louisvilledawg
04-24-2017, 02:03 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/VeeQbQXyMxDVu/giphy.gif

starkvegasdawg
04-24-2017, 02:03 PM
Tick tock, tick toc.

The hour is nigh

Is this good, bad, irrelevant?

A sign that the executioner cometh and they're about to walk the last mile?

ShotgunDawg
04-24-2017, 02:06 PM

It's a sign that OM will officially have no bias in support of them on the COI

Additionally, Sankey said he had nothing to do with the immunity offered to OM, which destroys another Yancy myth

Johnson85
04-24-2017, 02:07 PM

Not sure. It looks bad, because it looks like with Sankey recused, there will be one less person to advocate for them. But on the other hand, if Sankey was going to protect them, it would be through his influence, not any actual vote, so recusing himself wouldn't necessarily mean that he's not exerting influence on their behalf, unless there is something formal in a bylaw or rule somewhere about what recusal consists of and what actions are prohibited by a person who has recused him/herself

Political Hack
04-24-2017, 02:13 PM
This probably good news for them. His speech at media days last year indirectly roasted them. He's fed up with their BS antics and he called them out publicly.

I'm convinced he doesn't want them in the sec anymore.

I'm also convinced that OM is convinced he doesn't want them in the conference anymore, hence Yancy's recent proposal to OM fans to oust him as the SEC commissioner.

LC Dawg
04-24-2017, 02:16 PM
Doesn't really matter. Once Ole Miss takes down the entire SEC Sankey won't have a job.***

WSOPdawg
04-24-2017, 02:19 PM
Thats cool because a few days ago, he refused to recuse himself from the UNC academic fraud debacle as reported on ESPN.

www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19210781/southeastern-conference-commissioner-greg-sankey-denies-request-removed-unc-infractions-panel

To me, it shows he understands the importance of the NCAA and their investigative and enforcement system and wants to remain an integral part of it. I was expecting him to recuse himself from the TCUN cheating scandal since they are part of his conference. Regarding UNC, I'm thinking they're gonna hit the Tarheels hard when all is said and done.

gtowndawg
04-24-2017, 02:20 PM
It's coming

https://m.popkey.co/d5bac6/7zKJk.gif

WSOPdawg
04-24-2017, 02:20 PM
Thats cool because a few days ago, he refused to recuse himself from the UNC academic fraud debacle as reported on ESPN.

www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19210781/southeastern-conference-commissioner-greg-sankey-denies-request-removed-unc-infractions-panel

To me, it shows he understands the importance of the NCAA and their investigative and enforcement system and wants to remain an integral part of it. I was expecting him to recuse himself from the TCUN cheating scandal since they are part of his conference. Regarding UNC, I'm thinking they're gonna hit the Tarheels hard when all is said and done.

But not as hard as they gonna hit The Cheaters Up North! :)

Ifyouonlyknew
04-24-2017, 02:29 PM
I don't think he was ever involved with the OM case. This was just a formality letting people know because he was asked about it today.

BeastMan
04-24-2017, 02:42 PM
Y'all should have read my post in February on this topic

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?53728-Let-s-talk-COI-committee&p=711803

Technetium
04-24-2017, 02:42 PM
Do we know if Rosebowl or others are filing FOI requests routinely to see if we've passed the response deadline yet? Or, asked another way, are they required to make any response public, or is that just required when someone invokes FOI?

WSOPdawg
04-24-2017, 02:48 PM

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?53728-Let-s-talk-COI-committee&p=711803&viewfull=1&styleid=2

Yes, I remember that one BeastMan. Well done by you sir. And as you alluded, the COI representatives will arguably have very little interest in preserving the reputation of southern football and will be more concerned with primarily focusing on academic integrity and protecting those that participate in the NCAA. TCUN will probably find very few friends on this committee and their past actions will ultimately doom them.

JDog13
04-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Do we know if Rosebowl or others are filing FOI requests routinely to see if we've passed the response deadline yet? Or, asked another way, are they required to make any response public, or is that just required when someone invokes FOI?

They've been breaking state law by not producing info requested. They don't give a damn, no one is gonna hold them accountable.

Dawgowar
04-24-2017, 03:26 PM
2 things it means - one, recusing himself from an SEC school's proceedings is just common sense. Two - the COI may be forming the sitting members of the UNM case. Be interesting to see who they draw for this one. Lot of talent to pick from.

