PDA

View Full Version : OM "Sources" wrong again

BeastMan
04-17-2017, 09:51 AM
Some of y'all will remember that all the OM site guys (Yancy & Neal) spent months saying MSU turned in Bo Davis over Jeffrey Simmons. At that point, all the MSU sites guys said it was not true. OM talking heads continued pounding that on podcasts for months despite Ryan Fowler of Tuscaloosa ESPN radio saying on Bo Bounds that the incident was in Texas and a Big 12 school turned him in. Bo actually got him down to Oklahoma and Texas. I also spoke to another beat guy who would have direct knowledge and he said it wasn't MSU. Basically, the whole world knows it's not MSU and OM's heads keep on pounding fake news. Read this new AL.com article which includes Bo Davis first comments since his firing:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/01/bo_davis_speaks_publicly_for_f.html (https://www.google.com/amp/amp.al.com/v1/articles/19997432/bo_davis_speaks_publicly_for_f.amp)

The alleged violations weren't outrageous -- impermissible contact with recruits during a meeting that was allegedly pre-arranged. A different SEC coach received a one-game suspension in 2015 for impermissible contact. What made this more serious for Davis is he wasn't forthcoming with information during his first two meetings with the NCAA.

According to AL.com sources, it all stems from a meeting that took place on Dec. 11, 2014 at Episcopal High School in Texas.

The NCAA believes Davis pre-arranged a visit with then-sophomores Marvin Wilson, Walker Little and Jhamon Ausbon and junior Giovanni Pancotti, at least 18 months before coaches were allowed to have off-campus visits with sophomores and at least six months before coaches were allowed to have such contact with juniors.

The investigation began in May 2015 after the NCAA received a tip about Davis meeting with the four players, a visit that was allegedly set up by someone close to the Alabama program.

During an interview with the NCAA, Episcopal coach Steve Leisz said that person close to the Tide program contacted him about pulling the four players out of class. That person was later present as Davis met with the players for approximately 20 minutes, according to Leisz.

That's pretty clear and specific, isn't it? In all seriousness, how many times can one group of media be wrong?

lamont
04-17-2017, 09:55 AM
They dont care if they are wrong anymore. It's all about pushing a narrative to their idiot fanbase

BeastMan
04-17-2017, 09:57 AM
Just to add, not only were they wrong, the situation included an OM target/legacy. I have a hard time believing OM coaches didn't know the truth about Bo Davis.

BeastMan
04-17-2017, 10:00 AM
They dont care if they are wrong anymore. It's all about pushing a narrative to their idiot fanbase

I'll probably get roasted on this board for saying this but I think Neal cares. Yancy & Chuck, don't care. Neal has an ego as a journalist where I think he wants to be right and respected by his peers.

Bodaski
04-17-2017, 10:07 AM
Some of y'all will remember that all the OM site guys (Yancy & Neal) spent months saying MSU turned in Bo Davis over Jeffrey Simmons. At that point, all the MSU sites guys said it was not true. OM talking heads continued pounding that on podcasts for months despite Ryan Fowler of Tuscaloosa ESPN radio saying on Bo Bounds that the incident was in Texas and a Big 12 school turned him in. Bo actually got him down to Oklahoma and Texas. I also spoke to another beat guy who would have direct knowledge and he said it wasn't MSU. Basically, the whole world knows it's not MSU and OM's heads keep on pounding fake news. Read this new AL.com article which includes Bo Davis first comments since his firing:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.al.com/v1/articles/19997432/bo_davis_speaks_publicly_for_f.amp

That's pretty clear and specific, isn't it? In all seriousness, how many times can one group of media be wrong?

When the Jeffery Simmons situation was being investigated by MSU before allowing Simmons to enroll at MS a family friend of the Simmon's family called in to the Finebaum show. He said he knew for a fact that OM and Bama were both trying to convince Simmons to come to their school. I remember seeing this on the show. PF was dogging MSU for taking Simmons when this guy told him those 2 schools were actively contacting the family and he said both schools were wanting him. This was illegal contact by both schools too. Simmons had signed Scholarship and grant and aid papers.

