PDA

View Full Version : Q: If we win tomorrow, will the media really portray it as we are much improved....

MadDawg
09-13-2013, 11:26 AM
as some like c34 suggest:

"Win this game- national perception of us changes as well as the perception in the Southeast. Barrett Sallee and Finebaum will have to eat shit, and a growing part of our own fanbase will have a little more faith in Mullen."

Or will it be more about how much Auburn sucks and will be horrible again this year?

What say ye?

War Machine Dawg
09-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Option B. The media will only give us respect when we earn it on the field by beating an Okie State, LSU, etc. Of course, beating Auburn two years in a row would be making a statement.

CJDAWG85
09-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Sallee sucks... I've never seen or heard him say one good thing about Mullen or MSU...

Coach34
09-13-2013, 01:18 PM
We will get some credit- the talking heads around have given Auburn their due as an improved team this year.

The other day Finebaum was on ESPN and they were talking about the SEC possibly being down this year- and Finebaum said "well people are looking at the East and Mississippi State while jumping to that conclusion and it's just not true"

We have to win Saturday and we'll get some due. It wont be like winning a big one- but will certainly help out right now

smootness
09-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Why do we worry over this so much? Just win games, and it doesn't matter what they say about us.

HancockCountyDog
09-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Why do we worry over this so much? Just win games, and it doesn't matter what they say about us.

Thank you.

Lets get the win, I don't give a shit what everyone says about us. If we lose, we will deserve what the say. When we win, I could care less if they call us the worst team in the SEC, but they will have to call us 1-0 in the SEC.

Schultzy
09-13-2013, 03:03 PM
They will say MSU and Mullen potentially saved their season with this win because of the way the schedule looks and say it was a big win for us.
And I really hope we do because it looks like we have good enough players to win these type games.

They will also say it looks like AU has a long way to go. I'd be so happy though I wouldn't really care about that.

It will take a win over one of the big four left to play for anyone to start speaking well of us in the national media.

regdawg18
09-13-2013, 03:12 PM
I think we are supposed to winthis game even if vegas has us as an underdog. Gonna be a rough season if we lose obviously.

EEdawg15
09-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Even though it is aggravating that the media rarely if ever give us any respect, let them continue to pose us as the underdog. Our best games and even our best seasons seem to always come when we are the underdog. The 2010 season is a prime example.

hacker
09-13-2013, 04:20 PM

Because it has a direct impact on recruiting.