PDA

View Full Version : So I'm finally watching the OSU game

slickdawg
09-13-2013, 01:01 PM
We were in control of this game until we shot our own foot off in the second quarter. Tyler runs the read for 12-13 up the middle, gets sacked the next play. We continue to try and run it up the middle, despite 7-8 in the box.

Then Jamerson Love gets hurt - the very next play, they go right after Jiles and get him with the long QB run. They run it again, then get a TD.

The very next play, Lewis gets a huge kickoff return, and could/should have gone all the way. Not scoring anything here kills our momentum. Not punting on 4th and 15 basically gives OSU a field goal opportunity, we block it, and again just miss a return for a TD.

SnakePlissken
09-13-2013, 01:05 PM
We were in control of this game until we shot our own foot off in the second quarter. Tyler runs the read for 12-13 up the middle, gets sacked the next play. We continue to try and run it up the middle, despite 7-8 in the box.

Then Jamerson Love gets hurt - the very next play, they go right after Jiles and get him with the long QB run. They run it again, then get a TD.

The very next play, Lewis gets a huge kickoff return, and could/should have gone all the way. Not scoring anything here kills our momentum. Not punting on 4th and 15 basically gives OSU a field goal opportunity, we block it, and again just miss a return for a TD.I think this is what Mullen means by us not finishing. We are our own worst enemy at times.

Maroonthirteen
09-13-2013, 01:25 PM
After re-watching the OSU game, we killed our drives as much as they did. Penalties, dropped passes, poor throws. We did have a few short yardage situations where we couldn't move the pile. But if we can clean up the penalties and the passing games is a little more insync, we put up some points this weekend.

Yep, and the blocked FG and punt return, we have to score on those opportunities to win on the SEC road.

maroonmania
09-13-2013, 02:05 PM

The very next play, Lewis gets a huge kickoff return, and could/should have gone all the way. Not scoring anything here kills our momentum. Not punting on 4th and 15 basically gives OSU a field goal opportunity, we block it, and again just miss a return for a TD.

I still can't believe we had a 5th year SR QB allow himself to take a sack on 4th and 15 well into OSU territory. Just throw the dang ball! The only thing that makes any sense is that Tyler's head was already in a fog from the earlier hit and he didn't or couldn't process what the situation was.

bocfarm
09-13-2013, 02:10 PM
We looked great until the Morrow hold and then TR interception followed by what slick mentioned above.....just too many mental mistakes...correct those and that is a totally different game

RougeDawg
09-13-2013, 02:15 PM
We looked great until the Morrow hold and then TR interception followed by what slick mentioned above.....just too many mental mistakes...correct those and that is a totally different game

As we all know, our first games under Mullen are full of mistakes. Which makes playing a team like OKST much more difficult to win. We struggle opening games against SWAC teams. This falls on coaching and game prep. No excuses.

cheewgumm
09-13-2013, 02:34 PM
According to some post on 6 pack...Keoning is opening up the offense based on criticism from the Ok State game. Hopefully this is true.

smootness
09-13-2013, 02:36 PM
We were definitely moving the ball more than they were offensively the first few drives. When we didn't put up more than 3 points at that point, I was worried...but had we continued to move it like that, we probably would have been in it at the end. Our offense completely stalled after the first few drives.

MarketingBully01
09-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Bingo Rouge, we have done that with every team under Mullen in the first game. Even the mythical 2010 year. As I stated sometime earlier, last year we tripped over our own feet trying to get out of the tunnel in the first game. For the most part, the mistakes we made in game 1 are fixable. We played 2nd and 3rd string OL for the whole ASU game so I am curious to see how we look on offense tomorrow. As I have stated several times, I am confident we will win 24-17. I just think we will do what it takes to win the game.

CadaverDawg
09-13-2013, 05:41 PM
According to some post on 6 pack...Keoning is opening up the offense based on criticism from the Ok State game. Hopefully this is true.

I hope so chew. He may have seen what happened to Manny Diaz, and felt like he better show the ability to do his job or he may be out of one.

Vandelaydawg
09-13-2013, 08:50 PM

Keoning didn't call a single play against OSU.

Coach34
09-13-2013, 11:11 PM
We were in control of this game until we shot our own foot off in the second quarter. Tyler runs the read for 12-13 up the middle, gets sacked the next play. .

This is why I don't buy into the theory that Russell was hurt on the 1st drive...he jumped up all excited like he was Superman after the 12 yard run. He wasnt concussed at that point

Coach34
09-13-2013, 11:12 PM
Keoning didn't call a single play against OSU.

exactly...its baffling to me that people still think Koenning runs our offense even a little bit