PDA

View Full Version : Singling out players.

EngDawg
04-15-2017, 09:40 PM
Players and recruits do look at these boards. Can't we agree that bashing our players over and over is bad for the program?

MaroonFlounder
04-15-2017, 09:50 PM
Agree. LA is true maroon. 100% Bulldog. If folks blame anyone, blame coaching. What is Belmont gonna do? Tell coach not to put him in the lineup? We are winning ball games. And without his HR today, the game goes extra innings and we may have lost.

Todd4State
04-15-2017, 10:01 PM
Agree. LA is true maroon. 100% Bulldog. If folks blame anyone, blame coaching. What is Belmont gonna do? Tell coach not to put him in the lineup? We are winning ball games. And without his HR today, the game goes extra innings and we may have lost.

I agree with everything except blaming the coaching. Blame the situation. There really are no other good options. I think this weekend with Cody Brown and Hunter Stovall making outstanding plays at their respective positions shows why they need to be where they are and also why LA needs to be where he is. Taking LA out of the lineup would without question not only make us worse at third base defensively but also make us worse at other spots on the diamond as well. Harrison Bragg has had to sit for loafing and LA has not done that as far as I can tell.

I do agree that he strikes out too much- but when he makes contact he tends to do damage as he is fourth on the team in home runs and his extra base hits are comparable to Gridley and Cody Brown's extra base hit totals right now. He has been giving us one hit a game and generally solid defense while making us stronger defensively at other places as well. If you look at his career arc it's pretty comparable to Ryan Gridley's who hit .280 last year which was one of the lower totals on the team and gave us solid defense at SS. Once he learns how to go the other way more- something that I know Cann is working with him on- I think he will really take off as a hitter.

lamont
04-15-2017, 10:03 PM
They are SEC athletes. They are big boys. You have to accept the criticism along with the praise. That's life

lamont
04-15-2017, 10:06 PM

Nobody has ever questioned Belmont's effort or love for his school

smootness
04-15-2017, 10:19 PM
Players and recruits do look at these boards. Can't we agree that bashing our players over and over is bad for the program?

Absolutely...unless it's a player we've deemed open for bashing.

Liverpooldawg
04-15-2017, 10:20 PM
Nobody has ever questioned Belmont's effort or love for his school

I assume you use "Belmont" to denigrate him since it is a small out of the way place. it makes you look like an idiot since Luke has played internationally for the USA on nearly every level possible so far. An international vs Random 34......hilarious.

lamont
04-15-2017, 10:24 PM
I assume you use "Belmont" to denigrate him since it is a small out of the way place. it makes you look like an idiot since Luke has played internationally for the USA on nearly every level possible so far. An international vs Random 34......hilarious.

You become a bigger idiot by the day

Liverpooldawg
04-15-2017, 10:27 PM
You become a bigger idiot by the day

LOL, An international player vs you................ok.

MaroonFlounder
04-15-2017, 10:28 PM
Hopefully Blaylock improves. It's been a real struggle for him at the plate.

Skydawg1
04-15-2017, 10:34 PM
What the **** is Belmont?

Liverpooldawg
04-15-2017, 10:48 PM
What the **** is Belmont?

Luke Alexander is from Belmont. Belmont is a small town in NE Mississippi. Random enjoys putting down kids from small Mississippi towns evidently.............never mind that those towns are the backbone of our fan base and recruiting.

lamont
04-15-2017, 10:55 PM
Luke Alexander is from Belmont. Belmont is a small town in NE Mississippi. Random enjoys putting down kids from small Mississippi towns evidently.............never mind that those towns are the backbone of our fan base and recruiting.

Belmont is not a put down you whining crybaby

DancingRabbit
04-15-2017, 11:01 PM
Belmont is not a put down you whining crybaby

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/2723swyu4802.gif

Todd4State
04-15-2017, 11:34 PM
Hopefully Blaylock improves. It's been a real struggle for him at the plate.

I think he will. He's just a freshman- and we've seen guys like Rooker and Renfroe struggle when they were young players but after they get some AB's and develop they became very good players for us. I could see Blaylock following a similar path. He has made some outstanding defensive plays for us and he is very fast and has shown some power. It's just a matter of learning the strike zone and being more patient at the plate. That usually comes with AB's.

sandwolf
04-16-2017, 12:14 AM
Luke Alexander is from Belmont. Belmont is a small town in NE Mississippi. Random enjoys putting down kids from small Mississippi towns evidently.............never mind that those towns are the backbone of our fan base and recruiting.I don't think this nickname came from RP.....I think maybe his teammates gave it to him. Either way, I have never taken it to be any kind of slight towards LA.

I seen it dawg
04-16-2017, 09:50 AM
Lots of whiny ***** in this thread.

confucius say
04-16-2017, 10:25 AM
I don't agree with RP on sitting LA right now given our offensive propensity, but I don't think he is using "Belmont" as a slight.

JDog13
04-16-2017, 10:54 AM
Lots of whiny ***** on this board.

Yep

Ari Gold
04-16-2017, 11:01 AM
IJ thinks the posts and threads here about LA are praise compared to what he dealt with over the last few years..
Holloway seconds that..

Gutter Cobreh
04-16-2017, 11:25 AM
IJ thinks the posts and threads here about LA are praise compared to what he dealt with over the last few years..
Holloway seconds that..

Also, don't forget the lovely nickname given to the entire girl's basketball team....to me that was worse that criticizing the way an athlete is playing.

Also, I think Belmont is a great nickname. Seems like some here need to find their "safe spaces".