PDA

View Full Version : In a weird twist- Aaron Hernandez dead

lamont
04-19-2017, 05:46 AM
supposedly committed suicide in jail. Odd he would do that after winning his last trial just a few days ago.

confucius say
04-19-2017, 05:56 AM
That trial was the one thing he had to live for, to show he didn't commit those double murders. Now that it's over and he is still serving a life sentence from the first murdet conviction, he had nothing to live for.

I seen it dawg
04-19-2017, 06:06 AM
**** that guy

starkvegasdawg
04-19-2017, 06:35 AM
**** that guy

Pretty much sums it up right there.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-19-2017, 06:36 AM
So will Tim Tebow miss a baseball game to go to Hernandez's funeral?

HSVDawg
04-19-2017, 07:20 AM
supposedly committed suicide in jail. Odd he would do that after winning his last trial just a few days ago.

Not any more odd than committing between 1 and 3 cold blooded murders while sitting on a $40 million contract to play a kid's game for a living.

shoeless joe
04-19-2017, 08:14 AM
Good

louisvilledawg
04-19-2017, 08:23 AM
No sympathy for the devil.

fader2103
04-19-2017, 08:26 AM
I don't like the guy, but it sucks for his family.

Bully13
04-19-2017, 08:34 AM

I am more concerned about the family of the one he murdered.

Tbonewannabe
04-19-2017, 08:36 AM

It sucks for his family that he killed his fiance's sister's boyfriend. They were already messed up. I just hope what money they have doesn't run out and lead them back into the gang life.

Doggie_Style
04-19-2017, 08:50 AM

He lived like a coward and died like one.....good riddance

SaintDawg
04-19-2017, 09:07 AM
Dirt nap for A-A-ron.

Tbonewannabe
04-19-2017, 09:10 AM
Just goes to show how hard it is to get away from that gang culture.

sleepy dawg
04-19-2017, 09:11 AM
This will go down as one of the most f*cked up stories in sports history. I wouldn't be surprised if this still isn't the end of the story.

Joe Schmedlap
04-19-2017, 09:35 AM
I am more concerned about the family of the one he murdered.

THIS all day long.

Op4isabitch
04-19-2017, 09:39 AM
The last two days have been good, rid the earth of two coward scumbags.

dawgs
04-19-2017, 09:51 AM
It sucks for his family that he killed his fiance's sister's boyfriend. They were already messed up. I just hope what money they have doesn't run out and lead them back into the gang life.

I think if Hernandez proved anything, it's that money doesn't matter when it comes to choosing to live the gang life.

dawgs
04-19-2017, 09:56 AM

I'm not a criminal lawyer so this is just speculation from a comment elsewhere I read, but his lawyers filed an appeal on the murder conviction last week. Since he died with the case under appeal, it could result in the patriots having to honor the guaranteed money in his contract, which would mean a windfall for his family. If that's even a possibility, I'm sure there will be a lengthy legal battle. But maybe that factored into his decision to off himself now.

Commercecomet24
04-19-2017, 09:59 AM
I'm not a criminal lawyer so this is just speculation from a comment elsewhere I read, but his lawyers filed an appeal on the murder conviction last week. Since he died with the case under appeal, it could result in the patriots having to honor the guaranteed money in his contract, which would mean a windfall for his family. If that's even a possibility, I'm sure there will be a lengthy legal battle. But maybe that factored into his decision to off himself now.

Also because his murder conviction was under appeal, the conviction will eventually be vacated.

starkvegasdawg
04-19-2017, 10:00 AM

I wouldn't think so. It may be under appeal, but the official verdict is guilty as hell and that is still the decision of record. You can appeal anything, but your ass is still going to be serving the sentence handed down while under appeal.

dawgs
04-19-2017, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't think so. It may be under appeal, but the official verdict is guilty as hell and that is still the decision of record. You can appeal anything, but your ass is still going to be serving the sentence handed down while under appeal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/under-massachusetts-aaron-hernandez-suicide-voids-murder-conviction/

There's gonna be a legal battle over that money is all I'm saying

FISHDAWG
04-19-2017, 10:19 AM
he went in as a Tight end but the Warden moved him to wide recvr and he just couldn't handle the change in position

DancingRabbit
04-19-2017, 10:26 AM
Just goes to show how hard it is to get away from that gang culture.

