PDA

View Full Version : Just think how good our baseball team would be if they did not suck like you all said

Jack Lambert
04-15-2017, 07:18 PM
Just saying.

confucius say
04-15-2017, 07:27 PM
11-19 in sec play. 11-19.

Todd4State
04-15-2017, 07:27 PM
Why call out posters when we should just be enjoying the excitement of what this team is doing and the potential that our coaches have?

And no I wasn't one of the more vocal ones about us sucking.

msstate7
04-15-2017, 07:29 PM
11-19 in sec play. 11-19.

I didn't think we were gonna win 11 after Arkansas series. I'm thrilled to be completely wrong on this team

basedog
04-15-2017, 07:29 PM
Gotta love our "little league" approach!

confucius say
04-15-2017, 07:31 PM
I didn't think we were gonna win 11 after Arkansas series. I'm thrilled to be completely wrong on this team

There were several thinking that I'm sure. I just remember one who through out the random 11-19 prediction.

Jack Lambert
04-15-2017, 07:48 PM
Why call out posters when we should just be enjoying the excitement of what this team is doing and the potential that our coaches have?

Because very few of them every come back admit they were wrong.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-15-2017, 08:01 PM

Why start a thread to talk shit about one of our players, that's what needs to be called out.

I seen it dawg
04-15-2017, 08:07 PM
Not all little lady...

RougeDawg
04-15-2017, 08:25 PM
Gotta love our "little league" approach!

It's what we do best. Pee Wee message board heros. One U.S. fluid ounce fact/experience, 127 U.S. Fluid ounces bullshit/speculations and they spew one United States gallon worth of "knowledge". Typical MSU Fan.

MaroonFlounder
04-15-2017, 08:28 PM
I knew the top of the lineup would do well at the plate. That's all I knew. Macnamee and Vansau are a huge surprise. And Spence as a closer with the breaking stuff...just wow.

basedog
04-15-2017, 08:29 PM
It's what we do best. Pee Wee message board heros. One U.S. fluid ounce fact/experience, 127 U.S. Fluid ounces bullshit/speculations and they spew one United States gallon worth of "knowledge". Typical MSU Fan.

What the hell are you talking about?

shoeless joe
04-15-2017, 08:51 PM

His hitting approach

BeardoMSU
04-15-2017, 09:11 PM
Just think how good we'd be if we had the right Coach leading our boys....ya know, that one soul who's an expert in everything: baseball, basketball, football, disc golf, whatever....it doesn't matter which....after all, it takes a particular mind to know how to better coach each sport better than the actual coaches who are paid millions to do it*****

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/cruise.gif

CadaverDawg
04-15-2017, 09:19 PM
Just wait til after the 3 year rebuild*

BeardoMSU
04-15-2017, 09:35 PM
Just wait til after the 3 year rebuild*

It'll be 3 years until someone other than Belmont plays 3rd base, so....***

Jack Lambert
04-15-2017, 09:41 PM
The thing is when things are bad there is thread after thread after thread about it. We have 200 experts who know it all and it is all negative but when things are good those same people disappear. It's like Miss State people are not happy unless they can bitch. Too many live to lose. Hell too many gave up after the Arkansas weekend. I guess that's the Miss State DNA and to add to it we eat our own. You have to give those pricks over on the ole miss side credit, they might be ass holes but they are not ass hole to themselves. No matter how bad things are they never give up hope, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel but State fans we are walking through that tunnel expecting a good old fashion nutt kick at the end.

CadaverDawg
04-15-2017, 09:49 PM
The thing is when things are bad there is thread after thread after thread about it. We have 200 experts who know it all and it is all negative but when things are good those same people disappear. It's like Miss State people are not happy unless they can bitch. Too many live to lose. Hell too many gave up after the Arkansas weekend. I guess that's the Miss State DNA and to add to it we eat our own. You have to give those pricks over on the ole miss side credit, they might be ass holes but they are not ass hole to themselves. No matter how bad things are they never give up hope, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel but State fans we are walking through that tunnel expect a good old fashion nutt kick at the end of the tunnel.

You have a point, but in a way everything in life is that way. Do you and your wife fight about having too much money, or just when there's not enough?
I guess we could all take a page from the Trump handbook and complain that "we're just so tired of all this winning".*

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/72456975/trump-statements-were-going-to-win-so-much-youll-be-tired-of-winning.jpg

Todd4State
04-15-2017, 09:51 PM
It'll be 3 years until someone other than Belmont plays 3rd base, so....***

At the risk of starting a 10 page thread- I think LA will start at SS when Gridley leaves or gets married. Whichever happens first.