Dawgbite
04-17-2017, 10:24 AM
I'll probably get roasted on this board for saying this but I think Neal cares. Yancy & Chuck, don't care. Neal has an ego as a journalist where I think he wants to be right and respected by his peers.

Being complicit is just as bad as being a moron!

GreenheadDawg
04-17-2017, 10:25 AM

This is all it boils down to. It doesn't matter how many times they lie or are wrong, their little sheep will continue to eat it up as long as it makes us look bad. The truth is irrelevant to that group

BeastMan
04-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Being complicit is just as bad as being a moron!

True. The reason you're wrong doesn't change the fact that you're still wrong.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-17-2017, 10:51 AM
Why anyone would pay $ for their content is beyond me.....

Political Hack
04-17-2017, 10:58 AM

Well, he's failing miserably if he's actually trying. No one has any respect for that guy, especially after his "coverage" of this mess over the last couple of years. Other actual journalists laugh their asses off at OM's site guys, Neal included.

BeastMan
04-17-2017, 11:01 AM
Well, he's failing miserably if he's actually trying. No one has any respect for that guy, especially after his "coverage" of this mess over the last couple of years. Other actual journalists laugh their asses off at OM's site guys, Neal included.

I say that to say I think you can follow the genesis of the bad info higher up the totem pole. It's being passed down from someone in a position of trust.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-17-2017, 11:16 AM
Why was McReady run out of Alabama?

BeastMan
04-17-2017, 11:20 AM
Why was McReady run out of Alabama?

Don't quote me but I think the story was he wasn't pro Bama enough on the radio and the station pulled his show.

ShotgunDawg
04-17-2017, 11:38 AM
I read an OM board yesterday where a poster believes they get 10 schollies, a 1 year bowl ban, & Freeze is suspended for 2 game without pay with the money going to charity.

This people are truly idiots. There is no other explanation. Their school has absolutely failed to be honest with them & educate them. There is no way that educated people can be this dumb.

TrapGame
04-17-2017, 11:58 AM
I read an OM board yesterday where a poster believes they get 10 schollies, a 1 year bowl ban, & Freeze is suspended for 2 game without pay with the money going to charity.

This people are truly idiots. There is no other explanation. Their school has absolutely failed to be honest with them & educate them. There is no way that educated people can be this dumb.

I've read comments on SDS articles over the last couple of months with similar responses. A vast majority of the fan base thinks this is all an MSU plot about letting some recruit sleep on a coach's couch for a night and getting a free breakfast the next morning. These people are oblivious to what's about to come down from the NCAA. They really think this is about spitting on the sidewalk.

gtowndawg
04-17-2017, 12:02 PM
fake news

starkvegasdawg
04-17-2017, 12:04 PM
I've read comments on SDS articles over the last couple of months with similar responses. A vast majority of the fan base thinks this is all an MSU plot about letting some recruit sleep on a coach's couch for a night and getting a free breakfast the next morning. These people are oblivious to what's about to come down from the NCAA. They really think this is about spitting on the sidewalk.

A lot also think the worst sanctions will be due to them giving money to Leo Lewis and then him coming here. They really don't think they have done anything wrong and Leo is the only reason they are going to get anything at all.

WSOPdawg
04-17-2017, 12:14 PM
A lot also think the worst sanctions will be due to them giving money to Leo Lewis and then him coming here. They really don't think they have done anything wrong and Leo is the only reason they are going to get anything at all.

Trying to explain it to them is a futile attempt at rationality. For some reason, they can't comprehend 21 Level I's with many occurring multiple times as being anything more than Leo. They're that naive regarding the history-making category-5 hurricane heading their way.