I don't think he grew up around gang culture. It seems he was a wannabe gangster and sought it out.

From a Dan Wetzel article:

Hernandez grew up in a two-parent home until his father's death when he was 16. The home sits on a hill in Bristol, basketball hoop in the drive way, fence out front, small yard the boys had to mow and rake as the seasons came and went. The kids would lift weights in the basement and run gassers up the hill, preparing for the big-time. Around the corner is where Shayanna grew up, elementary school classmates and an on-again, off-again couple since junior high.

And yet when he got out of the University of Florida, he decided to pal up with Bradley, an East Hartford (Conn.) marijuana trafficker. When Hernandez made it to the NFL he decided to befriend the street life. Hernandez?s story is the strangest of them all. He wasn't dragged back down by his hometown or old gang ties or anything like it ? he sought it out. Bradley and his friends used to mock him for his cushy upbringing and comparatively quiet hometown, best known as the home of ESPN.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-hernandez-exhibited-slightest-change-final-days-143616551.html

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-19-2017, 10:27 AM
@NFL: Aaron Hernandez out indefinitely with a neck injury**

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-19-2017, 10:31 AM
I don't think he grew up around gang culture. It seems he was a wannabe gangster and sought it out.

From a Dan Wetzel article:
Hernandez grew up in a two-parent home until his father's death when he was 16.
his friends used to mock him for his cushy upbringing and comparatively quiet hometown

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-hernandez-exhibited-slightest-change-final-days-143616551.html

Unfortunately, missing father figure and "peer pressure" aren't unique to him.

Jarius
04-19-2017, 10:53 AM
@NFL: Aaron Hernandez out indefinitely with a neck injury**

The guy just can't stop killing people **

fader2103
04-19-2017, 12:19 PM
guess i can't pick him on my fantasy team anymore

I seen it dawg
04-19-2017, 12:26 PM
Guy was a total shitbag. Apologies to the bedsheets that had to participate but thanks.

archdog
04-19-2017, 01:34 PM

Not a lawyer, but Reddit had this to say... from u/sues2nd

Not sure if this has been explained yet but...
So out here in Boston there is a local sports talk radio show called Toucher & Rich. Last hour they had on a law professor and a lawyer to explain what's going on and why he probably did it.
Because his murder conviction is in appeal, and his recent gun charge will go into appeal...now that he is dead, those appeals cannot be heard and those convictions will be vacated. And while this doesn't help with the civil suits his family/estate will face from the victims families, it does make it so that officially Aaron Hernandez does not have any convictions under his name.
Now what that means in the grand scheme of things is his family is now technically entitled to his NFL pension, his signing bonus and any other money the Patriots owe him. I'm sure they will fight it but it gives the family a leg to stand on.
This happened in the case of the Catholic Priest that touched all those kids. Father Goggins I think his name was. Convicted, appealed, offed himself and they vacated the convictions. The families still were able to bring civil charges but he officially never got convicted.
TL;DR - Hernandez convictions will be vacated now, he is no longer a felon and is owed his nfl pension, his signing bonus and more money that will all technically go to his family.