Commence poop slinging.

Commercecomet24
04-15-2017, 10:06 PM
Baseball doesn't lend itself to impatience. You have to stay even keeled in games and in seasons. Games are long, seasons are long and it's a humbling game. It's hard teaching young players that games aren't over in the first inning and seasons aren't over in the first month. That's why it's so important never to let the wheels come off when it's going bad early. It can turn around just that quick. This team has Heart and is being led by a lion! I wouldn't put anything past this bunch. In baseball the most talented team don't always win the championship, the BEST TEAM does.

CadaverDawg
04-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Baseball doesn't lend itself to impatience. You have to stay even keeled in games and in seasons. Games are long, seasons are long and it's a humbling game. It's hard teaching young players that games aren't over in the first inning and seasons aren't over in the first month. That's why it's so important never to let the wheels come off when it's going bad early. It can turn around just that quick. This team has Heart and is being led by a lion! I wouldn't put anything past this bunch. In baseball the most talented team don't always win the championship, the BEST TEAM does.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.

blacklistedbully
04-16-2017, 02:11 AM
Not all little lady...

Me neither. :)

dawgs
04-16-2017, 02:52 AM

Amen. It's like everyone forgets we were 12-10 and 0-3 in the sec with 7 pitchers out with TJ surgery. No one's frustration had to do with bad coaching or anything, it was a general frustration with all the injuries likely robbing us of a decent regional shot. It's completely different from when someone wants a coach gone and the coach starts winning. No one in their right mind wants cann gone already and no one was blaming him for our problems early in the year. Just because we looked like shit early in the season and the outlook wasn't pretty doesn't mean we want the team to fail, it means we looked like shit and there were no signs of it being better moving forward.

No BS Dawg
04-16-2017, 06:03 AM
Let's give Henderson props too. What this pitching staff is doing is nothing short of miraculous. Decision making on his and Cann's part is outstanding.

BrunswickDawg
04-16-2017, 06:53 AM

Damn, got spread some rep around, so I guess you get my 2 cents instead. Everything you say is spot on. I'll add that the impatience is how you can always pick out people who didn't play baseball at any level higher than Little League - if that. And if MSU fans should have learned since 2011, it's that baseball is a long season and sometimes all it takes is the right spark for a huge run.

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-16-2017, 07:14 AM
Poor Cann is in way over his head with the garbage Coinz left him**

WSOPdawg
04-16-2017, 08:02 AM

Well said, Commerce. Rep given bro.

Percho
04-16-2017, 08:19 AM

Himself?

Percho
04-16-2017, 08:23 AM
The thing is when things are bad there is thread after thread after thread about it. We have 200 experts who know it all and it is all negative but when things are good those same people disappear. It's like Miss State people are not happy unless they can bitch. Too many live to lose. Hell too many gave up after the Arkansas weekend. I guess that's the Miss State DNA and to add to it we eat our own. You have to give those pricks over on the ole miss side credit, they might be ass holes but they are not ass hole to themselves. No matter how bad things are they never give up hope, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel but State fans we are walking through that tunnel expecting a good old fashion nutt kick at the end.

I'm 74 and have been a MSU fan since about 58/59 and as long as I can remember we MSU fans live by Murphy's Law.

Percho
04-16-2017, 08:26 AM

Has anyone noticed how you can see the patience in Cann when they show him on the sidelines?

I seen it dawg
04-16-2017, 09:56 AM
Has anyone noticed how you can see the patience in Cann when they show him on the sidelines?

Almost like he knows what the hell he is doing...

I seen it dawg
04-16-2017, 09:57 AM

People can't separate this from the football mentality of one game a week. Mental midgets.

Bulldogg31
04-16-2017, 10:00 AM
I predicted 16-14 in the SEC and will be stoked when we surpass that. Props to Cann, the staff, and the 23 healthy bodies grinding this out.

dawgs
04-16-2017, 10:35 AM
Damn, got spread some rep around, so I guess you get my 2 cents instead. Everything you say is spot on. I'll add that the impatience is how you can always pick out people who didn't play baseball at any level higher than Little League - if that. And if MSU fans should have learned since 2011, it's that baseball is a long season and sometimes all it takes is the right spark for a huge run.

