PDA

View Full Version : 2 man bass boat

WeWillScrewItUp
04-26-2017, 01:34 AM
How many of y'all have or have had one of these? What kind of setup did you use and how big of a body of water would you put it on? Think I may have access to one and if not I may look into getting one myself.

BeastMan
04-26-2017, 08:36 AM
I've seen them in the lake at my parents neighborhood. Not a huge lake but they're perfect for there. Put a little trolling motor on there and you're off. For ponds and small lakes, they're great imo.

SpeckleDawg
04-26-2017, 09:34 AM
I've never had one of those, but any reason to not get a little flat bottom jon boat? I have a 14ft that I can use either with just a trolling motor or with an 8hp outboard that I have. Can comfortably fish 2 people anywhere. I've used it in small ponds and just this week even in the Bay and river. You could load a 12ft one in the back of a truck easily. You could pick up a used one for really cheap.

WeWillScrewItUp
04-26-2017, 01:15 PM
I've never had one of those, but any reason to not get a little flat bottom jon boat? I have a 14ft that I can use either with just a trolling motor or with an 8hp outboard that I have. Can comfortably fish 2 people anywhere. I've used it in small ponds and just this week even in the Bay and river. You could load a 12ft one in the back of a truck easily. You could pick up a used one for really cheap.

My main reason for looking into them is they are supposedly a little more stable than a John boat. My brother-in-law is getting into bass fishing and I want something I can get him out there for cheap but still have stability. If it were just me I'd probably look into a kayak but with him wanting to go and alligators around here I'm not sure about a yak.

Treemydawg
04-26-2017, 10:59 PM
I still have one. Fished Bluff and Loakfoma with it a lot years ago with a trolling motor on it. It's still in the barn and you are welcome to it if you are interested in it. Shoot me a pm

BeastMan
04-27-2017, 12:09 PM
My main reason for looking into them is they are supposedly a little more stable than a John boat. My brother-in-law is getting into bass fishing and I want something I can get him out there for cheap but still have stability. If it were just me I'd probably look into a kayak but with him wanting to go and alligators around here I'm not sure about a yak.

Saw a decent size gator yesterday in the yak. Probably 6 feet

BeastMan
04-27-2017, 12:10 PM
I still have one. Fished Bluff and Loakfoma with it a lot years ago with a trolling motor on it. It's still in the barn and you are welcome to it if you are interested in it. Shoot me a pm

Wow that's cool of you to offer

WeWillScrewItUp
04-27-2017, 04:08 PM
Sent you a PM.

SpeckleDawg
04-27-2017, 07:48 PM
Saw a decent size gator yesterday in the yak. Probably 6 feet

Had one grab ahold of my popping cork the other day. I thought he would let go, but made it all the way to the side of the yak and flashed those teeth and white mouth.....dammmnnn.

WeWillScrewItUp
04-27-2017, 09:10 PM
Oh hell no speck. I would be gone so fast.