MadDawg
04-24-2017, 03:39 PM
Yes, I remember that one BeastMan. Well done by you sir. And as you alluded, the COI representatives will arguably have very little interest in preserving the reputation of southern football and will be more concerned with primarily focusing on academic integrity and protecting those that participate in the NCAA. TCUN will probably find very few friends on this committee and their past actions will ultimately doom them.

***replied to wrong post, I'm an idiot ****

MadDawg
04-24-2017, 03:40 PM

The law doesn't apply to them. FOI requests aren't worth the paper they are written on. They throw them straight in the garbage can with a big ole chuckle. Nobody in state government has the balls or the morals to call them on it.

Technetium
04-24-2017, 03:47 PM
So that goes back to the second version of my question: are they required to make the NOA response public? If so, what enforces that? If not, what can be done about it to get the information earlier before the COI releases their ruling many months from now?

Reason2succeed
04-24-2017, 03:51 PM
it means that ish is about to get real. Grab your popcorn.

Mimi's Babies
04-24-2017, 03:56 PM

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?53728-Let-s-talk-COI-committee&p=711803&viewfull=1&styleid=2

I read this article... very well written.... #HAILSTATE....

Mimi's Babies
04-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Looks like out 90 days PLUS the 30 extension is ABOUT UP..... With Sankey recusing himself..... OUR wait MUST be coming to an END... #HAILSTATE.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2017/04/24/sec-commish-sankey-says-not-involved-ole-miss-case/100848600/

Ifyouonlyknew
04-24-2017, 04:01 PM
Looks like out 90 days PLUS the 30 extension is ABOUT UP..... With Sankey recusing himself..... OUR wait MUST be coming to an END... #HAILSTATE.

Bjork said their NOA response would be out early June

Ari Gold
04-24-2017, 04:04 PM

"Can't wait to tell our side." We can't wait to hear it shitbird.

Spiderman
04-24-2017, 04:10 PM
He would recuse himself if any SEC member were coming before the committee.

Just as would any AD or president would if their school came before it

Mimi's Babies
04-24-2017, 04:10 PM

Ie..... May 26, 2016.... 4:30 pm.... just like last year...
Then the powers at that stupid school up-North will ALL be in hiding for the Memorial Day Holidays.... They do not have a back bone.... enough to answer questions concerning them paying these recruits... and the prostitutes..... ugh

starkvegasdawg
04-24-2017, 04:52 PM
It's coming

Bad. Ass. That is all.

Percho
04-24-2017, 05:07 PM
It's coming

F-5???

shannondawg
04-24-2017, 06:00 PM

Jarius
04-24-2017, 06:44 PM

Rosebowl's FOI request was denied. He asked for the amended NOA and the Leo tapes. Once they denied his request he appealed to the ethics committee and is awaiting their response.

msbulldog
04-24-2017, 06:48 PM
F-5???

Ya think?

GTHOM
04-24-2017, 06:51 PM
I think OM will get hit hard and will probably cripple them for at least 3-5 years, but OM aint getting kicked out of the conference.

Reason2succeed
04-24-2017, 06:53 PM
But I heard that the AG Sessions was going to come in and disband the NCAA.***

starkvegasdawg
04-24-2017, 07:23 PM
F-5???

Actually, not even sure it has a tornado with it.

Mimi's Babies
04-24-2017, 07:24 PM
. (http://on.thec-l.com/2m9hIVw)..

That is a simple way of not allowing certain players to transfer... Have been told that one family member has been asking around on our campus about the player transferring... We don't want nor need their players...

Mimi's Babies
04-24-2017, 07:25 PM
I think OM will get hit hard and will probably cripple them for at least 3-5 years, but OM aint getting kicked out of the conference.

Only 5 years..... NO... longer... there has been sanctions issued with in the last 4 years that would lead one to think that Freeze will NEVER coach again.... For what they have done to recruits and their families -- they don't deserve anything but the DEATH PENALTY.....

ScoobaDawg
04-24-2017, 07:31 PM
... ]

Again. We don't link to that crappy site. May they die along with UM.

Dawgowar
04-24-2017, 07:43 PM
We don't want nor need their players...

Sorry but if they can effectively block, catch, and get to the QB our staff would be idiots to turn them away if they came with no strings or baggage.

Only 5 years..... NO... longer... their has been sanctions issued with in the last 4 years that would lead one to think that Freeze will NEVER coach again.... For what they have done to recruits and their families -- they don't deserve anything but the DEATH PENALTY.....

