PDA

View Full Version : How big is this game?

It_Could_Happen
09-13-2013, 09:00 AM
I think a lot of people are kind of underplaying this game Saturday. In my opinion, our bowl hopes are on the line, the season is on the line, and if we don't win Saturday. It's up hill from here on out for Dan

BeastMan
09-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Bowl hopes aren't 100% on the line but this game is pretty damn big

PassInterference
09-13-2013, 09:07 AM
The SEC opener is always big. SEC wins are always big. So yeah, this is a big game.

But I'm not buying the "biggest of Dan's career" hype.

Thick
09-13-2013, 09:07 AM
For the last 3 years the AU game has been important. We have discussed this every year during the pre-season the importance of this game. It has more importance now that aTm has joined the west. We need to stay ahead or even in talent or talent development with OM, UA, and AU every year to guarantee success.

So...YES, this game will make or break our season after OSU.

bocfarm
09-13-2013, 09:11 AM
Can still go bowling but odds are low on a Mullen team finishing strong to beat @Ark and OM

I think this one goes a long ways in defining our season

Jack Lambert
09-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Bowl hopes aren't 100% on the line but this game is pretty damn big

I agree and this one we don't need to let get away.

Coach34
09-13-2013, 09:14 AM
I think it is HUGE for Mullen, the team, and the fanbase.

Win this game- national perception of us changes as well as the perception in the Southeast. Barrett Sallee and Finebaum will have to eat shit, and a growing part of our own fanbase will have a little more faith in Mullen

Lose this game? All we will hear is that State is in the decline, Mullen is about done, Freezus has taken back the state of Miss, and on and on and ****ing on

Thick
09-13-2013, 09:16 AM

Win this game- national perception of us changes as well as the perception in the Southeast. Barrett Sallee and Finebaum will have to eat shit, and a growing part of our own fanbase will have a little more faith in Mullen

Lose this game? All we will hear is that State is in the decline, Mullen is about done, Freezus has taken back the state of Miss, and on and on and ****ing on

^^^This all day long and twice on Sunday!!!!

bocfarm
09-13-2013, 09:18 AM

Yes

Goat Holder
09-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Bowl hopes are ABSOLUTELY on the line. Lose this game, we may very well lose to Troy.

slickdawg
09-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Grow a pair people. We are going down to Auburn and we are going to win.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-13-2013, 09:26 AM
This is make or break the season, most of the time, the team that loses goes on to have a shittastic season. Of course, the end results may be skewed by the number of years State absolutely sucking donkey ball sacks.

slickdawg
09-13-2013, 09:34 AM
We lost to them in 2010 and had the BEST SEASON WE'VE HAD THIS MILLENIUM.

Jesus, Dan lost to #13 OSU. Some of you act like he lost to Maine.

cheewgumm
09-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Totally, exactly right.

bocfarm
09-13-2013, 09:38 AM

Only problem is A&M better than GA that yr and USC much better than FL...OM is also much better....throw in the Bama & LSU and the schedule is much harder than 2010 outside of Ark

cheewgumm
09-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Last years debacle is in play. This is more than the ok state game.

HancockCountyDog
09-13-2013, 09:47 AM

+1

We will win this damn game. We ****ing better. If you can't beat AU when they are 2 games removed from going 0-8 in the SEC in the 5th year of your coaching career at MSU, I mean WTF is the point. Luckily, this won't matter. We are winning this game. AU's OL is terrible, and our DL is better than their DL and I don't think they can pass the ball on us. The only way we lose is if our damn kicker misses chip shot fg's or some stupid turnover or screwjob on the plains.

Thick

Damn Slick, aTm and OSU were not on our schedule in 2010, and OM is better too. Not to mention the remainder of our OOC schedule is not a gimme. I'm all about being positive, but no one on this board would agree that if we lost to OSU and AU we would win six.

msstate7
Only problem is A&M better than GA that yr and USC much better than FL...OM is also much better....throw in the Bama & LSU and the schedule is much harder than 2010 outside of Ark

Well if you asked us how good those Georgia and Florida teams were 2 weeks into the season then we would've told you much better than they were. Point being this season is very young and we should let it play out more before chalking wins and losses up

angusyoung
09-13-2013, 09:50 AM
The vast majority of our most successful seasons are coupled with a win over Auburn. There are a handful of exceptions.