I played baseball through HS and it's still my favorite sport. Just because the season is long doesn't means crappy team is going to turn into a good team. Fact is, we looked like a crappy team after the arkansas series and the usm game, and most of those games were against some of the weaker opponents on our schedule. It's completely illogical to assume a team that's 12-10 against the weaker part of its schedule will suddenly turn into studs against the sec, but they did. And I'm damn excited they did.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-16-2017, 11:27 AM
I predicted 16-14 in the SEC and will be stoked when we surpass that. Props to Cann, the staff, and the 23 healthy bodies grinding this out.

15-15 was my benchmark for a successful season. 12-18 would probably have been my prediction going into conference play. This is the most optimistic and relaxed I've ever been with an MSU team in any sport because they've already blown my expectations out of the water.

StoneDawg
04-16-2017, 11:37 AM
https://s10.postimg.org/4uexx62sp/IMG_5843.gif

To all the Haters

I seen it dawg
04-16-2017, 12:44 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahah so awesome

CadaverDawg
04-16-2017, 12:58 PM

To all the Haters

That's great

HSVDawg
04-16-2017, 02:23 PM
I'm personally thrilled with this team and the job Cann was doing. And I'm happy to admit my wrong-ness about the potential we had (although I never held that against Cann as much as the situation he inherited). I'm still pretty dumbfounded that we are doing what we are doing and have just decided swear off arguing with the message board experts who still insist about bitching about the small things we aren't doing the way they want to see it.

RougeDawg
04-16-2017, 07:25 PM
His hitting approach

You mean the one rooker now uses? Swing is much shorter now to point of contact. Less rotation in swing(i.e. Not swinging around the zune but straight through the zone). That's All I've ever said on here. I'm sorry I can't understand things for everyone. But carry on peanut gallery. Carry on.

I seen it dawg
04-16-2017, 07:46 PM
Lol shit emansky is back

Ari Gold
04-16-2017, 08:11 PM

To all the Haters

That's Ari -esque.. pure Gold.

BrunswickDawg
04-17-2017, 07:06 AM
I played baseball through HS and it's still my favorite sport. Just because the season is long doesn't means crappy team is going to turn into a good team. Fact is, we looked like a crappy team after the arkansas series and the usm game, and most of those games were against some of the weaker opponents on our schedule. It's completely illogical to assume a team that's 12-10 against the weaker part of its schedule will suddenly turn into studs against the sec, but they did. And I'm damn excited they did.
Totally disagree that this team looked crappy. They looked inexperienced. They looked inattentive. They looked a little overwhelmed with everything they were facing - new coaches, new players, lots of injuries to key guys, and blowing winnable games. You could see the talent. The Seniors stepping up and saying "this isn't how we do things" was huge, and pulled everyone together. People melting after the Arkansas series were melting about the wrong things. Making assumptions that Cann couldn't handle the situation, talking about how millennials are a bunch of soft pussies who aren't mentally tough, and giving up on talented kids 1 series into SEC play all shows impatience and a total lack of understanding of the game. This team has talent, it just needed to know what was expected and learn how to win.

Tbonewannabe
04-17-2017, 08:41 AM
Totally disagree that this team looked crappy. They looked inexperienced. They looked inattentive. They looked a little overwhelmed with everything they were facing - new coaches, new players, lots of injuries to key guys, and blowing winnable games. You could see the talent. The Seniors stepping up and saying "this isn't how we do things" was huge, and pulled everyone together. People melting after the Arkansas series were melting about the wrong things. Making assumptions that Cann couldn't handle the situation, talking about how millennials are a bunch of soft pussies who aren't mentally tough, and giving up on talented kids 1 series into SEC play all shows impatience and a total lack of understanding of the game. This team has talent, it just needed to know what was expected and learn how to win.

Yep, we lost a lot of close games and blew some leads which we did early last year. People forget Canny didn't have fall ball to figure out his team so the beginning of this year was the first time he got to see firsthand what everyone could do. Blake Smith was our closer last year and at the beginning of this year. He folded a couple of times early when we didn't know he was pitching with a bad elbow. You can't blame Canny for thinking Blake should be able to close out a game early when he did it all last year. This might be one of the best coaching jobs I have seen and it is his first year. I can see why Cohen just went straight to him and offered.

