PDA

View Full Version : Our current porbation and the new stuff about Cox and Bumphis.

Jack Lambert
09-13-2013, 08:28 AM
This all happened before the Redmond situation took place. It happened before the agreement with the NCAA on the Redmond situation. So if part of our probation is not to break any rules while on probation how would this effect it?

CJDAWG85
09-13-2013, 08:29 AM
Nothing is going to happen from this...

smootness
09-13-2013, 08:29 AM
It wouldnt.

1) because, as you said, this was before the Redmond stuff anyway

2) we didn't do anything wrong, so we didn't break any rules, even if everything said in that article is proven to be 100% fact. Even if we weren't already on probation, we wouldn't even be placed on probation for this.

Maroonthirteen
09-13-2013, 08:43 AM
The worst that will happen from this is OM can hit the recruiting trail again this year, point to the story, and say we are under investigation again. The reporting by Yahoo and ESPN are building this into something that it isn't and perception among the average person is "cheating." ESPN, just last night, called this "5 SEC athletes receive improper benefits........" yada, yada, yada. Something to close to that........ I had a conversation with a co-worker yesterday. This is a guy who follows the NFL and college loosely. His words were Alabama is paying players. It just really pisses me off that the media will sensationalize this to make it a story.

MrKotter
09-13-2013, 08:47 AM
More is being made about this then there is. This is a non issue

Original48
09-13-2013, 08:51 AM
The worst that will happen from this is OM can hit the recruiting trail again this year, point to the story, and say we are under investigation again.
Combine this with "and lastly mom of 5 star, we have a quality compliance department filled with the best attorneys in the land and I can assure you, you will never find your son in a situation like this here at Not Mississippi State University."

slickdawg
09-13-2013, 08:55 AM
"We'll make your son the BEST PLAYER IN MISSISSIPPI. State will make them a first round draft pick or Thorpe winner second round pick"

Saltydog
09-13-2013, 09:48 AM
latest master piece.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--sec-s-image-muddied-by-off-field-dirt-052425347.html

PassInterference
09-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Pat Forde continues his trend of being a sensationalist prick. I expected no less.

smootness
09-13-2013, 10:05 AM
Haha what an awful article. It is Forde's MO, though; just write an article full of conjecture, citing little issues here and there and declaring them proof of a much larger claim, and then the rest of the article is just him agreeing with his opinion.

He wrote a similar article about Stans several years back, and essentially called him dirty just because some people perceived him as being dirty. There were no facts and nothing to base the reputation on, but he used the opinions of others (he didn't even name anyone in the article, though) as proof - it was essentially a, 'They say this...' I actually wrote him an email telling him I thought the article was absurd; I respected the fact that he actually responded to the email, but the tone of his response was essentially, 'I think Stans is dirty'; again, there was nothing concrete and he offered no real justification for the article.

So this is what he does...the SEC is TERRIBLE...why? Because their reputation is of being terrible; and this one small incident, not directly involving any of the schools even mentioned, is proof of that. Case closed. Oh, and they're all going to burn.

He doesn't even know, or worse, doesn't care, what constitutes a violation by the school itself. Major sanctions? MM hmm, totally. They gonna blast us!