PDA

View Full Version : O.T. somebody please explain what I just saw regarding a duck here in ft worth

Bully13
04-18-2017, 08:19 PM
I'm in my backyard which parallels a 4 lane , 40 MPh thoroughfare. I see a big assed mallard flying his ass off next to a redneck in a pick up truck tooting his duck call.

So help me God I speak the truth and I'm not drunk.

missouridawg
04-18-2017, 09:32 PM
I'm in my backyard which parallels a 4 lane , 40 MPh thoroughfare. I see a big assed mallard flying his ass off next to a redneck in a pick up truck tooting his duck call.

So help me God I speak the truth and I'm not drunk.

I would love to see this.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
04-18-2017, 09:41 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/EpNuD1cvkX4Vq/giphy.gif

TUSK
04-18-2017, 11:40 PM
Both my neighbor and I have (separately) seen the Ring Necked Pheasant in the woods/on the highway just East of Columbus....

are they tasty?

BB30
04-19-2017, 08:34 AM
Both my neighbor and I have (separately) seen the Ring Necked Pheasant in the woods/on the highway just East of Columbus....

are they tasty?

Actually a fairly common sight ha. There are several people in the area that raise pheasants to sell to kick and shoot places. Inevitably some get away or don't get lost during the "hunt". If you are ever between Columbus and West Point you will see them pretty often. I have seen them a couple of times on the way to Tuscaloosa as well right around the state line.

TUSK
04-19-2017, 11:59 AM
Actually a fairly common sight ha. There are several people in the area that raise pheasants to sell to kick and shoot places. Inevitably some get away or don't get lost during the "hunt". If you are ever between Columbus and West Point you will see them pretty often. I have seen them a couple of times on the way to Tuscaloosa as well right around the state line.

Thanks for the confirmation. I suspected they "fell off a truck" en route to a hunting preserve (or somethin' of the like)...

I wouldn't mind them getting a foothold and developing a population, although their outlook in this area is dim, IMO...

Edit... the two that my neighbor and I spotted were ~3 miles from the state line between the old and new HWY 82....

Saltydog
04-19-2017, 07:43 PM
these parts. The quail population is evident of that. Predators, fire ants and loss of habitat have devastated this State's quail population.

starkvegasdawg
04-19-2017, 07:54 PM
these parts. The quail population is evident of that. Predators, fire ants and loss of habitat have devastated this State's quail population.

I honestly don't remember the last time I heard a quail in the wild. I was a kid I know that. I've got the windows open now listening to a whip-or-will outside.

chainedup_Dawg
04-19-2017, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. I suspected they "fell off a truck" en route to a hunting preserve (or somethin' of the like)...

I wouldn't mind them getting a foothold and developing a population, although their outlook in this area is dim, IMO...

Edit... the two that my neighbor and I spotted were ~3 miles from the state line between the old and new HWY 82....

Prairie Wildlife raises and has a pretty good population of pheasant. They are a little northeast of West Point on the West side of the river.

TUSK
04-20-2017, 02:38 AM
When I was knee high to a grasshopper, I remember tripping over a covey of quail, and gettin' knocked out when my grape landed on a rabbit....

alas, neither are much 'round, anymore....

shoeless joe
04-20-2017, 07:02 AM
There are some wild quail trying to make a come back if you know where to look

AS for the duck, prolly one that that guy raised so it follows him around like its mother