the NCAA interviews of Ole Miss players, coaches, and boosters. Ole Miss should not have representation in the room when they're interviewing kids that attend other schools, therefore there's no way they could know everything.

The simple response to that if you're OM is "if you have evidence of these violations, why aren't they in the NOA that you gave us?" If the NCAA has more violations and doesn't include them in the NOA, then I don't think they will be able to use those in the COI hearings. It's not a court of Law, but I assume they at least have their own set of rules to go by and anything that isn't in the NOA won't be used in the hearing.

Dawgowar
04-28-2017, 01:26 PM
The simple response to that if you're OM is "if you have evidence of these violations, why aren't they in the NOA that you gave us?" If the NCAA has more violations and doesn't include them in the NOA, then I don't think they will be able to use those in the COI hearings. It's not a court of Law, but I assume they at least have their own set of rules to go by and anything that isn't in the NOA won't be used in the hearing.

Head of NCAA investigations has stated they only use things that are slam dunk solid. No more Miami's.

Bully13
04-28-2017, 01:34 PM
Head of NCAA investigations has stated they only use things that are slam dunk solid. No more Miami's.

Wasn't the Miami debacle due to the NCAA dabbling around in a separate crime case where they had no business going?

Dawgowar
04-28-2017, 01:48 PM
Wasn't the Miami debacle due to the NCAA dabbling around in a separate crime case where they had no business going?

They did not follow any established procedures or did so haphazardly.

Homedawg
04-28-2017, 01:53 PM

Whether they did it or not isn't in question, they did. Whether they've been caught on it is the question at hand!

Reason2succeed
04-28-2017, 02:16 PM

Hope I'm wrong.

But you have to remember that this whole investigation isn't that serious and is already under control according to OM sources.***

Plus we all know that on a level playing field DD would have chose State because we had zero baggage or risk compared to OM. Now he's probably willing to talk and after hearing that Leo got immunity why wouldn't he? He gets a redo.

Political Hack
04-28-2017, 03:25 PM

Things that are not in the NOA are discussed during the hearing. Ole Miss can bring in mitigating circumstances to the hearing to defend against what's in the NOA. The NCAA can provide further context and evidence of wrong doing that's not in the NOA, but OM can only be "charged" with what's in the NOA. I think some people may be conflating those two. New charges/allegations won't pop up on the COI, but they can discuss further evidence that corroborates the allegations in the NOA.

RocketDawg
04-28-2017, 03:50 PM
Presumably, the hearing, if it ever occurs, will be taped or recorded in some manner. Is there any chance such a recording will be made public? I highly doubt it, but one never knows.

And refresh my memory: Who is DD?

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-28-2017, 03:52 PM
Presumably, the hearing, if it ever occurs, will be taped or recorded in some manner. Is there any chance such a recording will be made public? I highly doubt it, but one never knows.

And refresh my memory: Who is DD?

Bowie, I think...

Jarius
04-28-2017, 04:28 PM
Things that are not in the NOA are discussed during the hearing. Ole Miss can bring in mitigating circumstances to the hearing to defend against what's in the NOA. The NCAA can provide further context and evidence of wrong doing that's not in the NOA, but OM can only be "charged" with what's in the NOA. I think some people may be conflating those two. New charges/allegations won't pop up on the COI, but they can discuss further evidence that corroborates the allegations in the NOA.

Of course. There will certainly be evidence to support the allegations. From my understanding, this Rumor is about brand new allegations that have nothing to do with what's in the NOA though which would be different. I could be wrong on that though since this rumor hasn't been explained very much.

Political Hack
04-28-2017, 04:36 PM
Of course. There will certainly be evidence to support the allegations. From my understanding, this Rumor is about brand new allegations that have nothing to do with what's in the NOA though which would be different. I could be wrong on that though since this rumor hasn't been explained very much.

Testimony from a 2017 kid implicating the same boosters that are involved in allegations surrounding 2016 kids is relevant.