They are already effectively on probation. I am fine with this pace. Every year they get Dear John'd by the 4 and 5 star kids IS in fact probation. The longer that condition exists before official punishments go into effect the better. 3-5 years may be the official length of probation/penalties, but the effects will be felt 2-3 years BEFORE, 3-5 during, and at least 2 AFTER. If we can't capitalize on that condition in our backyard then we do not deserve a higher expectation.

Reunion Dog
04-24-2017, 09:16 PM
Sankey is a WEAK conference commisioner. He needs to be gone sooner than later.... That was a bad hire.... and it's gonna cost the whole SEC if we aren't careful....

Mimi's Babies
04-25-2017, 09:15 AM
We don't want nor need their players...

Sorry but if they can effectively block, catch, and get to the QB our staff would be idiots to turn them away if they came with no strings or baggage.

Only 5 years..... NO... longer... their has been sanctions issued with in the last 4 years that would lead one to think that Freeze will NEVER coach again.... For what they have done to recruits and their families -- they don't deserve anything but the DEATH PENALTY.....

They are already effectively on probation. I am fine with this pace. Every year they get Dear John'd by the 4 and 5 star kids IS in fact probation. The longer that condition exists before official punishments go into effect the better. 3-5 years may be the official length of probation/penalties, but the effects will be felt 2-3 years BEFORE, 3-5 during, and at least 2 AFTER. If we can't capitalize on that condition in our backyard then we do not deserve a higher expectation.

What you may not understand..... There are high school coaches associated with this mess. UNLESS all of them are FIRED, replaced, removed from coaching then this mess will continue.... It is amazing that some coaches have way too much money floating at this time. They sure don't make very much as a high school football coaches or teachers...

Mimi's Babies
04-25-2017, 09:21 AM
From another site.....

This is what an OM family member says about Sankey -

If anyone believes that Greg Sankey (commissioner of the SEC) didn't have anything to do with the investigation at Ole Miss is blind. According to Clarion Ledger he said he recluse himself from anything involving other Sec schools and didn't know about the immunity given Leo Lewis to turn in Ole Miss. Here's a hint...he's on the infraction Committee with the NCAA, he knew, he probably submitted the proposal to the committee. Here's another hint his daughter goes to Mississippi State...
He's not going to help us through this investigation because he is the investigation. He needs to resign now from the SEC.

Reason2succeed
04-25-2017, 11:46 AM
From another site.....

If anyone believes that Greg Sankey (commissioner of the SEC) didn't have anything to do with the investigation at Ole Miss is blind. According to Clarion Ledger he said he recluse himself from anything involving other Sec schools and didn't know about the immunity given Leo Lewis to turn in Ole Miss. Here's a hint...he's on the infraction Committee with the NCAA, he knew, he probably submitted the proposal to the committee. Here's another hint his daughter goes to Mississippi State...
He's not going to help us through this investigation because he is the investigation. He needs to resign now from the SEC.

https://media.giphy.com/media/VrSZDlpRaHYje/giphy.gif

shannondawg
04-25-2017, 11:54 AM
Again. We don't link to that crappy site. May they die along with UM.

I seed it now. Gotcha!

msbulldog
04-25-2017, 12:22 PM
Actually, not even sure it has a tornado with it.

Vegas, I'm not a storm chaser like you, but if I saw that I'd sure think a bad a$$ tornado was fixing to drop out.

Tbonewannabe
04-25-2017, 12:48 PM
From another site.....

Hell, Let's go after Bama next. I didn't know we had that much pull.

starkvegasdawg
04-25-2017, 12:55 PM
Vegas, I'm not a storm chaser like you, but if I saw that I'd sure think a bad a$$ tornado was fixing to drop out.

Have to keep in mind that is a time lapse video so it is really sped up showing the rotation. That said, that storm was more than capable of dropping the aforementioned bad ass tornado. What you were seeing in that time lapse was the downdraft and updraft winds kicking up a ton of dust. There was one section in it where the dust appeared to be rotating as the updraft sucked it up into the storm so I would expect it was tornado warned at the time at a minimum.

starkvegasdawg
04-25-2017, 12:56 PM
From another site.....

Every TSUN fan right now.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-S9HexbaTQjY/UxsYdtlX5rI/AAAAAAAAXu4/123kJ8toN20/s1600/The+truth+is+out+there.jpg

Dawgowar
04-25-2017, 01:50 PM
What you may not understand..... There are high school coaches associated with this mess. UNLESS all of them are FIRED, replaced, removed from coaching then this mess will continue.... It is amazing that some coaches have way too much money floating at this time. They sure don't make very much as a high school football coaches or teachers...

