PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Wiggins to Tennessee

ShotgunDawg
04-26-2017, 11:27 AM
LOL. I just don't get why we have so much trouble getting players in football.

BTW, Tennessee is as bad or worse than OM with how they recruit.

I wouldn't be the slightest bit shocked if that's what happened here.

msstate7
04-26-2017, 11:34 AM
Fire T-Buck?**

Coackjek
04-26-2017, 11:36 AM
Heavesy was his lead recruiter***

Big4Dawg
04-26-2017, 11:46 AM
We didnt even get a visit

Political Hack
04-26-2017, 11:48 AM
There's could be some baggage there regardless. Might be for the best...

Cary Hudson's little bro
04-26-2017, 11:48 AM
I was told on this board that he was coming here. I'm dropping my monthly membership**

Dawg61
04-26-2017, 12:06 PM

Not every player is going to sign with MSU. That doesn't mean we have trouble signing players in football. Our pets heads are indeed not falling off.

BeardoMSU
04-26-2017, 12:07 PM
Not every player is going to sign with MSU. That doesn't mean we have trouble signing players in football. Our pets heads are indeed not falling off.

https://media.tenor.co/images/34e5b8278ad78c8819510d929a47933a/tenor.gif

smootness
04-26-2017, 12:09 PM

Louisville never removed the restriction on us, did they?

DancingRabbit
04-26-2017, 12:14 PM
Louisville never removed the restriction on us, did they?

Yes, they did.

CadaverDawg
04-26-2017, 01:24 PM
Yes, they did.

Wish they hadn't...that way we could at least have pretended we woulda gotten him*

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-26-2017, 01:46 PM
There's could be some baggage there regardless. Might be for the best...

typical damage control response...^^

Bothrops
04-26-2017, 01:53 PM
We lose battles with Tennessee if they visit there. You have to admit, the difference in scale of facilities is huge, and the difference between Knoxville and Starkville is ridiculous. What sucks is we can't even snag a player at a needed position for 1 year.

Turfdawg67
04-26-2017, 02:12 PM

BTW, Tennessee is as bad or worse than OM with how they recruit.

I wouldn't be the slightest bit shocked if that's what happened here.

Wait, you LOL'd because "we can't get any recruits"... then you remark that UT cheated to get Shaq. So are you laughing that we don't cheat like OM & UT. If someone is getting benefits from one school and State's not ponying up, I say it's an uneven playing field.

Ari Gold
04-26-2017, 02:14 PM
I am shocked he didn't visit.

smootness
04-26-2017, 02:15 PM
Wait, you LOL'd because "we can't get any recruits"... then you remark that UT cheated to get Shaq. So are you laughing that we don't cheat like OM & UT. If someone is getting benefits from one school and State's not ponying up, I say it's an uneven playing field.

That's been a constant on here for several years. 'Ole Miss is so dirty it's ridiculous'....'Why can't we get players like Ole Miss is doing? There's no reason they should be able to do it but we can't.'

Political Hack
04-26-2017, 02:47 PM
typical damage control response...^^

Go back and look at every Shaq Wiggins thread on this board and see if I ever said anything about him coming to state. Not that my opinion really matters on the issue, but I'm not interested. Never have been interested. You're more than welcome to be pissed about it if you'd like though.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-26-2017, 03:05 PM
Go back and look at every Shaq Wiggins thread on this board and see if I ever said anything about him coming to state. Not that my opinion really matters on the issue, but I'm not interested. Never have been interested. You're more than welcome to be pissed about it if you'd like though.

nope not pissed but it's just funny to me that when we miss there is always the "Maybe we didnt need him anyway" talk.

basedog
04-26-2017, 03:15 PM
nope not pissed but it's just funny to me that when we miss there is always the "Maybe we didnt need him anyway" talk.

It's "we Didn't want" not need*****

Jarius
04-26-2017, 03:26 PM
We lose battles with Tennessee if they visit there. You have to admit, the difference in scale of facilities is huge, and the difference between Knoxville and Starkville is ridiculous. What sucks is we can't even snag a player at a needed position for 1 year.

The difference in facilities is close to nonexistent in 2017. Also, he wouldn't even know if it was because he didn't visit here.

DancingRabbit
04-26-2017, 03:37 PM
I don't think it's going too far on a limb to be a little suspicious of UTK's recruitment of Wiggins after he made such a strong appeal to get MSU removed from his blocked schools list.

It sounded like he really wanted to play for Grantham.

"When [Petrino] said Mississippi State, I was like, it had to be deeper than what it seems to be because Louisville doesn't play Mississippi State," Wiggins said. "It just so happened to be Mississippi State on there, once Coach Grantham left.

"I really don't know what's his state of thinking or why he chose to put Mississippi State on there. ... I have no idea why. It's really not fair."

So Friday, Wiggins made his case. And the Mississippi State restriction was lifted.

SDDawg
04-26-2017, 04:36 PM
Better depth chart at TN.

Dawg61
04-26-2017, 05:52 PM
Knoxville and Starkville is ridiculous

How so? If you like more crime, homeless people panhandling you, construction everywhere and a shit load of ugly ass nascar orange then Knoxville is the place for you!! Tennessee is a city university and it's ugly as ****. Sure hiking in the smoky mountains is cool if you're a hipster with no money and nothing else to do but something tells me Wiggins ain't the hiking type.

Bothrops
04-26-2017, 05:57 PM
How so? If you like more crime, homeless people panhandling you, construction everywhere and a shit load of ugly ass nascar orange then Knoxville is the place for you!! Tennessee is a city university and it's ugly as ****. Sure hiking in the smoky mountains is cool if you're a hipster with no money and nothing else to do but something tells me Wiggins ain't the hiking type.

You could say the same about Starkville, but without the ugly orange or mountain hiking.

Tripp McNeely
04-26-2017, 06:04 PM
Why is Shaq leaving Louisville in the first place? Would he have started there this year?

Dawg61
04-26-2017, 06:15 PM
You could say the same about Starkville, but without the ugly orange or mountain hiking.

Ok but students go to school at Mississippi State University not Starkville University and our campus blows Tennessee's out the water. Fact.

Bothrops
04-26-2017, 06:35 PM
Ok but students go to school at Mississippi State University not Starkville University and our campus blows Tennessee's out the water. Fact.

That's true.

Turfdawg67
04-26-2017, 07:56 PM

Agree to disagree... no fan of UT but I travel to Knoxville often and there's tons more to do there than Starkville. And I grew up in Starkville... Knoxville is definitely appealing to 18 year olds. With that said, there's even more to do in Nashville, but Vandy isn't landing high profile 'cruits!

Political Hack
04-27-2017, 07:56 AM

There is. And we could've used him on the field, but sometimes it's good when guys go to other schools. Snoop, Tobias, Channing Ward, Cam Newton, etc... that's not saying they aren't great players. Just not worth the locker room problems or NCAA heat it would've brought. Wiggins is a little different in that he's got some coattail leaches that have tried to hook onto him. I don't know if he's fallen for it or not, but best not to have those types hanging around imo.