PDA

View Full Version : Some school in Mississippi should be on the phone

1bigdawg
04-25-2017, 05:40 PM
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2017/04/25/source-desoto-football-coach-todd-petermans-future-doubt-months-removed-state-title

Coach fired after winning state title in Texas for no reason, or because of his race?

mparkerfd20
04-25-2017, 05:51 PM
Where is ACLU and the NAAWP?

TimberBeast
04-25-2017, 10:15 PM
Surprised there's not more replies to this, actually no I'm not. I don't understand why some people are scared to talk about this and some others don't want to talk about it.

Bully13
04-25-2017, 10:33 PM
I look forward to a.m. radio in Dallas tomorrow.

EngDawg
04-25-2017, 11:37 PM
Well he didn't beat Alabama so according to Rando that's enough reason to fire him.**

starkvegasdawg
04-25-2017, 11:50 PM
Surprised there's not more replies to this, actually no I'm not. I don't understand why some people are scared to talk about this and some others don't want to talk about it.

I agree. That said...in before the lock.

Liverpooldawg
04-26-2017, 08:33 AM
Mississippi schools likely can't pay enough to tempt that guy to leave Texas. It's unreal what big time high school coaches make there. Don't feel too sorry for him. He will have another job pretty quick. If he is that good the school that fired him will rue the day.

starkvegasdawg
04-26-2017, 08:38 AM
If he is that good the school that fired him will rue the day.

Yancy approves this fate.

Westdawg
04-26-2017, 09:18 AM
Mississippi schools likely can't pay enough to tempt that guy to leave Texas. It's unreal what big time high school coaches make there. Don't feel too sorry for him. He will have another job pretty quick. If he is that good the school that fired him will rue the day.

true.....like 6 figure salaries. and no, i am not kidding. and that's for even average coaches. It was crazy what their booster clubs and athletic programs will compensate for football coaches.
i coached under one coach in TN whose salary was closing in on a 6 figure sum, but what districts, really the people, in TX are willing to pay is on par with what many district superintendents make.....or more

msstatelp1
04-26-2017, 09:22 AM
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2017/04/25/source-desoto-football-coach-todd-petermans-future-doubt-months-removed-state-title

Coach fired after winning state title in Texas for no reason, or because of his race?

Technically he hasn't been fired, his contract hasn t been renewed yet. He's still the coach until a decision is made by the school board. The article makes it sound like the school board is a screwed up POS organization that lets BS get in the way of intelligent decisions.

tireddawg
04-26-2017, 11:59 AM
lets BS get in the way of intelligent decisions.

I've read everything on this & this sounds about right.