TStationDawg
04-28-2017, 04:39 PM
Testimony from a 2017 kid implicating the same boosters that are involved in allegations surrounding 2016 kids is relevant.

Please tell me this involves Taco Bell food, prayed over by an FCA official and that was consumed while in the company of a father of 2 NFL QB's. That would be like....well, I'll save the visual

FISHDAWG
04-28-2017, 04:54 PM
Are we sure the investigation has officially ended? We still haven't seen NOA2/amendedNOA1, right? From what I understand there is a strong likelihood the investigation continued after the second letter of allegations was delivered. Basically, my understanding is that TCUN was expecting more allegations to be delivered to them in some form: another amendedNOA1 or NOA3.

at this point a pardon from the Governor can't help the Soggy Bottom Boys .... just seems like the NCAA has to much ammo

Mimi's Babies
04-28-2017, 05:41 PM

THEY DID IT.... HANG ON.......

A high school coach is involved in at least one 2017 issue... Yes, OM is STUPID.....

Transporting a recruit to a football game, using your personal vehicle, using the boosters personnel season tickets, purchased by a booster, taking pictures and posting.

Bragging about that recruit will sign with OM... and he signs somewhere else.... HUM....

msbulldog
04-28-2017, 05:43 PM

They paid the lawyer for Ned Shapiro, the booster/convict/ponzi artist for information in violation of NCAA rules.

JoseBrown
04-28-2017, 05:50 PM

I would have to say yeah.... That would be the death nail in and of itself. Not meaning death penalty, meaning a major infraction. If that has happened they will rue the day. Ohh, please be true...

yjnkdawg
04-28-2017, 09:44 PM
Now it appears that David Johnson has resorted to lying to his flock. These people are absolutely ridiculous & fail to observe any evidence. It's like a pitcher that blew out his elbow going to 8 different doctors in an effort to find the one that will tell him what he wants to hear. "you don't need surgery"

http://i.imgur.com/hDvGqDS.jpg

Has David Johnson actually been correct om anything concerning the NCAA investigation? I don't think so.

lamont
04-28-2017, 10:14 PM

A high school coach is involved in at least one 2017 issue... Yes, OM is STUPID.....

Transporting a recruit to a football game, using your personal vehicle, using the boosters personnel season tickets, purchased by a booster, taking pictures and posting.

Bragging about that recruit will sign with OM... and he signs somewhere else.... HUM....

A coach taking a recruit to a football game is not a violation- no matter what seats they sit in

yjnkdawg
04-28-2017, 10:42 PM

One of Donte Moncrief's high school coaches, who wanted Donte to play football at OM, supposedly transported him to several OM games. Donte went by the rules, so I wouldn't think that would be a violation.

yjnkdawg
04-28-2017, 11:04 PM
Please tell me this involves Taco Bell food, prayed over by an FCA official and that was consumed while in the company of a father of 2 NFL QB's. That would be like....well, I'll save the visual

Sounds like mistakes were made concerning something with 4 wheels maybe?

Mimi's Babies
04-29-2017, 10:06 AM
A coach taking a recruit to a football game is not a violation- no matter what seats they sit in

UNOFFICIAL visits.... to a said school....

Transporting a STUDENT in a private vehicle..... MSHSAA violations also...... along with State of MS ED Policies and said School Policies. Students can only be transported in a school district vehicle and ONLY for official visits, which are two...

Using Boosters psnl season tickets, money, transportation is a direct violation of MSU policies according to the letter we receive, (from the ticket office)... so it should be at OM also...

Mimi's Babies
04-29-2017, 10:15 AM
One of Donte Moncrief's high school coaches, who wanted Donte to play football at OM, supposedly transported him to several OM games. Donte went by the rules, so I wouldn't think that would be a violation.

A coach can trasport a recruit for Official Visits -- (is my understanding) NOT unofficial visits....

Mississippi Department of Education has policies concerning transporting students and has been adopted by every school board in MS. That being said.... This recruit was transported by an OM BOOSTER to every OM home game. Official or not.... in his personal vehicle. According to MSHSAA policies he should have been sanctioned by the said school and nothing.

