PDA

View Full Version : Possibly an unpopular opinion

Noxdog
04-22-2017, 03:55 PM
But, I thought Anthony Craven did a great job yesterday in the booth. Unlike a lot I have no problem with Matt or Jay, although Jay tries a little too hard.

Anyway, Craven did well. Would not mind him on the broadcasts.

msbulldog
04-22-2017, 03:57 PM
But, I thought Anthony Craven did a great job yesterday in the booth. Unlike a lot I have no problem with Matt or Jay, although Jay tries a little too hard.

I thought so too.

confucius say
04-22-2017, 03:57 PM
I thought he was fine. Tried Lil too hard to be unbiased, but it was his first go round.

BeardoMSU
04-22-2017, 03:58 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/wrong.gif

99jc
04-22-2017, 04:10 PM
I thought he was fine. Tried Lil too hard to be unbiased, but it was his first go round.

The other teams announcers, yet every other broadcast the other teams announcers are like homers from Hell. I know it's petty but it bothers the shit outta me.

Noxdog
04-22-2017, 04:12 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/wrong.gif

Wow, Craven screw your GF or something? LOL.

Todd4State
04-22-2017, 07:17 PM
The other teams announcers, yet every other broadcast the other teams announcers are like homers from Hell. I know it's petty but it bothers the shit outta me.

In general, MSU is too nice sometimes. I do not know why. Jack Cristal was probably the most pro-MSU. They all are pro-MSU but Jack just didn't seem to give as much of a damn about being unbiased as the other guys.

Now, yes, I don't think anyone wants a David Kellum that goes crazy on a two yard gain up the middle like it's an miracle 90 yard touchdown run but I definitely believe that there is a middle ground.

shoeless joe
04-22-2017, 07:20 PM
In general, MSU is too nice sometimes. I do not know why. Jack Cristal was probably the most pro-MSU. They all are pro-MSU but Jack just didn't seem to give as much of a damn about being unbiased as the other guys.

Now, yes, I don't think anyone wants a David Kellum that goes crazy on a two yard gain up the middle like it's an miracle 90 yard touchdown run but I definitely believe that there is a middle ground.

Agreed. But I want state announcers to be homers...especially on radio. That's why I loved jack. And occasionally Jim allows his excitement to show...IMO that's when he's at his best.

I also like it when MLB guys are homers, as long as it's the regional broadcasts and not on the national stage.

Tbonewannabe
04-22-2017, 07:50 PM

Wasn't his first time and he has sucked every time. My wife thinks it is the other teams announcers every time he is on the broadcast. I am all for calling it fair like Jim but Craven is not that.

WSOPdawg
04-22-2017, 07:55 PM
Wasn't his first time and he has sucked every time. My wife thinks it is the other teams announcers every time he is on the broadcast. I am all for calling it fair like Jim but Craven is not that.

Agree, I didn't care for him at all. For some reason, he thought he had to comment with every waking segment. Less is more.

Mjoelner34
04-22-2017, 08:00 PM
Some people have a face for radio. He has a voice for silent movies.

BeardoMSU
04-22-2017, 08:10 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mjoelner34 again.

Jack Lambert
04-22-2017, 08:17 PM
Matt will not be the next announcer and lear sports is conducting the search and the new announcer will not be a current state person. They are the current owner of Miss State Sports radio and they are going find someone outside.

Todd4State
04-22-2017, 08:18 PM
Agreed. But I want state announcers to be homers...especially on radio. That's why I loved jack. And occasionally Jim allows his excitement to show...IMO that's when he's at his best.

I also like it when MLB guys are homers, as long as it's the regional broadcasts and not on the national stage.

Exactly. Jack was perfect. I loved to hear stories about how he would yell at the basketball refs and I always liked it when he criticized the team like with the Sonic Drive of the Game to Tupelo because you knew that he cared about MSU and MSU doing well just as much as me. It's like our other announcers are worried about making the other teams fans upset. Like we should care about that.

Todd4State
04-22-2017, 08:20 PM
Matt will not be the next announcer and the lear sports is conducting the search and the new announcer will not be a current state person.

I'm assuming that you are talking about for football?

Noxdog
04-22-2017, 08:50 PM
Agree, I didn't care for him at all. For some reason, he thought he had to comment with every waking segment. Less is more.

Then. Apparently he is horrible. Funny thing is that no one likes Matt or Jay that much from posts I have read. HMM, maybe the problem is in the mirror.

As far as a homer, Jack was a call it like I see it guy. If we looked good he acknowledged it. If we sucked, he said so.

DanDority
04-22-2017, 09:01 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Homedawg
04-22-2017, 09:09 PM

Are you serious? He was awful. I have a list of 50 things he said that grated on my nerves and/or were stupid. I don't need the guy to tell me how much baseball he's seen. I promise I've forgotten more than he knows. He sucks sorry b

Noxdog
04-22-2017, 09:13 PM
Are you serious? He was awful. I have a list of 50 things he said that grated on my nerves and/or were stupid. I don't need the guy to tell me how much baseball he's seen. I promise I've forgotten more than he knows. He sucks sorry b

LOL, it's just an opinion. Please list the 50 things, I'm bored.

Jack Lambert
04-22-2017, 09:16 PM
I'm assuming that you are talking about for football?