bocfarm
09-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Well if you asked us how good those Georgia and Florida teams were 2 weeks into the season then we would've told you much better than they were. Point being this season is very young and we should let it play out more before chalking wins and losses up

Im not saying forfeit those games but its pretty clear to me A&M and USC are better than those two teams were and OM is much better

Thick
09-13-2013, 09:57 AM
I take that back, there's still a chance to win 6 or hell maybe 7, but some major ball playing will have to take place for us to do it. Have to beat LSU and OM at home and Arkansas. 2 of those three have not been done in over a decade.

msstate7
09-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Im not saying forfeit those games but its pretty clear to me A&M and USC are better than those two teams were and OM is much better

Yeah they appear better at the moment. aTm has major defensive issues though, but their offense is great. USCe looks solid all around. OM is better as long as bo stays healthy. If Bo goes down, easy win. I still think unexpected things can happen and who knows who we beat or lose to for that matter

slickdawg
09-13-2013, 10:00 AM

How is OM much better? Nutt had back to back Cotton Bowl wins, BEST IN 50 YEARS, they had to beat their instate rival on their home field just to become bowl eligible last year.

bocfarm
09-13-2013, 10:04 AM
How is OM much better? Nutt had back to back Cotton Bowl wins, BEST IN 50 YEARS, they had to beat their instate rival on their home field just to become bowl eligible last year.

They went 5-7 (2-6 conf) pretty sure their going to have a better record than that...hope not though

BeastMan
09-13-2013, 10:05 AM

Funny and true at the same time

PassInterference
09-13-2013, 10:06 AM
I hate losing any game we could have won. I don't care if the opponent was the New England Patriots.

RougeDawg
09-13-2013, 10:12 AM
+1

We will win this damn game. We ****ing better. If you can't beat AU when they are 2 games removed from going 0-8 in the SEC in the 5th year of your coaching career at MSU, I mean WTF is the point. Luckily, this won't matter. We are winning this game. AU's OL is terrible, and our DL is better than their DL and I don't think they can pass the ball on us. The only way we lose is if our damn kicker misses chip shot fg's or some stupid turnover or screwjob on the plains.

^^^This^^^

We will force them to be one dimensional and make Marshall beat us through the air. I foresee numerous opportunities for interceptions tomorrow. He hasn't got a ****ing clue where the ball is going when he releases it. It was astonishing that they beat Wash State, and it took a long kickoff return and some calls to go their way during the last 5 min that allowed them to win.

slickdawg
09-13-2013, 10:13 AM
They went 5-7 (2-6 conf) pretty sure their going to have a better record than that...hope not though

So you are making excuses for our 2010 season, but propping up their 2012 season? Really ??

bocfarm
09-13-2013, 10:17 AM
So you are making excuses for our 2010 season, but propping up their 2012 season? Really ??

WTF are you talking ab?

I said our schedule looks to be harder this yr than in 2010....meaning losing the Aub game will more than likely make it more difficult to go bowling much less 9-4. I don't get the second part at all, I never commented on their 2012 season.

WTFU

Coach 57
09-13-2013, 10:29 AM
After reading all of you guy's posts each and every single one is right honestly. One thing to remember is that last year we could have beaten THIS Auburn team as bad as we wanted. Period! Yes, this team has a pretty good coach who helped build this team. I understand that. Yes, they ARE better coached on offense & defense. But if you guys remember that game we turned the tide on defense. The momentum swung because of defense. We are FAR superior defensively this year Vs last year. We might not be better offensively this year but this game has always come down to T.Os. And it will again. And it will be OUR defense that closes out the game. It will be close, but we WILL be victorious.

And YES, this game is PARAMOUNT for our season! Otherwise we MUST win in Littlerock & we have not been successful there in the past at all. This game is an easier win than that....it IS Dan's biggest game of his career. Otherwise we look (as C34 said) like we are steadily declining. Year after year.

Behrdawg
09-13-2013, 10:35 AM
WTF are you talking ab?

I said our schedule looks to be harder this yr than in 2010....meaning losing the Aub game will more than likely make it more difficult to go bowling much less 9-4. I don't get the second part at all, I never commented on their 2012 season.

