PDA

View Full Version : Coaches Hot Seat....

THE Bruce Dickinson
04-26-2017, 09:16 PM
Apologize if has already been posted, but if not....

Look who is making an appearance at the number one spot

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Political Hack
04-27-2017, 07:51 AM
Crazy A&M and Arky are that high on the list. Not shocked to see Freezus as number 1 though.

Reason2succeed
04-27-2017, 08:14 AM
They have Mullen at 87th and his compensation is listed at $5mill. Did I miss something on his salary?

dogshiek
04-27-2017, 08:19 AM
Ole Hugh isn't on the hot seat. He's on the ejection seat!!!!!!

smootness
04-27-2017, 08:22 AM
Just about any other school would have already fired him.

Tbonewannabe
04-27-2017, 09:15 AM
Saban isn't last so I don't know how accurate that is. He isn't even next to last. Dabo is last but I can see that. Saban doesn't win another title within the next 3 years and the natives will get restless.

Johnson85
04-27-2017, 09:33 AM
Crazy A&M and Arky are that high on the list. Not shocked to see Freezus as number 1 though.

It's going to be curious to see how long coaching stays this way, where just being middle of the pack gets you fired after four or five years. Eventually, you're going to run out of up and comers to hire and you're going to see these coaches start getting recycled into major Power 5 jobs, I guess sort of like NFL coaches already do. Or ADs will start saying that while they're not happy with 8-5 (4-4), they're not going to fire that coach just to hire a coach from a smaller conference with a two year track record or a coach that was fired from his previous job for consistently going 8-5 (4-4).

BulldogBear
04-27-2017, 09:35 AM

Not even that. He's on a spit over the coals with an apple in his mouth.

TrapGame
04-27-2017, 09:39 AM
Just about any other school would have already fired him.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And the NCAA knows this and that's why they are gunning for scalps. OM going all Jim Jones/Jones' Town against the NCAA just pissed them off.

TrapGame
04-27-2017, 09:42 AM
On another note:

We beat A&M this year too and Sumlin is gone. And Bert may be gone with a 7-5 record and a loss to us too.

Political Hack
04-27-2017, 09:48 AM
It's going to be curious to see how long coaching stays this way, where just being middle of the pack gets you fired after four or five years. Eventually, you're going to run out of up and comers to hire and you're going to see these coaches start getting recycled into major Power 5 jobs, I guess sort of like NFL coaches already do. Or ADs will start saying that while they're not happy with 8-5 (4-4), they're not going to fire that coach just to hire a coach from a smaller conference with a two year track record or a coach that was fired from his previous job for consistently going 8-5 (4-4).

Yeah. It's gotten absurd. Everybody can't win the NCG every year. It's not just college anymore either. It's high school sports even.

parabrave
04-27-2017, 10:33 AM

Yeah HF needs his own Category. Surprised Coach O and Butch Jones are so low on the list. Even though Butch might one day be joining Hughs category.

Johnson85
04-27-2017, 10:58 AM
Yeah. It's gotten absurd. Everybody can't win the NCG every year. It's not just college anymore either. It's high school sports even.

That's really disturbing if it's filtered down to high school.

In college at least, coaches are paid to win, period, with the only qualification pretty much being you have to win while preventing Baylor or Penn State from happening. I can understand the fan base at A&M saying I want to win a championship and I don't care nearly as much about the difference between winning 0 games and 10 games as I do about the difference between winning 10 games and winning a championship. Mike Sumlin is just a pretty good coach that is going to average 8-10 wins a year, and I'd just as soon roll the dice on hiring a losing coach for the very small chance we might get lucky and get a championship coach. I'm not sure I'd agree with that, but I can at least understand it.

But in high school, coaches aren't (or at least shouldn't be) just paid to win. How they influence the kids is hugely important, so if you've got a pretty good high school coach that is good enough to give the kids a chance to win some games but not good enough to win a championship, but generally helps kids leave the program better than when they entered, you don't just blow that up because you're not getting championships. Just crazy.

mparkerfd20
04-27-2017, 11:20 AM
They have Mullen at 87th and his compensation is listed at $5mill. Did I miss something on his salary?

Not only that he's now 8th in the country in pay. We have a Top 10 paid coach without a Top 10 return. http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CFBCoachesSalaries.htm

DancingRabbit
04-27-2017, 11:26 AM
Not only that he's now 8th in the country in pay. We have a Top 10 paid coach without a Top 10 return. http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CFBCoachesSalaries.htm

Fahr Mullenz !!

Dan will make $4.5 this year. Info from that site should be taken with a grain of salt.

Jack Lambert
04-27-2017, 11:26 AM
Some of those guys on that list could probably make more money as a assistant coach in SEC.

Also Mullen is making some Jack.