Yes but what I was to understand from a meeting I was in with one of the folks involved that who ever they hire will replace Ellis at baseball when he leaves.

Homedawg
04-22-2017, 09:31 PM

Want the appetizer? Here goes, 1- I've seen a lot of baseball in my life. 2-he says the guy is looking off speed and that's what allowed him to get a hit. Yet he hit a fastball!! (Will James isn't here I don't think)3-he can't pronounce the word IF!! 4- "he's got a 3-1 count, a hitters count so I imagine he will be taking here" �� 5-"he loves to swing a make contact". He said all of this. He sucks. Sorry. And yes I kept a record of most of the stupid ass stuff he said. It's a laundry list.

confucius say
04-22-2017, 10:21 PM
Does msu have any say in who is replacing Jim for basketball and football?

Homedawg
04-22-2017, 10:26 PM
Does msu have any say in who is replacing Jim for basketball and football?

Yes we do

I seen it dawg
04-22-2017, 10:26 PM
Guy was ****ing terrible. Obvious he knew less than dick about baseball.

Homedawg
04-22-2017, 10:44 PM

You must spread some rep around.....

BeardoMSU
04-22-2017, 10:54 PM

Hey, now....Cross isn't bad at calling basketball***

Noxdog
04-22-2017, 11:00 PM
Want the appetizer? Here goes, 1- I've seen a lot of baseball in my life. 2-he says the guy is looking off speed and that's what allowed him to get a hit. Yet he hit a fastball!! (Will James isn't here I don't think)3-he can't pronounce the word IF!! 4- "he's got a 3-1 count, a hitters count so I imagine he will be taking here" 🙄 5-"he loves to swing a make contact". He said all of this. He sucks. Sorry. And yes I kept a record of most of the stupid ass stuff he said. It's a laundry list.

to me. I'm just laughing my ass off about a grown man keeping a "laundry list" of annoying things an announcer says. Pathetic.

I hope they keep just to piss the bitchers off. LOL.

Noxdog
04-22-2017, 11:00 PM
Want the appetizer? Here goes, 1- I've seen a lot of baseball in my life. 2-he says the guy is looking off speed and that's what allowed him to get a hit. Yet he hit a fastball!! (Will James isn't here I don't think)3-he can't pronounce the word IF!! 4- "he's got a 3-1 count, a hitters count so I imagine he will be taking here" 🙄 5-"he loves to swing a make contact". He said all of this. He sucks. Sorry. And yes I kept a record of most of the stupid ass stuff he said. It's a laundry list.

to me. I'm just laughing my ass off about a grown man keeping a "laundry list" of annoying things an announcer says. Pathetic.

I hope they keep him just to piss the bitchers off. LOL.

Homedawg
04-22-2017, 11:09 PM

I hope they keep just to piss the bitchers off. LOL.

I was comparing notes w another guy who thought he sucked too.

Todd4State
04-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Yes but what I was to understand from a meeting I was in with one of the folks involved that who ever they hire will replace Ellis at baseball when he leaves.

I saw Ellis a couple of weeks ago riding around on a golf cart going to a baseball game. He looked really frail.

Todd4State
04-23-2017, 12:04 AM
Want the appetizer? Here goes, 1- I've seen a lot of baseball in my life. 2-he says the guy is looking off speed and that's what allowed him to get a hit. Yet he hit a fastball!! (Will James isn't here I don't think)3-he can't pronounce the word IF!! 4- "he's got a 3-1 count, a hitters count so I imagine he will be taking here" �� 5-"he loves to swing a make contact". He said all of this. He sucks. Sorry. And yes I kept a record of most of the stupid ass stuff he said. It's a laundry list.

Here's a scary thought- maybe Anthony Cravens IS Will James....

WSOPdawg
04-23-2017, 10:24 AM

I agree with Homedawg as I, at first, started making a mental list after the first 3 or 4 obvious grating items he said and then gave up. And throwing out stats non-stop in the 11th inning (after 8+ hours of baseball) was too much. Again, there comes a time when "less is more."

FWIW, I like Bart & Jay, but don't care one iota for Anthony or Matt.

Mimi's Babies
04-23-2017, 10:34 AM
Just PRAY lear sports doesn't hire Vern... from CBS Football....... WORST EVER....

BeardoMSU
04-23-2017, 10:47 AM
If he wasn't constantly complimenting Bama and saying shit like "Well, x-player's got 2 strikes; 1 more and he's out", then I guess he'd be alright**

I seen it dawg
04-23-2017, 11:15 AM
At some points he was so pro bama I thought we had their guys.

Dawgbite
04-23-2017, 11:30 AM
I've got an easy solution, go to the damn game and leave your radio at home!

I seen it dawg
04-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Yeah that is an easy solution....for those that don't live 5 ****ing hours away

CadaverDawg
04-23-2017, 12:12 PM
Craven sounds like a gameshow host. I turned down the volume he was so bad, and I never do that. I can't stand announcers or other newscasters or tv/radio people that try to add emphasis to their voices by adding an "A" sound before and after their words. Listen to Craven next time closely and you'll hear exactly what I'm referring to. Local newscasters are bad about it to.

Example: "Annnd just like that, athe bulldogsa, are back on top"