BrunswickDawg
04-17-2017, 10:23 AM
Yep, we lost a lot of close games and blew some leads which we did early last year. People forget Canny didn't have fall ball to figure out his team so the beginning of this year was the first time he got to see firsthand what everyone could do. Blake Smith was our closer last year and at the beginning of this year. He folded a couple of times early when we didn't know he was pitching with a bad elbow. You can't blame Canny for thinking Blake should be able to close out a game early when he did it all last year. This might be one of the best coaching jobs I have seen and it is his first year. I can see why Cohen just went straight to him and offered.

It's a lot like last year, or 2011, 2012, 2013, or 2016. Each of those years we blew a lot of games early. Then we dinked around in SEC play. In 2011 it took until May 6th -8th, where we go and sweep a ranked Tennessee on the road, take 2 of three at OM, and win 1 of 3 against LSU. That got us over the hump (with a 14-16 SEC record no less) and set up the run in Atlanta and then the great Super against UF. 2012 we get swept in 2 games at home by SE Louisiana and sucking against LSU, Ark, and AU and everybody freaks. We finally kick in the first weekend of April taking 2/3 from Vandy, then "roll" to a 16-14 SEC record. 2013 - there was a ton of melt on this board after dropping 2 to Central Arkansas, sucking against LSU, Uk, and Ark before talking 2/3 from UF and "rolling" to 16-14 in SEC play and a 50 win season and CWS Finals appearance. And like you said, last year we dinked around early and caught fire as SEC play started and never looked back. Of course in 2014 and 2015 we looked damn good until SEC play, then went into the tank around the 3rd SEC series. All of that is why I never get too high or low about a team until the 2nd or 3rd week of April.

dawgs
04-18-2017, 09:28 AM

No one said cann couldn't handle the situation or that millenials are pussies. They said that the 7 injuries to pitchers and inexperience were going to limit our ceiling (a totally reasonable take). Literally no one said we'd be tied for 2nd in the conference 1 game out of 1st after 5 series and in position to host a regional. Some said a good season would be to sneak into a regional as a 3 seed, but let's not act like this was something predictable or normal.

Tbonewannabe
04-18-2017, 09:45 AM
No one said cann couldn't handle the situation or that millenials are pussies. They said that the 7 injuries to pitchers and inexperience were going to limit our ceiling (a totally reasonable take). Literally no one said we'd be tied for 2nd in the conference 1 game out of 1st after 5 series and in position to host a regional. Some said a good season would be to sneak into a regional as a 3 seed, but let's not act like this was something predictable or normal.

If after the Ark series with Cyr and Marrero getting kicked off, we would have been offered a .500 record and a 3 seed somewhere everyone on this board would have taken it. What this team has done is phenomenal. Even Cohen's run to the title game, he didn't have that team playing like this. That team didn't have half the adversity this team is going through.

Anybody think after our Sunday starter punched a wall and broke his hand that we could win a series at #11 USCe?

BrunswickDawg
04-18-2017, 10:15 AM

Yeah, they did. And there were people talking about this being the start of a 3 year rebuild. If I was better at searching old threads, I'd go pull them.

Now, I'll agree that no one was predicting that we would be doing what we are doing. And, as you say, there were realists saying the injuries were going to limit us and this may be a "mulligan" type season. My point is still the same - as early as it was, there were way too many people totally writing off the talent that we do have and assuming the worst.

dawgs
04-18-2017, 12:51 PM
Yeah, they did. And there were people talking about this being the start of a 3 year rebuild. If I was better at searching old threads, I'd go pull them.

Now, I'll agree that no one was predicting that we would be doing what we are doing. And, as you say, there were realists saying the injuries were going to limit us and this may be a "mulligan" type season. My point is still the same - as early as it was, there were way too many people totally writing off the talent that we do have and assuming the worst.

Because people watched how they were playing and thought that the leap they'd need to make to be a good team would be too great of a leap to make within the season.

The problem is the people trying to equate people thinking this would be a mulligan season 5 weeks ago to the people that would prefer stans or rick ray lose basketball games so that we'd fire them instead of winning just enough to keep their job. These are completely different scenarios, there's no one that would prefer to see us losing right now in order to have been right in their realistic outlook back in mid-march.

Tbonewannabe
04-18-2017, 02:38 PM

No clue what I said but it wouldn't have surprised me if I thought it was a 3 year rebuild just from all the TJ surgeries. Most guys take over a year to come back so next year we will still probably be limited in our pitching staff.