WTFU

So you thinks it harder this year because you are ***** whipped over UM? Why is it that almost every post I read has you gawking over UM??

MarketingBully01
09-13-2013, 10:35 AM
I just want us to win so that these stupid message boards start to at least become marginally readible. I have never seen a more negative fan base in my life. It's really bad when Ole Miss fans actually have a more objective view point of our team then our own fans do. And for all the bitching on the OL. They missed a lot of assignments in the first game and the second game we played the second and third string pretty much the whole game. I think you will see a different OL this weekend starting with Auburn. And when we put up a respectable 150-200 yards rushing against this vaunted Auburn defense can we at least stop bitching about the OL!

bocfarm
09-13-2013, 10:43 AM
So you thinks it harder this year because you are ***** whipped over UM? Why is it that almost every post I read has you gawking over UM??

So I say OM is improved from 2010 and I have a love affair with them? How is that not an accurate statement? Do you watch football?

You and Slick clearly didn't read my posts

#powerbrokers

I seen it dawg
09-13-2013, 10:45 AM

Well at least you threw in the "hope not though". What game is bigger for you, our game or the OM-Texas game?

bocfarm
09-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Well at least you threw in the "hope not though". What game is bigger for you, our game or the OM-Texas game?

I'm going to Austin on a OM party bus

mic
09-13-2013, 10:57 AM
To hell with the media , ESPN and all the so called college football experts, the majority of them are going to be anti MSU no matter what. Yes we can still lose this game and get to 6 even 7 wins.
But I personally think its the biggest game up until this point for CDM since he has been here. The biggest game every year for us as fans of course is OM, but if CDM wants to sell to us, the players, the future class and to everyone outside the MSU family that we aren't the same ole MSU he has to win this game.
The one that has become encouraging over the past few years is we are pissed off and expect a little more than just 6 -7 wins every year. That is a huge step for us as a program and fan base .. A consistent 7 to 8 win season and being COMPETITIVE in the loses and having those years where you upset a few top teams would be outstanding for us in the SEC.. And we aren't far away from all of that now. I just have a felling a loss Sat would be too many steps back that we don't need. Esp in year 5 of CDM
I have been Pro CDM since he got here and if you haven't been your an idiot. But the honeymoon is starting to wear off. Its time to step win this game, give everyone a big shit burger, kick Troy's ass and then have some fun going into the LSU weekend in a few weeks..

Maroonthirteen
09-13-2013, 11:01 AM
A win at AU makes the LSU game a big, exciting game and an upset of LSU slightly more possible. We lose at AU, the air is out of the fan base and the LSU game atmosphere is dead (as well as other games until the Egg). Other than that, regardless of the outcome in AU, I see the players and coaches having just as good of effort and fight for Troy, BG, UK, Ark and OM later in the season. In other words, I don't think a win or loss at AU effects those games. A loss at AU just discreases our ceiling to 6 wins.

Behrdawg
09-13-2013, 11:04 AM
So I say OM is improved from 2010 and I have a love affair with them? How is that not an accurate statement? Do you watch football?

You and Slick clearly didn't read my posts

#powerbrokers

Yes I watch football and I'm pretty sure I know a lot more about it than you- given I played it for 10 years. We know UM is better than 2010. But here at elitedawgs- we dont care to hear about them in every post.

Slick and I read the majority of posts on this board- and you stand out as an OM sympathizer. Take that shit elsewhere.

Coach34
09-13-2013, 11:06 AM
#powerbrokers

You do realize that is something Seventard completely made up dont you? Well, apparently not I guess

I seen it dawg
09-13-2013, 11:11 AM
He's not an OM apologist as much as a Seventard apologist/fan/follower.

War Machine Dawg
09-13-2013, 11:26 AM

+1 Spot on

bocfarm
09-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Yes I watch football and I'm pretty sure I know a lot more about it than you- given I played it for 10 years. We know UM is better than 2010. But here at elitedawgs- we dont care to hear about them in every post.

Slick and I read the majority of posts on this board- and you stand out as an OM sympathizer. Take that shit elsewhere.

Funny you don't want to hear ab OM but 40% of the threads are ab OM

bocfarm
09-13-2013, 01:25 PM
You do realize that is something Seventard completely made up dont you? Well, apparently not I guess

Its a joke