PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Recruiting Thoughts By Muschamp

ShotgunDawg
04-20-2017, 08:53 AM
We all complain that our coaches hold off on offering players till they see them at camp, but it appears Muschamp does the same thing. Due to Muschamp's recruiting ability, I find this interesting.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Will-Muschamp-If-you-dont-work-out-in-our-camp-Im-not-going-to-sign-you

Reason2succeed
04-20-2017, 09:24 AM
This line right here though: Muschamp said. “Look at Gus Malzahn, Art Briles, Hugh Freeze, there are some really good coaches (in high school).

He might not know it but two out of the three are about to be out of CFB forever. All of them could be accused of not being able to handle college aged football players. Malzahn has had a slew of bad characters on his teams.

WSOPdawg
04-20-2017, 10:52 AM
This line right here though: Muschamp said. “Look at Gus Malzahn, Art Briles, Hugh Freeze, there are some really good coaches (in high school).

He might not know it but two out of the three are about to be out of CFB forever. All of them could be accused of not being able to handle college aged football players. Malzahn has had a slew of bad characters on his teams.

Wow, imo he obviously said that tongue-in-cheek. Of all the coaches out there, to group Freeze and Briles together and then throw in Malzahn and talk about how good they are even if they have used the employment angle of high school coaches and relatives to lure recruits makes me wonder if Muschamp was having fun with a naive sports writer. Unless he really does hold these 3 coaches in high esteem, which I bet not.

Jack Lambert
04-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Who is he kidding? Freeze probably cheated at that private school he coached.

LockeDawg
04-20-2017, 03:12 PM
This line right here though: Muschamp said. ?Look at Gus Malzahn, Art Briles, Hugh Freeze, there are some really good coaches (in high school).

He might not know it but two out of the three are about to be out of CFB forever. All of them could be accused of not being able to handle college aged football players. Malzahn has had a slew of bad characters on his teams.Bingo! Two (Freeze/Briles)of those 3 will be out of coaching at the college level because they had to out right cheat or they totally ignored the ghastly activities of their staffers/players. The third is obviously in over his head at Auburn and is literally coaching for his job this season.

LockeDawg
04-20-2017, 03:18 PM
Wow, imo he obviously said that tongue-in-cheek. Of all the coaches out there, to group Freeze and Briles together and then throw in Malzahn and talk about how good they are even if they have used the employment angle of high school coaches and relatives to lure recruits makes me wonder if Muschamp was having fun with a naive sports writer. Unless he really does hold these 3 coaches in high esteem, which I bet not.Muschamp commented on how Malzhan ran his program in the few short months he was at Auburn. He said he'd never worked at a place where there was such a lackadaisical attitude towards winning, and he couldn't believe the lack of detail, attention, and organization in their recruiting processes.

32 Dive
04-20-2017, 03:43 PM
Muschamp commented on how Malzhan ran his program in the few short months he was at Auburn. He said he'd never worked at a place where there was such a lackadaisical attitude towards winning, and he couldn't believe the lack of detail, attention, and organization in their recruiting processes.

All you need is who picks up the list of names, under the Head Coach's front doormat. The REAL "detail, attention, and organization" comes on the other side of that transfer.

Amirite? #TheyGood

Cary Hudson's little bro
04-20-2017, 08:49 PM
Coaches trust kids with their livelihoods...I don't have a problem with this approach. Find out if the kid will quit when it gets hard.

tireddawg
04-20-2017, 09:43 PM
Where/when did he say this? You got a link?