MSU sends out a letter about boosters and giving of "GIFTS" to a recruit or player. Giving of a boosters season ticket is still a GIFT.... Thus this booster should be handed his on a platter. This is NOT the 1st recruit he has done this with. Also hearing that several coaches have received gifts from boosters also....

SO.... does this ONLY apply to MSU and our Boosters????

lamont
04-29-2017, 10:25 AM
UNOFFICIAL visits.... to a said school....

Transporting a STUDENT in a private vehicle..... MSHSAA violations also...... along with State of MS ED Policies and said School Policies. Students can only be transported in a school district vehicle and ONLY for official visits, which are two...

Using Boosters psnl season tickets, money, transportation is a direct violation of MSU policies according to the letter we receive, (from the ticket office)... so it should be at OM also...

Mimi:

A HS coach can take a prospect to all 12 games and sit anywhere they want. It's not an NCAA violation nor is it a MHSAA violation. Coaches at every HS do this. The private vehicle part only applies to MHSAA events- has nothing to do with taking a kid home or to a college football game

drummerdawg
04-29-2017, 10:35 AM
Mimi:

A HS coach can take a prospect to all 12 games and sit anywhere they want. It's not an NCAA violation nor is it a MHSAA violation. Coaches at every HS do this. The private vehicle part only applies to MHSAA events- has nothing to do with taking a kid home or to a college football game

This is correct.

Mimi's Babies
04-29-2017, 10:36 AM
Mimi:

So let me understand this: A high school coach, who is a BOOSTER at that university, can do damn well what he/she pleases when ever they want???? To include publishing this on social media? Why doesn't someone ask this coach how much money HE received from a booster?

BUT a teacher is told that they CANNOT give a graduation gift to a student of theirs.... a BELT... jeez... There is something really WRONG with this picture....

lamont
04-29-2017, 10:51 AM
So let me understand this: A high school coach, who is a BOOSTER at that university, can do damn well what he/she pleases when ever they want???? To include publishing this on social media? Why doesn't someone ask this coach how much money HE received from a booster?

BUT a teacher is told that they CANNOT give a graduation gift to a student of theirs.... a BELT... jeez... There is something really WRONG with this picture....

I have no idea about the belt part- but the coaching part is correct.

yjnkdawg
04-29-2017, 01:03 PM

High school coaches who have a high allegiance to a certain school want their best player(s) to go to their school. They shouldn't, because it is the kid's future and not their's, but it happens. I knew if Donte or his family had thought it was any type of violation, they would not have done it. That is just fact from knowing the values that he and his family have.

RougeDawg
04-29-2017, 02:02 PM
Just women's basketball and track damnit!!!!!!!

Mimi's Babies
04-30-2017, 09:31 AM
I have no idea about the belt part- but the coaching part is correct.

Please check your Private messages....

Mimi's Babies
04-30-2017, 09:33 AM
High school coaches who have a high allegiance to a certain school want their best player(s) to go to their school. They shouldn't, because it is the kid's future and not their's, but it happens. I knew if Donte or his family had thought it was any type of violation, they would not have done it. That is just fact from knowing the values that he and his family have.

The recruit in question is not Donte.... When the mother of this recruit found out what the coach was up too the child never made another trip.

HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA
05-03-2017, 06:06 AM

I would think this would amount to a secondary violation at worst.

lamont
05-03-2017, 06:09 AM
I would think this would amount to a secondary violation at worst.

No- its about buying a recruit a car. Dont let Mimi's incorrect rant confuse you

Mimi's Babies
05-03-2017, 06:37 AM
No- its about buying a recruit a car. Dont let Mimi's incorrect rant confuse you

No rant Random Poster.... just trying to understand WHY... a HS coach can do what ever they want concerning a college recruit. Looks like at one HS we are down to 2 people involved with "tsun" recruiting... ALL others have been fired, resigned, or contract not renewed.. Will be interesting to see what happen to the "other" 2 people.