PDA

View Full Version : Maybe LSU will

Lumpy Chucklelips
04-23-2017, 02:06 PM
now get ranked where they belong this year instead of living off the name on their jersey. 10-1 Cat's in the 5th. The cream will start rising to the top over these next few weeks. Hopefully we'll be part of it.

CadaverDawg
04-23-2017, 02:08 PM
Yea, LSU is ranked #9 because they have LSU on their jersey. They aren't nearly as good as years past. That being said, they have a history of turning it on late in the year....so they'll probably go on a run now and beat our ass. Ha

Todd4State
04-23-2017, 02:14 PM
Never underestimate LSU in baseball.

msstate7
04-23-2017, 02:15 PM

Yep. They have plenty of talent to get rolling any minute

Ari Gold
04-23-2017, 02:28 PM
The Cann effect.

MarketingBully
04-23-2017, 02:32 PM
They weren't supposed to do much last year and got a national seed. They returned a lot of those players (even some who passed up draft money to come back for Cann). Now you see a team with no Cann and a team that probably will achieve what they should have last year. Cann was a big reason for Mainieri's success the last couple of years. Without Cann, Mainieri would have been out a few years ago. If we didn't have Henderson as the pitching coach, Dunn seriously considered coming with Cann. Something to think about as LSU continues to struggle.

MarketingBully
04-23-2017, 02:33 PM

Mainieri is done. We just removed his security blanket and we are seeing what he really coaches like. I see Mainieri gone after next year.

MarketingBully
04-23-2017, 02:35 PM
Yea, LSU is ranked #9 because they have LSU on their jersey. They aren't nearly as good as years past. That being said, they have a history of turning it on late in the year....so they'll probably go on a run now and beat our ass. Ha

They won last year like we are this year. The two commonalities are Coach Cann. Coincidence?

Todd4State
04-23-2017, 02:35 PM
Mainieri is done. We just removed his security blanket and we are seeing what he really coaches like. I see Mainieri gone after next year.

It wouldn't shock me.

MarketingBully
04-23-2017, 02:36 PM
The Cann effect.

Yep, will be a great series in Starkville to end the year.

Bothrops
04-23-2017, 02:45 PM
Need to win the series before we get too critical here. We always have problems playing them.

Todd4State
04-23-2017, 02:47 PM
Need to win the series before we get too critical here. We always have problems playing them.

We didn't last year when we won in Baton Rouge.

basedog
04-23-2017, 02:52 PM
My Lsu buddies who are big baseball fans have been bragging about Cann and what he will do for Msu baseball. They are upset that he got away from them and they say Tulane was just plain stupid not hiring Cann which is easy to say right now.

Gonna get interesting the last 12 Sec games.

MarketingBully
04-23-2017, 02:55 PM
My Lsu buddies who are big baseball fans have been bragging about Cann and what he will do for Msu baseball. They are upset that he got away from them and they say Tulane was just plain stupid not hiring Cann which is easy to say right now.

Gonna get interesting the last 12 Sec games.

Agreed.

msbulldog
04-23-2017, 03:01 PM
The Cann effect.

Yep, Cann ought to know how to pitch to them and know how to hit 'em!

MarketingBully
04-23-2017, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know if we will get Rigby back for the stretch run? What about Ashcraft? We need those kids back if we are going to make any run in the post season.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-23-2017, 05:22 PM

And who do you think we be on their short list? Said security blanket?

Skydawg1
04-23-2017, 05:29 PM
Never underestimate LSU in baseball.I dunno man, they've already had their "Rally Opossum" moment this season and have lost a few since then. Mainieri's seat warming up big time. Also, he was Cann's biggest fan, so I know he hated it when MSU came calling for AC's services. I think the PM era in BR is winding down.

msstate7
04-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Lsu is 10-8 after 6 sec series, which is exactly where we were last season. They'll have a chance to sweep this weekend at bama and then back-to-back home series vs South Carolina and auburn. Finally, they come to us. I'll be surprised if they aren't 17-10 entering their series with us

Saltydog
04-23-2017, 05:42 PM
Poche' and Lange haven't been as good as most thought they would coming into the year yet they both have ERA's in the 3's......We'd kill for that.......

It will be extremely difficult for us to win that series and if it comes down to us having to beat them 2/3 to win the league, I wouldn't bet the farm......Over the last several years we've struggled mightily with them.........

Barkman Turner Overdrive
04-23-2017, 06:17 PM
We didn't last year when we won in Baton Rouge.

We also had two true SEC weekend starters in Sexton and Hudson last year.

I seen it dawg
04-23-2017, 08:12 PM
Also go look at the road home splits....played 2/3 of games in BR