GTHOM
04-17-2017, 12:18 PM

If you take the LL stuff out they still would be up shit creek without a paddle. And they're dead wrong on Leo anyway and everyone knows it but them. They will have 20,000 at the games for the next 5 years after this coming year. May start by the end of this year when the team quits bc they have nothing to play for and arent that good anyway. Esp on D

I seen it dawg
04-17-2017, 12:23 PM
**** those shitbirds

Political Hack
04-17-2017, 12:28 PM
I say that to say I think you can follow the genesis of the bad info higher up the totem pole. It's being passed down from someone in a position of trust.

There's no doubt about it, but he slurped it up like an idiot at a David Koresh kool aid party.

Tbonewannabe
04-17-2017, 12:49 PM
If you take the LL stuff out they still would be up shit creek without a paddle. And they're dead wrong on Leo anyway and everyone knows it but them. They will have 20,000 at the games for the next 5 years after this coming year. May start by the end of this year when the team quits bc they have nothing to play for and arent that good anyway. Esp on D

Take a hit for bowl payouts and have a 50% decrease in ticket sales will definitely hurt their checkbook.

Lumpy Chucklelips
04-17-2017, 12:57 PM
When the Jeffery Simmons situation was being investigated by MSU before allowing Simmons to enroll at MS a family friend of the Simmon's family called in to the Finebaum show. He said he knew for a fact that OM and Bama were both trying to convince Simmons to come to their school. I remember seeing this on the show. PF was dogging MSU for taking Simmons when this guy told him those 2 schools were actively contacting the family and he said both schools were wanting him. This was illegal contact by both schools too. Simmons had signed Scholarship and grant and aid papers.

Truth. I was watching Finebaum when this happened. Finebaum didn't want to hear it, but had to.

LockeDawg
04-17-2017, 03:37 PM
I'll probably get roasted on this board for saying this but I think Neal cares. Yancy & Chuck, don't care. Neal has an ego as a journalist where I think he wants to be right and respected by his peers.Too effing late for Neal to seek respect and credibility as a journalist. He has continuously shit the bed in his profession and will forever be a laughing stock, he never even tried to redeem himself - just kept on pushing the narrative for far too long.

Ari Gold
04-17-2017, 03:53 PM
Wake me up when ONE source they have about this is actually right...
Anyone that wants the real news about the MOAB that the NCAA is about to drop on their ass just keep reading ED.. that includes you too #shitbirds

Coackjek
04-17-2017, 03:57 PM
Quick question: when the coi meets and cast their decision as far as punishment, how detailed will they be on what caused the penalty? In other words will the specifics in the noi's be released by the NCAA or is it completely up to the school to decide?

Bulldogg31
04-17-2017, 04:08 PM
You can read all the NCAA COI's recent decisions online. They are very specific about the infraction but never give names.

LockeDawg
04-17-2017, 04:16 PM
You can read all the NCAA COI's recent decisions online. They are very specific about the infraction but never give names.

I wish they'd give names when these cases are finalized. Name the names and let the public know who the big times boosters, street agents, and coaches, players, recruits that were involved in this shit storm.

Barking 13
04-17-2017, 05:36 PM
There's no doubt about it, but he slurped it up like an idiot at a Jim Jones kool aid party.

FIFY

Coackjek
04-17-2017, 08:41 PM
I wish they'd give names when these cases are finalized. Name the names and let the public know who the big times boosters, street agents, and coaches, players, recruits that were involved in this shit storm.

I agree. But OM won't release so they can control the narrative. Keeping the proverbial wool over the eyes.

Mimi's Babies
04-17-2017, 09:28 PM
What will it take to get the names released? The PUBLIC has a right to know -- because from what I was told MANY of them are TRIAL LAWYERS..... Is there Ethic violations????

Bothrops
04-17-2017, 09:56 PM

Paul Finebalm is a piece of shit. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mimi's Babies
04-17-2017, 10:16 PM
I was told, whether truth or not, that one school left MONEY on the coffee table when they left the home... anyone care to guess just what school that was????

On a different NOTE: Check Finebalm about 5:00 pm today and hear him DEFEND OM....

JDog13
04-18-2017, 12:40 PM

We may never know all the names, but we'll know what crymes were committed. I'm expecting it to go from the AD, all the way down to the SID.