PDA

View Full Version : Saints and Free Agents

basedog
04-26-2017, 12:55 PM
I don't follow Pro football, actually I'm not a New Orleans Saints fan, I ain't sitting around on Sunday to watch them. In saying this, but why do you sign a 32 year old running back who is past his prime to a 2 year deal worth 7 million? But then again they are the New Orleans Saints! A backup at that?

Pro Sports ain't what they use to be and I'm talking basketball, baseball and football.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-26-2017, 01:17 PM
I'm not a Saints fan but getting AP for $3.5mi/yr is a very good value.

msstate7
04-26-2017, 01:21 PM

And 2nd year isn't guaranteed.

The saints have had a wonderful offseason. 3 picks in top 42 tomorrow night... get those right and we have a shot at making another run before Brees retires

basedog
04-26-2017, 02:37 PM

I suppose there is a reason I don't follow Pro football, "good value" and he has been injured a lot.

Wow $3.5m/yr just blows my mind!

Btw, do you think Mark Ingram is somewhat of bust, he gets hurt a lot as well?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-26-2017, 02:49 PM
I suppose there is a reason I don't follow Pro football, "good value" and he has been injured a lot.

Wow $3.5m/yr just blows my mind!

Btw, do you think Mark Ingram is somewhat of bust, he gets hurt a lot as well?

Yes 2 out of the last 3 years he has been hurt but the other year he wasn't he gained almost 1500yds. If he gives them a 1000yds then yes $3.5mil is a great deal.

Ingram hasn't been great but had a very solid year last season. 1000+ rushing yards with almost 50 catches in that offense is pretty good to me.

basedog
04-26-2017, 03:11 PM
Yes 2 out of the last 3 years he has been hurt but the other year he wasn't he gained almost 1500yds. If he gives them a 1000yds then yes $3.5mil is a great deal.

Ingram hasn't been great but had a very solid year last season. 1000+ rushing yards with almost 50 catches in that offense is pretty good to me.

That's just it IYOK, key sentence is 2 out of 3 him being hurt. He's 32 years old, kinda like Willie Nelson saying "I've out lived my Dick"!

I also think they could have spent better money on a defensive player, hell better save the money for a QB as I think Drew has had better days. But again, I'm not a Saints fan and I really don't know, just saying.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-26-2017, 03:31 PM
That's just it IYOK, key sentence is 2 out of 3 him being hurt. He's 32 years old, kinda like Willie Nelson saying "I've out lived my Dick"!

I also think they could have spent better money on a defensive player, hell better save the money for a QB as I think Drew has had better days. But again, I'm not a Saints fan and I really don't know, just saying.

Oh I definitely understand where you're coming from & I'm not a Saints fan either. I assume msstate7 is & you see his answer. They're trying to win now while Brees & Payton are still around. They're not really too concerned about the future.