PDA

View Full Version : Kirby Smart has lost control of the Program

BrunswickDawg
04-23-2017, 09:12 AM
Looks like Smart will have to deal with the same dubmass issues that hobbled Richt.
http://www.macon.com/sports/college/university-of-georgia/bulldogs-beat/uga-football/article146276514.html

Athens is a town that overwhelms kids with distractions, and too many of their recruits aren't prepared for it.

Being local, I know of the kid and some of his family, and let's just say it isn't shocking. Hate to see his shot blown before it even got started.

msbulldog
04-23-2017, 09:36 AM
Man, some of these kids are just stupid.

msbulldog
04-23-2017, 09:41 AM
Looks like Smart will have to deal with the same dubmass issues that hobbled Richt.
http://www.macon.com/sports/college/university-of-georgia/bulldogs-beat/uga-football/article146276514.html

Athens is a town that overwhelms kids with distractions, and too many of their recruits aren't prepared for it.

Being local, I know of the kid and some of his family, and let's just say it isn't shocking. Hate to see his shot blown before it even got started.

By the way Brunswick, I told you I had previously lived in Macon. I did subcontractor work at Brunswick Cellulose several times, really enjoyed my time spent in your town, very nice place.

DogsofAnarchy
04-23-2017, 09:56 AM

are having in our society today, is understanding that this incident isn't an isolated event. These problems are cultural at the very least and it's time we face this reality.

RiverCityDawg
04-23-2017, 10:39 AM
Bad situation, no doubt, but you can't pin this on Smart. He was a signee and not in the control of the football program. It's no different from the Simmons situation in that regard. But different from the Simmons situation, not sure this guy will get a second chance for a true domestic violence incident as opposed to Simmons in a parking lot fight and a terrible decision to hit a woman who was beating on his sister.

I seen it dawg
04-23-2017, 10:43 AM
Some people are just shitty

msstate7
04-23-2017, 10:46 AM
Some people are just shitty

Yeah, not sure what Athens had to do with this

Dawg61
04-23-2017, 10:56 AM
are having in our society today, is understanding that this incident isn't an isolated event. These problems are cultural at the very least and it's time we face this reality.

Yea good luck getting 7 billion people to be model citizens all the time. How about this is just one piece of shit being a piece of shit instead. He can lie in the bed he just made himself. There now it's done.

smootness
04-23-2017, 10:58 AM
Athens doesn't have any more distractions than most college towns. It's about who you recruit.

BrunswickDawg
04-23-2017, 11:00 AM
Yeah, not sure what Athens had to do with this
I was speaking to the long track record of kids doing stupid things in Athens - through multiple coaching staffs. It's probably not an influencer in this case, but when you look at the long, long, list of dui's, pot busts, and gun charges faced by UGA players you have to ask if the atmosphere on campus/in town feeds it.

Jack Lambert
04-23-2017, 11:03 AM
Maybe when Freeze is unemployed he can start a firm that helps College Athletes with problems. Probably make more money and will not have to cheat.

Bothrops
04-23-2017, 11:16 AM
This is a problem that will only get worse as the deterioration of the family continues to move in only one direction.

Bodaski
04-23-2017, 02:26 PM
Bad situation, no doubt, but you can't pin this on Smart. He was a signee and not in the control of the football program. It's no different from the Simmons situation in that regard. But different from the Simmons situation, not sure this guy will get a second chance for a true domestic violence incident as opposed to Simmons in a parking lot fight and a terrible decision to hit a woman who was beating on his sister.

I don't see how this is on Smart, the kid has not enrolled. This is like the Jeffery Simmon's deal. That was no more on Dan, as this is on Smart. IMO

The Federalist Engineer
04-23-2017, 05:17 PM
Athens doesn't have any more distractions than most college towns. It's about who you recruit.

I've lived in many places, never wanted to choke a person, never been to Athens though...maybe it's just the thing to do there, you get distracted and you just choke people.

Reason2succeed
04-23-2017, 09:20 PM

What? I would ask you to explain what you mean but I probably don't want to know.

mcain31
04-23-2017, 10:01 PM
I think that Dan Mullen could be a great mentor for that young man

smootness
04-24-2017, 08:01 AM
I was speaking to the long track record of kids doing stupid things in Athens - through multiple coaching staffs. It's probably not an influencer in this case, but when you look at the long, long, list of dui's, pot busts, and gun charges faced by UGA players you have to ask if the atmosphere on campus/in town feeds it.

It really is the kids they're recruiting. There are parts of Athens that aren't great, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. And downtown, while perhaps bigger than other college towns, isn't really special, either.

Recruit kids who are more likely to get DUI's, pot busts, and gun charges, and you'll end up with DUI's, pot busts, and gun charges.