PDA

View Full Version : USCe bans credentialed reporter

BeastMan
09-13-2013, 10:08 AM
I lay it out a bit more detailed
http://3rdand57.com/spurrier-stiff-arms-the-media/

But its funny to me how if you even suggest MSU doing this, people freak out like you cant. You only have to do this type of thing once and it all stops. Just to be clear, USC did not set the precedent. This has done many more times than the general public knows about.

Thick
09-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Send this to Stricklin, Keenum, and Dan.

PassInterference
09-13-2013, 10:13 AM
That's how a school with sack does it. I've seen some pro sports do that - maybe not directly have a guy fired, but give him the worst seat in the house if he gets in at all and never let him ask a question in a press conference.

ckDOG
09-13-2013, 10:21 AM
MSU people are too nice and/or stupid to fire coaches that need firing and blackball reporters/"analysts" that need blackballing. We allow folks to linger when their welcome should be removed long ago. The coaching stuff if delicate, but when reporters are obviously out to get you or your alleged MSU analysts are out selling stories that harm us, you remove their access to the program. Simple.

C222
09-13-2013, 10:21 AM
I lay it out a bit more detailed
http://3rdand57.com/spurrier-stiff-arms-the-media/

But its funny to me how if you even suggest MSU doing this, people freak out like you cant. You only have to do this type of thing once and it all stops. Just to be clear, USC did not set the precedent. This has done many more times than the general public knows about.

I thought the paper that guy works for said he couldn't cover South Carolina games anymore. Either way, still funny to me. I wish it would happen to Stevens.

smootness
09-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Well, nothing anybody who covers State has done compares to what that reporter did. He actually lied about interaction between the two coaches and then compared Spurrier's SC to Paterno's Penn State.

You can't start restricting access simply because every story somebody writes isn't completely positive to your program. The only things that matters are, was the article true? and was it fair?

I can't remember anything any of our beat writers have written that was blatantly false or could honestly be construed as terribly unfair. They may not all be great at their jobs, but for the most part there's not a real issue with any of them.

BeastMan
09-13-2013, 10:34 AM
@C222
The paper did make the ruling but after Spurrier, the AD, and school president got involved and pressured the paper

@smootness
Everything you just said makes good sense and I agree. The reporter in Columbia was going to far. The reason I post here is b/c that discussion has been had and people say, "You can never do that". Im just showing you can and it does happen. It has happened a few times in the SEC recently actually

smootness
09-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Gotcha, touche.

bluelightstar
09-13-2013, 11:09 AM
The paper also gave in to pressure and let him return to covering USCe.

Barking 13
09-13-2013, 11:25 AM
They ought to make all reporters go thru Balis' camp before they are eligble to report.. wink

even Bob did..lol

BeastMan
09-13-2013, 11:26 AM
The paper also gave in to pressure and let him return to covering USCe.

You wanna bet who is on their best behavior?

engie
09-13-2013, 11:43 AM
I can't remember anything any of our beat writers have written that was blatantly false or could honestly be construed as terribly unfair. They may not all be great at their jobs, but for the most part there's not a real issue with any of them.

Go reread the Redmond "car" article by Matt Stevens... While it might not be "slanderous" in the eyes of a court -- it was purposefully misleading and lacked proper context...

There were people that got blackballed by OM for reporting on the Marlon Humphrey twitter incident...Seriously...

I've simply never heard of this happening at MSU -- even though you can tell beyond a shadow of a doubt that Mullen hates a couple of them...

preachermatt83
09-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Stevens should never be allowed on campus. He is a snake and everyone knows it!