Commercecomet24
04-19-2017, 02:24 PM
Not a lawyer, but Reddit had this to say... from u/sues2nd

Not sure if this has been explained yet but...
So out here in Boston there is a local sports talk radio show called Toucher & Rich. Last hour they had on a law professor and a lawyer to explain what's going on and why he probably did it.
Because his murder conviction is in appeal, and his recent gun charge will go into appeal...now that he is dead, those appeals cannot be heard and those convictions will be vacated. And while this doesn't help with the civil suits his family/estate will face from the victims families, it does make it so that officially Aaron Hernandez does not have any convictions under his name.
Now what that means in the grand scheme of things is his family is now technically entitled to his NFL pension, his signing bonus and any other money the Patriots owe him. I'm sure they will fight it but it gives the family a leg to stand on.
This happened in the case of the Catholic Priest that touched all those kids. Father Goggins I think his name was. Convicted, appealed, offed himself and they vacated the convictions. The families still were able to bring civil charges but he officially never got convicted.
TL;DR - Hernandez convictions will be vacated now, he is no longer a felon and is owed his nfl pension, his signing bonus and more money that will all technically go to his family.

You nailed it brother! Conviction is vacated. He knew exactly what he was doing and all his buddies saying he would never commit suicide are wrong! He waited until this case was over and he was acquitted and the appeal was filed. The story is tragic for all the victims involved but Hernandez was scum. Smh

HSVDawg
04-19-2017, 02:31 PM
Unfortunately, missing father figure and "peer pressure" aren't unique to him.

Unique to him? The missing father doesn't even apply to him. His dad was around until less than 2 years before he was legally an adult.

It sounds like he actively sought out the wrong crowd even in high school. Guys with privileged upbringing typically have no problem finding friends that are cut from the same cloth. The fact that he was hanging out with the types of folks that make fun of those people proves that he sought them out intentionally.

Tbonewannabe
04-19-2017, 03:13 PM
Unique to him? The missing father doesn't even apply to him. His dad was around until less than 2 years before he was legally an adult.

It sounds like he actively sought out the wrong crowd even in high school. Guys with privileged upbringing typically have no problem finding friends that are cut from the same cloth. The fact that he was hanging out with the types of folks that make fun of those people proves that he sought them out intentionally.

A lot of Americans idolize gang culture. How popular is Scarface? Just look at most rap and they are talking about making those stacks. It is getting everywhere also. Mississippi is getting pretty bad. Just like the story of that girl that was burned to death.

drunkernhelldawg
04-19-2017, 03:43 PM
The last two days have been good, rid the earth of two coward scumbags.

Wow. Maybe I'm a coward because this doesn't make me want to celebrate.

whosyourdawgy
04-19-2017, 05:09 PM
the guy that he is serving a life sentence for to keep him from ratting on him for the double murder? Am I right? And then he takes the easy way out and kills himself? Saved the tax payers a few hundred thousand over the next 40 years tho.

HSVDawg
04-19-2017, 05:18 PM
the guy that he is serving a life sentence for to keep him from ratting on him for the double murder? Am I right? And then he takes the easy way out and kills himself? Saved the tax payers a few hundred thousand over the next 40 years tho.

Correct. May cost the Patriots a shit ton though.

HSVDawg
04-19-2017, 05:37 PM
You nailed it brother! Conviction is vacated. He knew exactly what he was doing and all his buddies saying he would never commit suicide are wrong! He waited until this case was over and he was acquitted and the appeal was filed. The story is tragic for all the victims involved but Hernandez was scum. Smh

My question is this. Let's forget the fact that he killed a guy, was convicted of murder, and was put on trial and acquitted of 2 other murders before the suicide. Let's say just for the sake of argument that he just up and killed himself 2 days after signing the $40 million contract. Would his family still be entitled to the guaranteed money and NFL pension under those circumstances? I'm thinking there's no way in hell that any NFL team's attorneys would be dumb enough to not include contingencies for nullified terms in the event of a suicide (that is SOP for beneficiaries of any legal contract, especially life insurance policies). If the family doesn't get any money under that alternative scenario, what makes this any different? He still killed himself.

lastmajordog
04-19-2017, 05:42 PM
Ray Lewis laughs all the way to the bank after pontificating on ESPN...