Not saying they should or shouldn't. High School coaches are however state/local employees and can be dealt with apart from the NCAA. That should be aggressively pursued but the NCAA has zero jurisdiction. They can label one or more boosters and disassociate them from UNM if the evidence mandates. They can't effectively punish them that I can see. If we had a responsible journalism industry in the state this could be dealt with very quickly.

MadDawg
04-25-2017, 02:01 PM
Rosebowl's FOI request was denied. He asked for the amended NOA and the Leo tapes. Once they denied his request he appealed to the ethics committee and is awaiting their response.

Hope he's not holding his breath.

LockeDawg
04-25-2017, 03:18 PM
From another site.....

He's not going to help us through this investigation because he is the investigation. He needs to resign now from the SEC.Do any of those clowns ever take the time to correct/contradict another poster when they post crap like this?

notsofarawaydawg
04-25-2017, 03:36 PM
Not saying they should or shouldn't. High School coaches are however state/local employees and can be dealt with apart from the NCAA. That should be aggressively pursued but the NCAA has zero jurisdiction. They can label one or more boosters and disassociate them from UNM if the evidence mandates. They can't effectively punish them that I can see. If we had a responsible journalism industry in the state this could be dealt with very quickly.

If said coach is a graduate of TCUN, they are a booster and can also be disassociated like others and should be. This should also be made public as they are cheating just like TCUN has been doing since the 60's.

Dawgology
04-25-2017, 03:43 PM
Hope he's not holding his breath.

Have you all researched the Mississippi Ethics Commission?? I took about 15 minutes and looked up the backgrounds of each. Out of the 8 members 6 are Ole Miss graduates, 1 is an MSU graduate, and 1 I couldn't find info on.

You have to hand it to UNM. They know how to stack the deck. You would think the feds would be interested in this stuff but maybe FOI's are just small beans.

ETA: Also their Chief Counsel is a UNM grad.

Not saying anything underhanded is happening there but it's not a good look. You would think an Ethics Commission would have to be non-partisan or unbiased.

Dawgowar
04-25-2017, 03:50 PM
If said coach is a graduate of TCUN, they are a booster and can also be disassociated like others and should be. This should also be made public as they are cheating just like TCUN has been doing since the 60's.

I said that "They can label one or more boosters and disassociate them from UNM if the evidence mandates." But disassociation is pretty easily worked around and no way the NCAA can make it apply to their duties as a high school coach.

Reason2succeed
04-25-2017, 03:50 PM
Have you all researched the Mississippi Ethics Commission?? I took about 15 minutes and looked up the backgrounds of each. Out of the 8 members 6 are Ole Miss graduates, 1 is an MSU graduate, and 1 I couldn't find info on.

You have to hand it to UNM. They know how to stack the deck. You would think the feds would be interested in this stuff but maybe FOI's are just small beans.

ETA: Also their Chief Counsel is a UNM grad.

Not saying anything underhanded is happening there but it's not a good look. You would think an Ethics Commission would have to be non-partisan or unbiased.

If there is one thing they teach at OM it is ethics.***************************

Dawgowar
04-25-2017, 03:52 PM
If there is one thing they teach at OM it is ethics.***************************

True. Kind of how Colonel Sanders teaches longevity to chickens.

Mimi's Babies
04-25-2017, 03:53 PM

School Board knows... if they refuse in the coming weeks to make good of the policies and procedures then all will go PUBLIC.....

Political Hack
04-25-2017, 03:54 PM

If it's denied, I want a bio of every sitting members of the "ethics" committee. We will go full scale anti-incumbent on them and support new members in their districts.

Mimi's Babies
04-25-2017, 03:56 PM

It doesn't matter IF they graduated from tsun or not.... IF they purchase season tickets they are a booster..... If this mess doesn't come out in the NOA then we will proceed from their. One coach has been fired as a coach... but still waiting to see the info on whether he keeps teaching. One coach is a grad from Om.... played ball there..... one was transporting a recruit to and from OM and is a season ticket holder... and there are at least 3 more...... ALL at one high school.

Acid mouth
04-25-2017, 04:12 PM
If it's denied, I want a bio of every sitting members of the "ethics" committee. We will go full scale anti-incumbent on them and support new members in their districts.

When does the ethics committee meet next? I would think TSUN has one month at the most to release the NOA.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
04-25-2017, 04:14 PM
From another site.....

What a tangled web he weaves!

Bully13
04-25-2017, 04:52 PM
Was that a reference to a poisonous Brown spider?

Bully13
04-25-2017, 04:53 PM
Or maybe someone who doesn't like to socialize? Somebody help us out.